Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

drummer boys young break-though player of the year

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lord lucan

lord lucan

Friends,Romans,Countrymen, please remove the daggers from my back.As it's May not March and i feel i need to explain the why's and
wherefores of the new trophy,and in doing so ruin my bloody speech on presentation night.the purpose behind the award is to encourage young players from the Aylesbury Academy and youth squad to get into the first team and become a first team player on a regular basis.Not a one time charlie at the end of the season,when players get tired or injured.If that was the case it would be called the
debut award.Trophies should be won on hard work and merit,to many are given out needlessly.I want this award to mean something and
a legacy for the future.SO the criteria for this award is as follows.
The player must be between the age of 16yrs-21yrs.
The player Must be a product of the Academy/Youth squad.
The player Must have played a minimum of 20+ games in a season.
This season there is one out right winner,who ticks all the boxes and will be announced on the night by one of the drummer boy's.I hope
there will be a vote next season with a choice of two or three young player's that have made the grade.The chances are there will looking
at the lads that have made there debuts at the end of this season.IF they continue to progress and stay with the club the future looks
bright.
I HOPE THIS HAS MADE THINGS CLEARER.One only has to ask me,i don't bite and only have the clubs best interest at heart.
p.s Im still £25 pounds out of pocket so if any would like to donate somthing towards the award you know where to find me.
Chris Thorn [Lord Lucan]

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

oh yeah, i still owe my £5 for this.

i'm happy to transfer it to you if you want (can do bank details by email) or cash on presentation night maybe?

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Chris If I haven't already I'll give you cash at Presentation Evening - Looking forward to it!

lord lucan

lord lucan

Gentlemen that will be very nice,you can pay me on the night.As you may be aware it wasn't just about the money.I don't like people going behind my back and playing secret squirel and talking about me,not to me.
thanks.

coach

coach

Think its a great idea to.have the award but the criteria mentioned only leaves one player I believe..correct me if I am wrong. wonder if it would be better to scale down..Best young player should be the best whether u have been.fed through academy or a transfer..its like giving the golden glove award when u only have one gk ..just wonder how the player would feel getting his award when only one entered..

lord lucan

lord lucan

Coach the whole idea is to promote from within,for far to long the club has been slagged off for not having enough players from
the aylesbury area and set-up.What better way than to encourage them with an award for there efforts.Just give it a chance,after all its
new.This could lead to bigger and better things for the club.

coach

coach

Yes can see what's its all about just think the criteria could be expanded a little unless u are voting loosely around them..
Is there already a youth award or is this the only one.

lord lucan

lord lucan

coach there hasnt been a youth award,hence this is new.run with it,it will grow bigger and better.

coach

coach

That's good then Lucan ..youth to be credited for their contribution .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum