Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Challenge Trophy Round 2: Aylesbury 3 - 0 Ampthill Town

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

VkmSpouge

Well the result indicates a better performance than against St Margaretsbury (though I kind of wish the two results had been reversed). I didn't go to the game, so can anyone tell us what happened?

1 Timberlake
2 Attiba Davies
3 Mealor
4 Saulsbury
5 Goldney
6 Butler
7 Bailey Goss
8 Smyth
9 Graham
10 O'Farrell
11 Schmidt
12 Williams
14 Ridley
15 Price
16 Henney

As you can see from the line up only a sprinkling of first team players , but they were good enough to see off this Amphill team. a light drizzle had fallen over the ground & made the surface greasy,AFC were always in control, the best of the fi...rst half saw O'Farrell hitting the woodwork & Schmidt makin a few runs . but it wasnt until the 52nd minute that the deadlock was broken when Schmidt struck one from 30 yrds ( almost the same as the one conceded on saturday)Price came on for the injured Goldney ,Mealor made it 2 on 70 mins & then Price made it 3 on 82 with his run from halfway leaving the left back & the centre back sat on the floor as he fired home from 15

4Challenge Trophy Round 2: Aylesbury 3 - 0  Ampthill Town Empty re.Aylesbury v Ampthill Town Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:48 pm

lord lucan

lord lucan

Well done to very one who made it to tuesday nights game.The weather was nasty
and im sure all the player's were grateful for your support.Bring on saturday and
a big turnout[COME ON YOU REDS].
lORD lUCAN Laughing

On a damp tuesday night when theres footy on sky, not to mention the fact that it was a mickey mouse cup & was obvious that most of the first team was gonna sit this out,a crowd of 80s great Very Happy Very Happy

VkmSpouge

I agree 80 people for a relatively unimportant cup match against a small side on a nasty midweek night is actually pretty good. I would expect one or two more on Saturday whatever the weather Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum