Aylesbury Football Club

Aylesbury Football Club

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Only cause for concern

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Will afc

PostSubject: Only cause for concern    21.09.14 19:58

Is that we are creating so many chances but we don't seem to be putting chances away , apart from Leighton match we haven't really taken another team apart with chances we are creating , it's clear that we do need a striker to put the chances away, I'm hoping mr batemen looking around for a fox in the box kind of striker ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wellwisher

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    22.09.14 9:00

Will afc wrote:
Is that we are creating so many chances but we don't seem to be putting chances away , apart from Leighton match we haven't really taken another team apart with chances we are creating , it's clear that we do need a striker to put the chances away, I'm hoping mr batemen looking around for a fox in the box kind of striker ,

You did have one in Danny Burnell. What's happening with him? Is he injured?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikefarquharson

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    22.09.14 16:37

I believe he is on loan at Flackwell Heath getting some game time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    22.09.14 23:33

While we are creating plenty of chances I'm not concerned, someones bound to score one or two, glad to hear that about Burnell, I know a few of us have given up on him but I havn't yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Plumb

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    22.09.14 23:45

I agree D.B., he is an experienced striker with a lot to offer, his knack of scoring will return in time,glad he is still available and keeping match fit. O P.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    23.09.14 5:48

Will afc wrote:
told you that pre season we needed a striker
.your answer was ..We don't..
Most teams are always after a striker..hardest position to fill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wellwisher

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    23.09.14 6:25

coach wrote:
Will afc wrote:
told you that pre season we needed a striker
.your answer was ..We don't..
Most teams are always after a striker..hardest position to fill.

Well you're not doing bad without one!!

Steve Bateman will get Danny Burnell firing them in,if Danny gets a run of games.He's been in and out of different sides of late[Hungerford,Burnham and your team],which I think has affected his natural game of late but he was Mr Consistent at Slough and Chesham and knows where the net is.He is a goal poacher and I think he will come good for you.I think you should be counting your blessings with the options you've got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    23.09.14 6:48

If we are to be genuine play off contenders then in my opinion all play off teams need a striker to get 20 plus goals a season , from what seen of burnell this season he's got bad attitude on the pitch and been a yard off the pace of the games he's played in, I hope he does come back fitter and stronger and brings goals with him,

When he's in the bar before and after matches he's a nice fella though ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wellwisher

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    23.09.14 7:42

Will afc wrote:
If we are to be genuine play off contenders then in my opinion all play off teams need a striker to get 20 plus goals a season , from what seen of burnell this season he's got bad attitude on the pitch and been a yard off the pace of the games he's played in, I hope he does come back fitter and stronger and brings goals with him,

When he's in the bar before and after matches he's a nice fella though ,

Danny is a constant moaner and does go on at refs for any slightest thing.He is infuriating in this regard, as there is no need for it and he would be a better player if he didn't, but I can't see him changing anytime soon.

Funny you mentioned him being a yard off the pace,as we had him on loan for a month at Slough last season under Neil Baker and Jon Underwood's management and Danny struggled to fit in with the pace of our team then.Don't know if he's been struggling with injuries but if he is to get back to the regular goalscorer he once was,then I think Steve Bateman's the right man to get it to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    23.09.14 8:57

Will afc wrote:
If we are to be genuine play off contenders

We are in 4th and in the play off places with nearly 25% of the games gone, we have only played 2 of the bottom 8, but have played 7 out of the top 9. When we got our fingers out against the team nailed on by many to p**s this league in the cup game we gave them a real scare. When or what will it take for you to consider us genuine play off contenders Will ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    23.09.14 17:43

Only based on my opinion DB ,

Take out the mauling of Leighton result and our goal difference would be one of the worst in top 10,
Imagine where we could finish up if we had a striker who could bang in 20 plus goals , look at the goal scoring charts and even have a Aylesbury fc player mentioned,
I agree we are doing fantastically well this season in the league and as u mentioned we have got bottom half sides to play yet, but I'd hate us to miss out on play offs at end of season because of goal difference !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    23.09.14 18:34

For me I think as a team we are playing extremely well and look a hard side to beat.We have 2 players on 4 goals each and one of them is sonny..rest on 2 or 3..that shows as a team they are all chipping in.If we can get another striker in who can bang the goals in that would turn those narrow wins into comprehensive wins all the better.My comparison would be chelsea last season and now.Good side last year,hard to beat but needed a bit more upfront.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    23.09.14 21:17

Logie, Stevens, Weathers and Wadkins have only played half the games, Price is not at his best, Burnell can't get in the team, R Baker has only had 15 mins or so coming on into a ten man team and weve yet to see Lataille. Our rivals this season are Kettering and Royston, a refreshing change from NGU! My biggest concern would be losing players to higher clubs. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    23.09.14 22:58

Bloody hope that don't happen DB the squad we have got needs to be kept together Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    24.09.14 3:22

DB wrote:
Logie, Stevens, Weathers and Wadkins have only played half the games, Price is not at his best, Burnell can't get in the team, R Baker has only had 15 mins or so coming on into a ten man team and weve yet to see Lataille. Our rivals this season are Kettering and Royston, a refreshing change from NGU! My biggest concern would be losing players to higher clubs. cheers
Pricey won't get the goals at the moment as he playing in a different role but is still creating.The players coming in won't make too much difference to our goals tally but what they will do is maintain our strength in midfield and defence.
Do believe a striker will come in if available and maybe the club might take a gamble in January if we are still in a good position and need a bit more to get promotion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    24.09.14 8:27

"Pricey won't get the goals at the moment as he playing in a different role but is still creating."
Just as well, his shooting is bloody awful Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only cause for concern    

Back to top Go down

Only cause for concern
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aylesbury Football Club :: Aylesbury F. C.-
Jump to: