Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Missing from squad

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Missing from squad  Empty Missing from squad Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Will afc

with the season fast approaching what do people think missing from the squad for a long hard campaign .

I think it's pretty obvious a striker who's going to grab 15 to 25 goals a season is missing and it was clearly missing last season ,
With brad gone I think it's paramount another striker brought in.

I would like to see a new centre back brought In as Certain centre back can be a liability at times as proved last season .

Not sure if we will be challenging next season I'll reserve judgement till seen a few league matches

I'm sure batemen looking around and I have complete faith in him that he will do what's correct for us

2Missing from squad  Empty Re: Missing from squad Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:44 pm

Brad and Sonny chipped in with how many goals last season? Those goals will have to come from elsewhere this season, question is from whom?

3Missing from squad  Empty Re: Missing from squad Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:24 am

DB

DB

I think it was 31 goals for Brad+Sonny, Lynton 7, Gareth 7, I think it's fair to say that those two didn't have a great season last time, they could both possibly add 10 more each this year. Maybe Jamie Rudd will step up to the plate, he looks like he wants it a bit more this season.
"I think it's pretty obvious a striker who's going to grab 15 to 25 goals a season is missing" Laughing Brian scored 19 Shocked

"as Certain centre back can be a liability" I think that's harsh, are you judging a player on one or two games or the season. An additional CB would be good though, in the style of Matty H or Perks.
With the new recruits so far I'm feeling a little underwhelmed, but there is still 10+ days to go plenty of time.
Getting suckered into thinking we are s#it in p/s is very very easy to do, I do it almost every season Laughing

Last edited by DB on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the JR bit.)

4Missing from squad  Empty Re: Missing from squad Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:35 am

mrfish

I notice we have not seen Conor Baker either

5Missing from squad  Empty Re: Missing from squad Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:22 am

limprib81

limprib81

Conor is away touring the world till Nov, I believe.

25-30 Goal a season striker would be very nice, problem is there aren't too many out there. I am sure Steve is working his magic to make it happen tho. As the banner says, 'In Bateman we Trust'. Ken has looked good in pre season, and I can certainly see Lynton smashing more than 7 goals this season.

6Missing from squad  Empty Re: Missing from squad Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:14 am

Will afc

And how many of those were pens ?? I recall at least 6 or 7.

the firm test will be when we start playing sides in the league . Some teams have done some smashing business this summer and my dark horses for a top 5 finish is st Ives

7Missing from squad  Empty Re: Missing from squad Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:31 am

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

limprib81 wrote:25-30 Goal a season striker would be very nice, problem is there aren't too many out there. I am sure Steve is working his magic to make it happen tho. As the banner says, 'In Bateman we Trust'.....

i think that's exactly what is on Steve's/the board's mind. I know earlier this summer we made a move for Martin Griggs who is at Risborough Rangers, he is absolutely on fire for them with 35 goals last season. however despite the league step up and the terms offered he turned it down out of loyalty to risborough so fair play to him.

8Missing from squad  Empty Re: Missing from squad Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:03 pm

DB

DB

"And how many of those were pens ?? I recall at least 6 or 7."

Yeah you're probably right Will, he took a good penalty last year  Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum