Aylesbury Football Club

Aylesbury Football Club

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Royston at home - league

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pris_Ris_Scott

PostSubject: Royston at home - league   25.10.13 20:28

a tough one this saturday

in light of this weeks news about craig AND and the fact that royston are in a very strong postion in league, makes this saturday a very nervy one in my book as a fan.

all i can ask for is that our boys turn up with desire and the fight in them. despite the obvious gap between the top and bottom form in this league, ultimatley there are no games that are an absoloute given.

being optimistic: we can win this if we play well and keep focused the whole game. Royston have conceded in their last 6 games, and they are not trouncing anyone.

being realistic: who knows how it will go. i live in hope.

COME ON YOU MOLES!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TG

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   25.10.13 20:48

Agree Scott, have to turn up tomorrow, anything less will not have a happy ending!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikefarquharson

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   25.10.13 20:55

Just waiting for input from the Management to do a preview but Lamar is out for a couple of weeks which is going to cause problems but on positive news Max is back in the next week/10 days which will strengthen the squad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   25.10.13 21:11

With there hopefully being a bigger crowd tomorrow lets hope that gives our lads an extra incentive,

On our day we can bear any body in this league , great news about max coming Back be good to have natural right Back in squad ,

Is Frederico playing ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imp

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   25.10.13 21:20

A good time to be playing Royston - major selection problems:

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/club-news/saturday-squad-availability-update/

Up to 11 out injured or suspended, and just lost one player to Cambridge City.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pris_Ris_Scott

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   27.10.13 0:30

im going to miss today! im putting the guttering up on my place, a job that i expected to be over earlier today, but now looks like its going to last all the way through to this evening

absoloutly gutted Mad Mad Mad Mad 

looks like its the twitter feed for me, keep the updates coming through thick and fast!

come on you moles!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jools

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   27.10.13 5:21

As soon as you get sight of the goal, then shoot!! Don't take an extra touch, there were three of four chances where FC men should have shot immediately but instead were robbed as they took that extra touch. Exception to this rule was Jamie Rudd who banged them in straight awayand was very unlucky.

My MOM was Alex Kedzierski, it was his 1st full start in an unfamiliar full back role. I thought he did extremely well. Big respect to Craig for taking his place on the bench and almost grabbing a goal with that free kick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TG

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   27.10.13 8:29

67 minutes of good play, one mistake then an implode!! Same as last week!! Never looked like losing last Saturday and we did!! Maybe there is a fundamental problem in the later stages of games!!?? Does highlight the shallow bench again and the lack of quality to change but did see a really young player from Royston so does explain we are not the only team that is thread bare at the minute!! Agree with Alex as MOM although for 67 mins all were good with the exception of 1 lazy S O B
strikers where are you we need you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roystonjez

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   27.10.13 9:09

For 67 minutes it was pretty much an even game that was slightly spoiled by some terrible decisions by the officials to both sides. The first half "non" goal although was definitely OFF SIDE was a calamitous decision by the linesman.

However I just felt our extra quality came through. Craig Hammond is a top quality poacher and that is what he did to excellent effect today.

My personal view of the Moles was of a very promising side that just needs that cutting edge. I was very impressed with your keeper and the young lad at the back who is usually a midfielder.

As mentioned by an earlier poster we are seriously depleted at the moment but the young winger who came on making his debut was fantastic. A very bright future in my eyes.

On another note, how is Steve (Works on the burger counter), I hope he is recovering well.

Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season.

Jez
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TG

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   27.10.13 9:24

Agree with the winger!! Looked bright when he came on! I hear Steve is fine! Some good work by one of your guys I believe!! Good luck to you guys too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macca

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   27.10.13 23:49

Thanks jez I am fine, just feeling a bit daft really, I just like being the centre of attention. Seriously though I'd like to say a big thank you to you and everybody else who helped me out yesterday. Enjoy the rest of your season hopefully without any more off field excitement. Hope to see you at your place and I'll try to remain upright! Steve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Plumb

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 1:32

Jez, Steve is our vice chairman, and was helping out as our Mr. and Mrs Fish our usally caterers were not available.I think you were rather flattering about your sides play in the first half,its the fact we have got the jitters in front of goal even to the extent of missing tap ins.Still once we have a descent striker or two similar to Mr. Hammond, it should take the pressure off the rest of the team. C u at your ground,
Old Plumb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imp

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 4:03

Old Plumb wrote:
Jez, Steve is our vice chairman, and was helping out as our Mr. and Mrs Fish our usally caterers were not available.I think you were rather flattering about your sides play in the first half,its the fact we have got the jitters in front of goal even to the extent of missing tap ins.Still once we have a descent striker or two similar to Mr. Hammond, it should take the pressure off the rest of the team. C u at your ground,
Old Plumb.
Strikers like Craig Hammond don't come cheap though - of course I wouldn't know his wages, but I would wager he picks up around the same as 4 of the AFC players combined!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 6:09

I do wonder how clubs like Royston can pay big wages , do they get big crowds ? I was talking to one chap from Royston yesterday and he was saying there weekly playing budget is around 7 to 8 k a week, I can't imagine afc weekly playing budget being over 1500 a week ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lab

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 6:10

Will afc wrote:
I do wonder how clubs like Royston can pay big wages , do they get big crowds ? I was talking  to one chap from Royston yesterday and he was saying there weekly playing budget is around 7 to 8 k a week, I can't imagine afc  weekly playing budget being over 1500 a week ,
Nope, Royston don't get particularly big crowds. They do have a generous backer though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 6:24

Thanks lab,

I looked at there average crowd of 226 ,
So there a few clubs in our league backed by generous backers ,
Dunstable , rugby , slough , Royston , daventry ,
Not sure what nomads budget is but I'd imagine there is more than ours ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wignut

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 7:29

We have a budget of £1400 per week so not far off, also I know AUFC have a smaller budget than us 80% of there players are on £40/£50 a week. I would imagine our budget will be cut when a new manager comes in now out if both cups. But let's see
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TG

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 7:38

Budget has never been that high!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jools

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 7:39

Wignut wrote:
I would imagine our budget will be cut when a new manager comes in now out if both cups. But let's see
Or until we are mathematically safe from relegation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TG

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 7:46

Think that goes for 80-90 % of teams in non league outside of step 1 and 2 jools!!
Have to say though Barton have had a major cut and have gone top this weekend!! Momentum is a massive thing!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 8:00

We got the players , just crying out for a striker to help us get out of this rut , keep the faith ,,

Would say personally I wish Craig f came on 20 earlier yesterday , I am a fan of pricey , but he's a luxury player not a team player , sometimes frustrates me wAtching him play, personally I think he would give more and be more happier playing on the wing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 8:05

Will afc wrote:
We got the players , just crying out for a striker to help us get out of this rut , keep the faith ,,

Would say personally I wish Craig f came on 20 earlier yesterday , I am a fan of pricey , but he's a luxury player not a team player , sometimes frustrates me wAtching him play, personally I think he would give more and be more happier playing on the wing
agree will..price offers more cutting in.from the wings..need a striker desperately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imp

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 9:49

Lab wrote:
Will afc wrote:
I do wonder how clubs like Royston can pay big wages , do they get big crowds ? I was talking  to one chap from Royston yesterday and he was saying there weekly playing budget is around 7 to 8 k a week, I can't imagine afc  weekly playing budget being over 1500 a week ,
Nope, Royston don't get particularly big crowds. They do have a generous backer though!
s**t or bust merchants. The money can't last forever - it never does!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 22:24

Oh I agree lab, look at st Neots they were paying big wages to players just to get into calor premier, I remember when they were paying a grand a week on Steffen Moore when they played us couple seasons ago, now there struggling in calor premier ,
Money might buy instant success but once it's gone the players will leave to clubs who pay more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikefarquharson

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   28.10.13 23:17

A Big thank you to Will and Nick Mayor for spending time in the town with April and David promoting the club and it was good to see a few NEW faces at the game Saturday and despite the result I think it was, bar the striker issue, an excellent performance and game and hopefully we will see the new faces back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royston at home - league   

Back to top Go down

Royston at home - league
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next