Aylesbury Football Club

Aylesbury Football Club

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Slough away - thoughts and observations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Slough away - thoughts and observations   05.02.14 9:49

Can't really complain at the result, there weren't enough ideas but considering it was so long that we played I dont think we looked that rusty. We had a few oportunities from set peices but we allowed them to push up, especially in the 2nd half, and there was just too much pitch for us to cover when the ball did break for us.

Terrible conditions even for the fans but all should be pleased this first game against decent oppo is out of the way so we can finally get into the season again
Back to top Go down
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Slough away - thoughts and observations   05.02.14 9:59

To be honest I was impressed with how well we did we had 2 new starters in the squad and not played in around 8 weeks , personally thought we done ok, the conditions were awful especially 2nd half ,

Onwards and upwards ,
Come on you moles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pris_Ris_Scott

PostSubject: Re: Slough away - thoughts and observations   05.02.14 21:36

Jools Thomas wrote:
Can't really complain at the result, there weren't enough ideas but considering it was so long that we played I dont think we looked that rusty. We had a few oportunities from set peices but we allowed them to push up, especially in the 2nd half, and there was just too much pitch for us to cover when the ball did break for us.

Terrible conditions even for the fans but all should be pleased this first game against decent oppo is out of the way so we can finally get into the season again

i also think it was ultimately a fair result. i dont think we were bad as such, there were lots of positives. at half time i was confident we could equalise and then turn it into a different game. so my only complaint would be we seemed to turn off the effort in the last third of the game. it felt like the team saw it as a foregone conclusion once we let the second in.

jerome is an exciting propect, very fast

james weatherhill had a dodgy one, needs to work on his clearing/goal kicks, but the conditions were terrible especially the second half, and we have seen that james is a good keeper. im confident that he will be back on form asap.

roll on the next few home games, becuase despite the result last night, i definalty see us gaining some points over the next month. hopefully the chertsey game is on, as that surely is our best chance of 3 points
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wellwisher

PostSubject: Re: Slough away - thoughts and observations   06.02.14 9:06

Will afc wrote:
To be honest I was impressed with how well we did we had 2 new starters in the squad and not played in around 8 weeks , personally thought we done ok, the conditions were awful especially 2nd half ,

Onwards and upwards ,
Come on you moles

From a Slough supporter angle,I thought my favoured team were clearly the better side on the night.Must say I was expecting more from Aylesbury,given the ex-manager and ex players. The weather was awful especially in the second half.
IMO Sam Bateman,Bradley Watkins,Lamar Simpson and Adam Logie were your best players on the night.

I'm glad Simon Sweeney,Ollie Burgess and Stuart Swift were absent ! To be honest, Aylesbury lacked a cutting edge up front  but understandable being that it was Sean Sonner and Jerome Anderson's first game for you.
In good conditions,both will come good.

Think when all your squad are available,you're going to be a formidable,attack minded bunch,so I will look forward to the away match with The Moles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slough away - thoughts and observations   

Back to top Go down

Slough away - thoughts and observations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1