Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not convicted by changes

+5
Will afc
Jordystallafcdrummer
coach
Phil22
Afc4life
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not convicted by changes Empty Not convicted by changes Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Afc4life

I know a new manager was needed but these new players that have come to the club in my opinion are not better than who was playing before! We haven't kept a clean sheet in god knows how many weeks....why was lee grant let go??? Last two games I've not seen any bite, energy or ability to want to get on the ball and pass, where is Kwasi Frempong??
There can be no excuses for losing any games now! And even if the team wins tomorrow it will be nothing to get excited about considering the opposition we're up against are forever at the bottom end of the league table.

2Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:57 am

Phil22

I disagree I think that the new players have given more options in the squad and seems to have the hunger and confidence that was needed. To be honest before the new players came in they knew they were going to start and I think the work rate has now gone up.
Also when we win today, it will mean something as any team on their day can be a force, but more importantly it should give us more confidence that we can get results.
Come on you Moles we can do it

3Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:18 am

coach

coach

Think all loyal supporters have approved of the changes made and can see we are on the edge of turning that corner.I believe we will today and then start competing with the teams above us.The change in.management is a god send..he is attracting players that Craig couldn't.

4Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:45 am

Jordystallafcdrummer

Afc4life? Are you serious? The players steve has brought in have made a massive change which everyone can see except for you? Most of the players have come from 1 or 2 divisions higher because of the man who is in charge! They are all players who he is able to trust! From the two games I've seen since he has taken over the players he has brought in has brought the better sides out of players like goss, price, Rudd, cutts and farrelly. And with the signing he made on Thursday night of a tall striker who on his own beat us on Monday against Potters bar with two goals must surely be a good signing and benefit Burnell up front! Looking forward to see us challenging the teams higher in the league for the rest of season and I can see why Bateman has set his eyes on reaching the play-offs this season! COYM's!!

5Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:01 am

Will afc

AFC4 life , more like Afc for the weekend lol,
Why start posting that rubbish on our forum at midnight , did u finish your bottle of lambrini and need sone duck courage ? (Excuse the pun) ducks Wink

On a serious note not sure how u can say the signing are no better , Brian haule never had a goal scoring record like burnell , lee grant was good but not as good as Ben or cutts ,
Kwasi in my opinion legs had started to go so I reckon batemen made good decision bringing in logie and batemen,
The squad that is here now is good enough to compete with anyone in the league we just need to win a few games to get confidence and morale , and a win today would be a great start ,

6Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:20 am

Jordystallafcdrummer

Well said will! Wink and I love the pun Wink

7Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:33 am

Phil22

And then it went quiet shhhhhhh

8Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:43 am

Afc4life

Think you've misunderstood what I've said. Didn't say we didn't need a manager or new players, question was are they better than the players that were playing before? Does our defence look stronger without lee grant?? Conceded 5 goals in the last two games doesn't say so to me.
Does our midfield look stronger, more energetic and work harder than it did when Kwasi Frempong was playing?? Haven't seen it to be honest.
We all know we needed a striker and Danny Burnell is proven at this level so can't really complain with that one, but are you telling me that the squad is better without players like Grant and Frempong?? I can't and haven't seen that it is. Yes it's only two or three games under the new manager but the results don't lie and it's not like we've played against the top teams in those games.
Does anyone actually know where Frempong is because there's no news on the website about him and his picture is still in the team section.....very strange considering he's been one of our most consistent players so far this season.
So these players have come from divisions higher, but were they actually playing is the question? And if you look properly, the latest signing didnt score on Monday. Again he's a striker and thats what's needed but apart from a strikers did the team need new central midfielders? Are you telling me that Frempong isn't good enough? About what about young Hogg??
Wil, what game gave you the impression that kwasi's legs had gone? You say the squad is good enough to compete with anyone....why did we not beat Potters bar on Monday or Uxbridge last Saturday? And please don't use the 'players need time to gel excuse' because you've told me that what's there now is better than what was their before but it couldn't beat two poor teams so how is it supposed to compete with the best??

9Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:01 am

Will afc

Afc 4life,

Kwasi away at beaconsfield was bloody awful kept on fouling oppo players as he could not keep up with them , at chalfont he wasn't great, like I said that's my opinion everyone entitled to there own,
Is lee grant as good as cutts or Ben?
Hogg been injured but he's certainly got future at Afc,

I truly do believe once players get to know each other we will be able to compete , we had 6 or7 new players of course it will take time to gel , you can't expect them to know each other inside out,

Afc4 life would u rather Craig in charge then?

10Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:04 am

Phil22

Results don't lie and I agree with that we should of grabbed some points by now. However we have been playing better over the last couple of games and if the new players weren't brought in we could if lost by even more goals as we have been shocking.
Ok so I won't use the word gel, but the team need time to play the way the manager wants and what I have seen its a lot more attacking and I can now see us getting goals and not letting more in, especially with a more confident keeper coming to the ball.
Anyway let's get behind the boys today and hope for a good 3 points

11Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:22 am

Afc4life

Yep, everyone entitled to their opinion, true....but the facts and results don't lie! We haven't won a game since Grant left and Frempong has been one of if not our most consistent player. And if you watch games properly and know football you'll know that centre midfielders have to tackle and win the ball back when it's given away so many times by other players as it was against beaconsfield. I can't remember beaconsfield players running past Frempong, can't remember seeing anyone out run him to be honest in any game this season.
And yes in my opinion Grant is better than Ben and cutts. Better positionally, on the ball, more versatile and quicker.
Again read back to what I said.....never said we didn't need a new manager said I'm not convinced by what I'm seeing from some of these new and so called higher league players. You've come down a league or two so shouldn't your class show straight away? Tell me what you've seen from these players that the players they are playing instead of weren't doing or couldn't do?

12Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:38 am

wellwisher

First time on this forum. I'm a Slough supporter but very interested to see how Steve Bateman,Steve Perkins,Adam Logie,Sam Bateman,James Warrington and Danny Burnell shape up for you.
One thing I would like to say in response to AFC4life,who started this thread,is he needs to give the new players and Aylesbury players time to settle.We've had exactly the same thing at Slough with our newly built team.Took our team a month or so.

On a positive note,the new players are well worth a place in your squad. Steve Bateman also likes his teams to play passing football and I can assure you he has no trouble attracting players of note.

From my perspective,the players he's brought in, that played for Slough are all solid,honest,hardworking players.Danny Burnell is a proven goal poacher but is a terrible moaner but he will bang in the goals,given the service.
James Warrington is a quality signing,one of the best keepers in this division. Adam Logie is a class midfielder but fitness has been an issue for him[due to injuries].When he signed from Wealdstone for Slough,he was a revelation and scored goals from midfield.Has a very potent  shot.The problem is getting SB to allow him to shoot!
Steve Perkins is a knowledgeable player who has played at the top of the non-league game.Age has caught up with him but he can still put in a shift when needs be.Certainly worth having around.Wish we had kept him at Slough.
Sam Bateman was under-used at Slough in my opinion but gained valuable experience in various games and should start coming of age,if his father gives him the opportunity!

I think a blend of your better players ie Ben Stevens,Sonny French,Gareth Price,Tom Cutts etc with Steve's signings will eventually prove to be a successful one but time is needed to for this to happen.  You may have to take a few steps back in order to go forward.Being in the relegation zone is not an ideal starting point and points will need to be ground out before the purist football can take hold but I think Moles fans can look forward to some exciting matches ahead, if they are patient.

13Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:58 am

Jordystallafcdrummer

We hardly won many games when they were both here anyway! So it doesn't make a massive difference, I disagree with kwasi being one of the most consistent in the team, I would say that he has been quality in some games but out shown by the opposing team in games like beaconsfield and chalfont. Grant s no where as good as cutts or Stevens, this two have been the best two players this season with Ollie Hogg a close third, committed constantly to the team and always want to put the best performance in for the team! We'll first of all I've seen goss and Burnell score which seemed to be heavily relied on price and Stevens this season with them being our top two goal scorers! Ive seen that logie and Bateman are a lot more relaxed on the ball than qwasi and the passing is too a much higher standard. The new left back(unsure of name) had a very solid game against uxbridge where he defended well, and gave a lot of width, he was also another player very calm on the ball. The keeper that played against uxbridge made some outstanding saves coming from another keeper, and the keepers we have had his season all were outshown on that one performance and he is our second choice keeper! That is what I have seen, thank you

14Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:12 pm

Whole culture of the Fc team has to change, if we carried in, we will be Spartan league, maybe not this year but certainly within 2-3 years.

Good luck today Moles, play up FC!!

15Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Afc4life

Who writes the match reports and gives man of the match vote? If you go by that well trusted and valuable source then wouldn't be lying if I said Frempong has been one of the most consistent would I as he's won man of he match 5 or 6 times this season.

Don't know what games some people have been watching???
Anyway, good luck to the team!

16Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Rosanna07

Just for everyone's information, Lee Grant was not let go, he decided to leave for personal reasons.

17Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:20 pm

wellwisher

On your website it says you've now signed Simon Sweeney,if that is the case and you can get him match fit,you have one of the best defenders in the Central Division.
Don't think he's been playing football for awhile,so likely to be rusty.When he was at Slough he was class and was as good a centre half as he was in his natural position as a right back.Can play anywhere across back line and was always the first name on the team sheet.

A great signing for the Moles,if he is still the player he was at Slough.

18Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Will afc

Thanks for that well wisher let's hope we can get him fit then Smile

19Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:03 pm

Afc4life wrote:Who writes the match reports and gives man of the match vote?
There's a small team of us (me, MF, April and Kurt) who write the reports but most are done by me. MoM are done by Mike Farquharson and I. I think they are mostly fair but they're only opinions and not of course gospel. Come and say hi to me and MF towards the end of a game and your opinion will be very welcome.

Cheers

20Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:55 pm

JMTM

To be fair I think the OP was saying that the MOTMs given in the match reports were already backing up what he was saying about kwasi. But your point about them being opinion is key.. Because that's exactly why we have about 30 comments between individuals saying two different things about the same bloke. It's just each's subjective opinion, would be nice if more often than not what is said on a forum would be taken as such rather than as though someone is telling someone else they're wrong. Kwasi this kwasi that.. Behind the team and it's changes - whether they're improvements or not

21Not convicted by changes Empty Re: Not convicted by changes Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:41 am

DB

DB

Afc4life wrote:
Does anyone actually know where Frempong is because there's no news on the website about him and his picture is still in the team section....
He was at NGU yesterday chatting to the subs

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum