Aylesbury Football Club

Aylesbury Football Club

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

On reflection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phil22

PostSubject: On reflection   29.04.15 8:06

Well not the result that we all wanted, just seemed to be missing that final ball.

However, been a up and down season for the team and support, but it's what's brought us close as a club.

Been some outstanding games but times where I have closed my eyes hoping for the best.

On the whole well done to Bateman and the team, and we will build for next season to be even better.

COYM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jools

PostSubject: Re: On reflection   29.04.15 8:57

Phil22 wrote:
Well not the result that we all wanted, just seemed to be missing that final ball.

I think we have been running on empty for a few weeks now and we finally ran of steam tonight.

Otherwise it's been an outstanding season. The games in autumn with the 8-1s were some of the best football I have seen from a non-league team either down here or back home up North. Been fascinating and hugely enjoyable. Thank you SB and the team.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikefarquharson

PostSubject: Re: On reflection   29.04.15 16:21

Whilst everyone was disappointed last night, if you think back to the start of the year and where we had come from and what the club said it was aiming for, ie a play off place, what a great season it's been. As Jools said the two 8-1's, free scoring fluid football it's been a really great year.

Off the field there's also a lot of progression and a lot of plans for the club and it's infrastructure which hopefully will mean when everyone comes back there will be noticeable changes.

I was a bit sad last night BUT this morning, albeit we would have played the final at Home to Barton potentially, I'm looking forward to new challenges ahead and the pre season games. Roll on next season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
limprib81

PostSubject: Re: On reflection   29.04.15 17:32

Really enjoyed everything about what I have witnessed this season. I am not sure if I am more disappointed that we lost or the fact we now have to wait months to watch football again!

Thank you everyone that has made me feel welcome this season, the FC team is more than the 11 Steve fields week in week out. We are growing in numbers and will
continue to grow. I just hope we can keep the majority of this squad together and make two or three extra quality additions and really kick on and achieve promotion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

PostSubject: Re: On reflection   30.04.15 4:29

Even though we lost I enjoyed the night...Certainly lost our way recently and guess the small squad ran out of steam.Fingers crossed that Steve stays and finishes what great work he has done so far.
Could not believe how Bedford behaved again.Was an improvement on their last visit but still behave disgusting. .1st half they was good and focused on the job..soon as they scored they changed into that horrible bunch that surrounded the ref on every incident.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrfish

PostSubject: Re: On reflection   01.05.15 6:08

scratch What game were you at then coach,we were playing BEDWORTH at Haywood way:cheers:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB

PostSubject: Re: On reflection   02.05.15 8:23

We've  had a cracking season, better than most could have hoped for, I've loved it.
We topped the league for two or three weeks and made the play offs, unfortunately beaten by the better team on the night in the semi.
Hopefully Steve will stay on and try again cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On reflection   

Back to top Go down

On reflection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1