Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Northwood away

+5
Pris_Ris_Scott
mrfish
mikefarquharson
Steve Bateman
DB
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Northwood away Empty Northwood away Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:02 pm

DB

DB

A point tomorrow or a result in our favour and we go from play off hopefuls to play off semi finalists at last, lose big and perhaps Jools can work the graveyard into his match report Laughing
As much as it would be nice to see an entertaining game, I'd be content with crap again if we can get a point.  
Looking at the Woods team I see Omar Vassell defender/striker, I'm sure he was on our books for several months and played at least 20 mins of a pre season friendly as a winger for Mark, I think he did much the same with Steve at STFC, lets hope he doesn't score the winner (unless it's through his own net) cheers

2Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:31 pm

limprib81

limprib81

Good performance from the lads, looking at the other results its certainly a point gained instead of two lost.

3Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Will afc

Looks like a good solid point today . We have qualified for play offs so fantastic achievement lads , now let's get your shooting boots back on and we could win the play offs

Proud mole tonight

Big thanks to Danny Martone and the management of Steve batemen and Frazier and of course the players

4Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:50 pm

mrfish

Well done to the entire team and mgmnt for getting into the p/os .We played loads better this week as opposed to sycob game,how many times did we hit the woodwork? Very Happy

5Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Absolutely made up to be in the play offs, a fitting finale to a fantastic seasion. Well done SB, well done Aylesbury FC, well done all the supporters.

Lots of chances today and with a bit of luck could have grabbed a winner. Jeanmal my MOM, a fantasitc game

6Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:35 pm

DB

DB

I think you fellas are hamming it up a bit, we got a point against an average Woods team playing for nothing ! We were always going to be in the play offs but congratulations to all involved regardless cheers

7Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:37 pm

DB wrote:I think you fellas are hamming it up a bit

Just looking at the bigger picture

8Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:54 pm

DB

DB

Bigger picture for me was winning to get 2nd, holding 2nd next week and getting two games at home for the revenue and the convenience. But we're not hard up for cash and I guess I can travel so perhaps it doesn't really matter.

9Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Will afc

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

10Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Will afc

Just got to keep positive for us to be in play offs is a great achievement

11Northwood away Empty A Fantastic Achievement Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:19 pm

Steve Bateman

I have read some of the observations on here and of course everyone is fully entitled to their views and thoughts about recent results and performances.....As far as I am concerned reaching the Play Offs with one game still to go is a fantastic achievement and we still have a chance of finishing as runners up to a deserving winners in Kettering FC.
Yes expectations have risen during this season, mine included after the purple patch we enjoyed at the turn of the year but I know more than most how hard it can be to get over that line in the first instance and I'm immensely proud of the players, staff,officials and supporters of the club that we have achieved that.
This league has proven to be tough to get out of in recent times and we have earned the right to have a crack at doing so this year when many outside of the club would have laughed at the prospect in August of us being contenders throughout.

Within the dressing room we have always believed we would have the sustainability over the course of the season and I am now asking our supporters to get behind us yet again as you have all season and help us to go that extra bit and make an excellent season and outstanding one.

Steve

12Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:37 pm

Will afc

Well said Steve , lovely words , don't worry the fans will be behind the team no questions asked . We might not all agree with things but that's football for you all based on opinions .

Bring on hanwell now I say and get 3 points

13Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:48 pm

I remember coming back from that crappy last game of the season at St Ives last year and SB cam to sit with the supporters for a chat on the coach home. SB told us the plan was to go for the play offs but I just thought it was just a bit of fluff telling us what we wanted to hear. Twelve months later and he's true to his word.

14Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:48 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

This season has been fantastic! at the start of the year we targeted a play off place & now one game to go & we are there.... thanks to the management of Steve, Fraser, Liz, the players and of course the big man without whom none of this would have been possible!!!

There have been up and downs BUT we are there. We bat well above our average in the whole scheme of things & thanks for that go to Steve Mac and the guys from M&W, all at SRD Engineering and all of our other sponsors who support us fantastically!

Now lets make dreams a reality! A win next weekend will mean at least third and a home tie in the semi BUT whatever happens let's stick together. This is a community club and I for one cant wait for presentation evening on the 9th May when I think we will have a lot to celebrate. king

15Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Will afc

I remember Steve saying that on coach as well jools last season . Fair play to the gaffer true to his word

16Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:06 pm

DB

DB

I'm honestly very sorry if I've p*ssed on  peoples  bonfires today, that was never my intention. Embarassed

17Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:17 pm

Will afc

Lol don't worry , let's just all get down Afc next sat and cheer the lads onto victory . And see what position we end up Smile #moles

18Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:15 am

mrfish

Sorry if i upset people over my musing on here about sycob game and hitting woodwork,its just my observations. I thought we did play lots better than that game, and hitting woodwork, It showed we were getting into positions to strike to try to win the game.No critism intended and again well done to all involved Smile

19Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:57 am

coach

coach

Steve dud what he said he would so hats off to him to get the side into the playoffs. .worries thing for me that we are not in the best form when really we have been the 2nd best side in the league but now go into next week's match having not scored from open play in 4 matches and only 1 from open play from 5 .hope we find our scoring boots boots next week.

20Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:08 am

Will afc

Form counts for nothing in pls offs . Coach if u was at yesterday match you would of seen the lads were trying to score yesterday . Getting into great positions and hitting wood work several times and northwood keeper pulled off 2 or 3 good saves .
The goals will come hopefully at home this Saturday against hanwell who now got nothing to play for

21Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:20 am

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

Congratulations, Mr Bateman, all the team, the board and everyone who gives their time to the club. An amazing amazing effort. So pleased, and proud.

COME ON YOU MOLES! cheers

22Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:22 am

coach

coach

Agree playoffs are one off games and anything can happen but it's nice to be in form and not out when you are approaching the climax of the season..generally it's the form teams that win as they are the ones that have burst in last minute as they are in good form.
Fingers crossed we murder hanwell next week...

23Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:29 am

Will afc

Let's hope so ,
Look at slough last season went into play offs on back of 3 defeats and a draw and they beat Kettering at Kettering
Anything can happen

24Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:22 am

limprib81

limprib81

DB wrote:I'm honestly very sorry if I've p*ssed on  peoples  bonfires today, that was never my intention. Embarassed

Wouldn't ever feel the need to apologise for passion, football is all about opinions and we all have one!

Looking at the bigger picture, the future is bright for us, regardless if we gain promotion or not.

Congratulations to Steve and the squad, since I have been coming down I have been impressed with the quality of football we have played.

25Northwood away Empty Re: Northwood away Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:51 pm

DB

DB

Thanks fellas, I just thought we should have won the game and if I snapped at anybody it's because I don't like poor excuses. As sure as night follows day goals follow goal droughts cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum