Aylesbury Football Club

Aylesbury Football Club

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pris_Ris_Scott

PostSubject: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   25.01.14 1:41

(ever the optomist im going to start a thread for tomorrows game even if there's no guarantee of if being on)

so...

Northwood, are right up with that the top cluster of teams in the league, but i think their position maybe deceiving as they've played a couple more games than most (5 more than daventry who are on the same points!).

their low goal difference shows that despite their position they leak goals as well as score them.

however, northwood are a good team and have been lucky enough to be playing fairly regulalry over this rainy period (hence the games in hand), chalking up a couple of wins over uxbridge and chertsey. i have faith that Steve Bateman has been doing his all to keep our boys match fit and mentally prepared, lets hope its been enough. the last thing we want is a rusty team giving northwood an early advantage.

also, im excited to see what kind of impact Jerome Anderson will make to the team.

COME ON YOU MOLES!!!!  cheers

Last edited by Wendover_Scott on 25.01.14 21:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikefarquharson

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   25.01.14 2:16

and it should see the return of Jerome Federico let's hope Connor is ready and has been briefed that guy is QUICK!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chatty

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   25.01.14 3:54

Would love to see him wearing our shirt again....!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phil22

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   25.01.14 5:01

Sure the guys will be ready to go and start the game tomorrow like we finished the last
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pris_Ris_Scott

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   25.01.14 21:27

I can't believe it.... Game is postponed.  Evil or Very Mad 

See you all Tuesday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   26.01.14 6:46

This is going to wallop not just us but all of non-league clubs, the apathy towards whether games are on or off, the hit on wallets as there will be a game after yet another game throughout March/April and the farce of a rushed season on team's form and /or injuries has just made this a season to forget.

It wouldn't bother me if they just abandoned the season and we could start again August.
Back to top Go down
mrfish

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   26.01.14 23:34

Agree with you Jools,but just think back to the start of the season.We were only playing on saturdays, all them wasted nice warm tuesday evenings
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   27.01.14 6:14

Get rid of the Red Insure Cup, have the County Cup as a preseason weekend tournament at Adams Park or Stadoum MK, two week break Jan 10 - 24.

I know lots of people work hard to get games on and I would never knock them, I'm just so frustrated
Back to top Go down
Chatty

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   27.01.14 7:18

Get rid of the b&B cup, that's nearly as predictable as the Scottish premier league
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   28.01.14 2:08

I know what your saying chatty and jools, the weather certainly not letting up, doing my head in not having football on a Saturday or Tuesday ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikefarquharson

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   28.01.14 2:33

went to Dunstable game on Sat, met Mr and Mrs Fish and then witnessed THE APOCOLYPSE. Never seen rain and wind come down so quickly and violently, Thunder/Lightening/Hail all being blown by a 40mph wind Horizontally. I was at the back of the stand, and I mean rigth at the back and got SOAKED!!! LOL it was amusing though!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   28.01.14 3:03

FFS it's raining again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pris_Ris_Scott

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   28.01.14 3:25

mikefarquharson wrote:
went to Dunstable game on Sat, met Mr and Mrs Fish and then witnessed THE APOCOLYPSE. Never seen rain and wind come down so quickly and violently, Thunder/Lightening/Hail all being blown by a 40mph wind Horizontally. I was at the back of the stand, and I mean rigth at the back and got SOAKED!!! LOL it was amusing though!!!

i can believe you mike, especially as the uxbridge game was called off on the hour mark as the rain was so bad.

i've constantly got one eye on the skies and one eye on the met office page, just hoping and praying tomorrow will be on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrfish

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   28.01.14 6:23

Would like the game to be on ,but just cant see it happening
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!   

Back to top Go down

Northwood - GAME IS OFF!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1