Aylesbury Football Club

Aylesbury Football Club

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chill people

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tomlin

PostSubject: Chill people   26.11.13 22:09

At mo all doesn't seem to be going to plan but don't worry and start chilling all new teams take time and with bit more tweeting all will be rosey there are a few worse teams in that league and still loads of points to be won a mid table finish is probable all going to be good Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Chill people   27.11.13 2:19

Tomlin , all well and good u saying that , but let's face it we our at present getting sucked into relegation battle , yes there maybe a few worse teams in the league than us but if we play them and don't beat them we could be in trouble , I'm sure batemen will sort it soon once he gets a settled squad but I do think the players do need to realise people actually do pay to watch them play home and away and some of the performances lately have not been good enough ,
Maybe players should only be paid if they win that way get more effort out of them ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TG

PostSubject: Re: Chill people   27.11.13 3:57

U r right Tomlin all managers need a settling period where changes are allowed to bed in, heard the team played better last night, just self destructed in last 10! It will change gotta have patience!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Chill people   27.11.13 4:14

TG personally think fans have been patience all season ,
Everybody at Afc from chairmen to directors , to manager and fans all want Afc to be successful and grow , but the homec attendence won't grow whilst team so Jekyll and Hyde and I'm pretty sure sponsors or new funding won't come whilst team losing every week, , I'm sure batemen will turn things round I just wish it would be sooner rather and later ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phil22

PostSubject: Re: Chill people   27.11.13 5:37

I agree with both points, all teams that have changes in management and players do need time to gel. However how long will it start producing points.
I'm affairs to say it, new fans won't start coming if we play well but not get points, if anything will fry stat them more.
Think Xmas is always a busy time of year for football and in my opinion we need to start to get results as I do think we have the players to deliver. I think the hunger is growing, but the cold hard truth is that if we don't get points we could end up being relegated, which I'm sure all parties would be gutted.
I've only started to follow afc this season and the fc vs utd was my first game, and I want to see that confidence back in the side.
I believe we have the right man for the job and let's just hope we get there sooner rather than later.
COME ON YOU MOLES
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Chill people   27.11.13 7:20

All the problems can be traced to last close season. Because of lack of contacts them the team wasn't strengthened . Its shortcomings were quickly found out despite half decent results v Ducks, VCD etc. Perhaps the  whole manager situation should have been resolved after the Shortwood mess but instead it dragged on even longer. Now SB is being asked to perform a whole close season in the space of two weeks and trying to recuit players who are more than happy at their current clubs.

Steve will get it right and although I want it sorting now, I'm afraid I along with everyone else will have to wait. If that takes three weeks or a couple of months then we will have to wait. He is starting right: Burnell is the best striker we have had here since Ricky Miller, Warrington when fit is class. If Sonner signs then again a real quality man for the team.
Back to top Go down
JMTM

PostSubject: Re: Chill people   27.11.13 9:53

Is the burnell deal permanent then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikefarquharson

PostSubject: Re: Chill people   27.11.13 18:08

Not sure if permanent or of the contractual issues at this level but as I understand he is committed for the season. I agree with Jools in that if you look at the team that started the season it was pretty much what we had the season before and that albeit for a good end to the season hadn't really competed at the top end. The players joining were basically players that had been here before and new blood was missing. I don;t know who's fault that was, or even if fault needs to be apportioned BUT we, apart from a few games, have struggled and as Jools said we are now going through that 5-6 week pre season in's and out's in a 10 day period with games still coming thick and fast. It takes time for players to bed in but I for one and impressed with Warrington, Weatherill, Burnell, Baker & Logie especially. The new boss has contacts and seeing the activity on the Friday before the Uxbridge game was a sight to behold! Anyway my message is I think we are in a better position today than we were two weeks ago even if the results don't quite show it yet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Plumb

PostSubject: Re: Chill people   28.11.13 2:17

Nice one Mike and Jools, you have sumed it up just right.Looking forward to breaking our DUCK, if you pardon the expression,on Saturday.Just a tip to the players on Saturday,kick the ball over the F-----G stand if we are leading in the last ten minutes and clear the gas works aswell. C u down there Old Plumb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chill people   

Back to top Go down

Chill people
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1