Aylesbury Football Club

Aylesbury Football Club

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How the hell did we lose that today ,

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Will afc

PostSubject: How the hell did we lose that today ,    20.10.13 4:50

I think after watching today performance it's so clear we need a bloody striker ,

Gareth price is not a striker , he's a attacking wideman who likes to cut inside and run at players ,
If we had a striker who knows how to stay on side and put the ball in the net we would of won today ,

First half we dominated play and never looked like losing , but 2nd half like a differant team came out , wasn't pressing the ball as much, had chances to score but yet again we did not take them, and yet again we had a weak subs bench ,

Craig this needs sorting out as it's getting bloody ridiculous now ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wignut

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    20.10.13 5:09

We need a striker??? Craig has just let a striker go who scored 20+ goals for us last season, Brian has scored 3 in 4 since leaving, price has always been a wide player not a forward.

These are obvious to all of us, but the manger clearly doesn't see it, I've never thought he was the right man for the job and with rugby next week it will be 4 defeats in a row
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imp

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    20.10.13 5:19

Wignut wrote:
We need a striker??? Craig has just let a striker go who scored 20+ goals for us last season, Brian has scored 3 in 4 since leaving, price has always been a wide player not a forward.

These are obvious to all of us, but the manger clearly doesn't see it, I've never thought he was the right man for the job and with rugby next week it will be 4 defeats in a row
Royston actually - but you are probably right anyway.  Another very strong team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    20.10.13 5:34

Unfortunately our fan base will never grow if we keep losing , Wally was fuming at the end of the match
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    20.10.13 6:20

I have just finished the report and I have included 13 attempts on goal by FC and that doesn't count the little half chances which I reckon could have taken the chances up to 20. I don't know what to say, we need a striker defo but I dont think Brian was the answer. Nice bloke but so ineffective this season it was like playing with 10 men.

At one point in the game we had Alex Kedzierski (playing FB admittedly), Sonny, Ollie and Jamie playing - all four of them are exactly the same style of player i.e creative midfielders. No point creating stuff in midfield if no-one can finish it.

BTW thanks Will for givng me a lift, even if the kids in the back seat were playing up!!!
Back to top Go down
mrfish

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    20.10.13 6:31

Heard today that our targeted striker turned down our offer,yet another has been earmarked,I dont know wignut does he/she attend games unlike Imp who works away.Wally was right to be fuming .How the f--k did we lose!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    20.10.13 6:44

No worries jools , your more than welcome , the kids do make me giggle ,

On wards and upwards , if we continue to lost jools we can always go watch tring athletic Wink lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    20.10.13 10:43

Always read the posts on here for years so i thought it was time to join(now i know what to do)and have a moan as from what i read it was yet another wasted journey

what is happening to us..... Pre season - Rubbish......start of season -rubbish.......Craig was obviously told to sort it out or he's out......we go on a good run......players where getting let go left right and centre as it looked like the bench was overflowing and im assuming that was so we could sign on a couple of decent players like a STRIKER??
Somethings got to be done especially now that craig is having to play.......well that says it all really.

You can lose games but the way we are losing is shocking might aswell be a Sunday side!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    20.10.13 18:17

If we are creating chances then there is not a lot wrong other than a decent striker..defence looks decent as well so no problem there..as we all know Craig is looking for a striker but looks like we keep getting turned down.Believe the problem i have is why Craig could not see this before the season started..price is not one and haule was too old.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrfish

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    20.10.13 22:49

Well said coach Gareth is not a striker,but a winger he is, as shown yesterday when he drifts out wide to where he naturally plays but he is being asked to cover the center forward role.There must be a center forward out there somewhere,I know good ones are hard to find,but sooner than later!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    20.10.13 23:31

What has happened to that chap, George House? He hasn't had a chance. Is he injured?
Back to top Go down
DB

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    21.10.13 0:02

I think most fans would agree with you Coach that our defence looks decent, yet in the last two Saturdays against lower placed teams we have let in six goals. Why is that ? And if we are looking to replace Gareth up front what will happen to him or Freddie, I really wouldn't like to lose either but really can't see us keeping both.
What has happened to that chap, George House? He hasn't had a chance. Is he injured?                   Jools can you recall the Vincenzo fiasco  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    21.10.13 1:16

DB wrote:
Jools can you recall the Vincenzo fiasco  Embarassed
Was he Italian? Razz 
Back to top Go down
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    21.10.13 1:36

Was Ben gallent any good when he used to play for us? Trying to remember who he was
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    21.10.13 4:25

Will afc wrote:
Was Ben gallent any good when he used to play for us? Trying to remember who he was
He only played maybe half a dozen games for us earlier this year(last season) a white bloke. Think he had some kind of injury, he never looked match fit to me. Was ineffective for us at that time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    21.10.13 4:26

Thanks db
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    21.10.13 6:37

I think the big question is what qualities are we wanting from an incoming forward, everyone has an opinion and with heavy pitches in mind, I'd like a great big lump that can stay onside, hold up the ball,  is good in the air and who can knock defenders around like skittles. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chatty

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    22.10.13 5:25

Better get your boots on then DB.....lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrfish

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    22.10.13 5:28

Gallant had something up with his back,he said it needed operating on.Never did look a shade on what he used to be,running out for Leighton this season periodically
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    22.10.13 5:44

As long as we continue to court mediocre players then teams like Leigjton, Chertsey, NGU and Northwood will always be our rivals.......and teams such as Daventry, Rugby and Slough will always see us as an easy three points.
Back to top Go down
DB

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    22.10.13 10:04

Chatty wrote:
Better get your boots on then DB.....lol! 
Think I may only qualify as the big lump! Laughing 

You may have a point Jools.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How the hell did we lose that today ,    

Back to top Go down

How the hell did we lose that today ,
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1