Aylesbury Football Club

Aylesbury Football Club

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Missing from squad

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Will afc

PostSubject: Missing from squad    28.07.15 7:40

with the season fast approaching what do people think missing from the squad for a long hard campaign .

I think it's pretty obvious a striker who's going to grab 15 to 25 goals a season is missing and it was clearly missing last season ,
With brad gone I think it's paramount another striker brought in.

I would like to see a new centre back brought In as Certain centre back can be a liability at times as proved last season .

Not sure if we will be challenging next season I'll reserve judgement till seen a few league matches

I'm sure batemen looking around and I have complete faith in him that he will do what's correct for us
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Missing from squad    28.07.15 7:44

Brad and Sonny chipped in with how many goals last season? Those goals will have to come from elsewhere this season, question is from whom?
Back to top Go down
DB

PostSubject: Re: Missing from squad    28.07.15 10:24

I think it was 31 goals for Brad+Sonny, Lynton 7, Gareth 7, I think it's fair to say that those two didn't have a great season last time, they could both possibly add 10 more each this year. Maybe Jamie Rudd will step up to the plate, he looks like he wants it a bit more this season.
"I think it's pretty obvious a striker who's going to grab 15 to 25 goals a season is missing" Laughing Brian scored 19 Shocked

"as Certain centre back can be a liability" I think that's harsh, are you judging a player on one or two games or the season. An additional CB would be good though, in the style of Matty H or Perks.
With the new recruits so far I'm feeling a little underwhelmed, but there is still 10+ days to go plenty of time.
Getting suckered into thinking we are s#it in p/s is very very easy to do, I do it almost every season Laughing

Last edited by DB on 28.07.15 11:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the JR bit.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrfish

PostSubject: Re: Missing from squad    28.07.15 14:35

I notice we have not seen Conor Baker either
Back to top Go down
View user profile
limprib81

PostSubject: Re: Missing from squad    28.07.15 17:22

Conor is away touring the world till Nov, I believe.

25-30 Goal a season striker would be very nice, problem is there aren't too many out there. I am sure Steve is working his magic to make it happen tho. As the banner says, 'In Bateman we Trust'. Ken has looked good in pre season, and I can certainly see Lynton smashing more than 7 goals this season.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc

PostSubject: Re: Missing from squad    28.07.15 19:14

And how many of those were pens ?? I recall at least 6 or 7.

the firm test will be when we start playing sides in the league . Some teams have done some smashing business this summer and my dark horses for a top 5 finish is st Ives
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pris_Ris_Scott

PostSubject: Re: Missing from squad    28.07.15 19:31

limprib81 wrote:
25-30 Goal a season striker would be very nice, problem is there aren't too many out there. I am sure Steve is working his magic to make it happen tho. As the banner says, 'In Bateman we Trust'.....

i think that's exactly what is on Steve's/the board's mind. I know earlier this summer we made a move for Martin Griggs who is at Risborough Rangers, he is absolutely on fire for them with 35 goals last season. however despite the league step up and the terms offered he turned it down out of loyalty to risborough so fair play to him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB

PostSubject: Re: Missing from squad    29.07.15 2:03

"And how many of those were pens ?? I recall at least 6 or 7."

Yeah you're probably right Will, he took a good penalty last year  Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing from squad    

Back to top Go down

Missing from squad