Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Craig quits

+10
Mr Ron
mikefarquharson
mrfish
Chatty
Imp
Oldtimer
Old Plumb
Pris_Ris_Scott
coach
Will afc
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Craig quits Empty Craig quits Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Can't say I am surpirsed to read that Craig has quit. Haywood Way has not been a happy place this season. Poor pre-season, lack of quality players signed, terrible start to the season, the spankings v Dunstable and Shortwood, and then throwing away the game at NGU.

I like Craig and wanted the bloke to do well but I think the main issues lay with player recruitment. CF just didnt have the contacts and that's partly the club's faulty as they knew Craig's experience when they took him on. Still he has left us in a better position than when he took over.

Who knows what will happen now?

2Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Will afc

I'm with jools, Craig was a nice guy but just a shame did not have contacts to take us to next level ,
A striker been a paromount for months ,

Good luck Craig for future ,

Let's hope we can now progress

3Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:50 pm

coach

coach

Seemed quite apparent to all that.he was clueless in recruitment of players..new manager needs to.know the leagues that we play in and not the football league!

4Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

What the fuuuuuck!?

Dunno what to make of this. Certainly a shock. I know he had to justify his position 4/5 games back but we're not down and out!

My immediate thoughts are how is the team going to be feeling mentally going into the game this saturday against a team who are a game in hand away from top 3?

Relieved and fired up or lost and confused?

Bloody hell....

-----------------------------

Thankyou craig! Thanks for beating the ducks!!! Will never forget that. All the best!

5Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:29 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Sorry you are finding it nesessary too resign as first team manager but your family and sanity must come first, hope we all will see you around and also help supply us with educated players from our Acadamy, which is a tremendous credit to you and the club.Glad you will also be involved with the youth section. See you down there and good luck for your future in all you partake in, Old Plumb.

6Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:00 pm

Will afc

Hi Scott , hope your well mate ,

You down on Saturday ?

Been trying to think what managers are out there can only think at this minute of. Mark eaton , Tony batemen don't think he's in management at the minute, Keith Scott would be great appointment , ,
And if we can't get anybody ill do it mr martone for 60k a yr plus company car ,lol Wink

But on a serious note Craig falco if u read this forum thanks for what u have done for us , shame it did not work out for you , good luck mate , really hope to still see u around the club

7Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Oldtimer

I believe he has made the right decision for both himself and the club. He's made some mistakes and shocking decisions and seemed he couldn't get his head around what it takes to manage a football club in this league despite the time he had. As he said his company has worked hard to create his academy at AFC and needs to concentrate on building it up and making it a great success. He is a decent bloke who sometimes got it wrong! As i said earlier i believe its the best decision for him and the club. All the best Craig.

8Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:47 am

Oldtimer

To add to what I wrote last night, although he's a decent bloke, in some respects, his statement did disappoint me as there are no thank you's to the club, the fans, the players, his assistant manager, head coach etc. Will that come at a later stage when he's finally got his head around his resignation???

9Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:30 am

Imp

Did he jump or was he pushed? Maybe it was suggested that if he wanted to continue developing his business at the club and bringing on the youngsters he should concentrate on that voluntarily rather than being sacked? Might explain why his statement is so terse.

10Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:17 am

Chatty

Chatty

Who's the next Manager then........how about Tony Joyce from Leighton Town Reserves.....bounce 

11Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:26 am

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

Oldtimer wrote:To add to what I wrote last night, although he's a decent bloke, in some respects, his statement did disappoint me as there are no thank you's to the club, the fans, the players, his assistant manager, head coach etc. Will that come at a later stage when he's finally got his head around his resignation???
yeah i agree OT

craig has always been appreciative of the fans, and has always given a nod or a quick word to us and the drummer boys when coming off the pitch. (even when he had a go at us on the bus after VCD he still said how much he appreciated us Wink ), so its odd that he didnt say anything at all about thanks to the fans in his statement.

im willing to put that down to a mistake, as opposed to genuinley omitting us. i imagine he had a lot on his mind whilst preparing his statement.

Will afc wrote:Hi Scott , hope your well mate ,

You down on Saturday ?
yes mate all good, definatly hope to be there.

12Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Oldtimer

I don't believe he was pushed to resign I think the commitee might have found that hard to cut ties with him as a manager, if they didn't they would have done it by now. We all knew he had to as he clearly has bitten off more then he can chew with the acedemy but that has to be his main focus as it is his full time day job like the rest of us have.

I heard his partner is expecting their 2nd child so maybe that contributed to his decision to part ways with the first team and devote his time to him family and the Academy.

I am glad Wally and Frazer will be staying, and this Jon bloke is he the one that i saw in the dugout with Craig the other week???

13Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:22 pm

Will afc

I'm just left wondering what sort of responce we will get on sat from players ,

14Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:24 pm

Oldtimer

Now that's the statement I wanted to read! All the best Craig, glad you will be coming to some games:D 

15Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:34 pm

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

Oldtimer wrote:Now that's the statement I wanted to read! All the best Craig, glad you will be coming to some games:D 
definatley, lovely words craig! thanks again!

16Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Will afc

Great humbling words by Craig , really do hope he's there watching afc, glad he apprieceted the atmosphere me and Scott and drummer boys plus few others our trying to create ,
A lot of good stuff happening at afc , you got mike f doing all the twitter and comercial work for afc , jools always does a top notch match report , mr fish and his lovely wife doing tea bar, mr martone puts every effort in to the club ,
Plus many more ,
Just wanna say thanks to all you guys , you voluenters help make afc a special club Smile

17Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Chatty

Chatty

Ditto.....! Smile 

18Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:54 pm

mrfish

Thank you Craig for what you have done for us over the last 3 seasons.It must be hard trying to work on the Academy, which must be the main job and then AFC which is secondary,but sucks up alot of time,and then a second child on the way,you obviously need time with family.looking forward to seeing you around the club as a spectator.

19Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:59 pm

mrfish

Thanks alot Will .You guys have got Macca and Laura running the T Bar on saturday as we have a weekend away

20Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Will afc wrote: jools always does a top notch match report ,
Yeah, good aren't they? Thanks Will, appreciate, pal.

21Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:02 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

and I like the tannoy announcer! king 

22Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:45 am

Mr Ron

Jools state your case for saying club in better position because believe me it's not

23Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:54 am

Imp

Mr Ron wrote:Jools state your case for saying club in better position because believe me it's not
That's worrying from a first time poster. Would you care to elaborate?

24Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:24 pm

I think the club was in a bit of a mess after Steve Smith left. Craig has been playing decent football at times, Fraser and Wally are both good football men. The team isn't looking in relegation danger as it looked during a lot if SS's time here and I think there's something to build on unlike last time when it was a bit of a state.

You're obviously a committee man, player or a coach (or a troll) who knows a lot more than maybe I will stand corrected?

25Craig quits Empty Re: Craig quits Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:28 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Mr Ron please expand on your message, I'd love to hear why you think the club isn't in a better position because it patently is Sleep 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum