Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren and his team

+4
Old Plumb
Pris_Ris_Scott
coach
mrfish
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Darren and his team Empty Darren and his team Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:19 pm

mrfish

Been down the club this afternoon and had a look at the pitch. I thought it is the best i have seen it . Well done to DB and all who have helped get it into that condition cheers

2Darren and his team Empty Re: Darren and his team Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:33 pm

coach

coach

Well done dB and his gang..looking forward to the 1st match.

3Darren and his team Empty Re: Darren and his team Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:28 am

DB

DB

When I started "helping"  one of my first games was CSP in the mud and Barton in the flood, I found myself fortunate enough to be the half time entertainment, remarking both the 18 yrd boxes by eye and under lights. I lost count of the El Quackicos we tried to get on, we had the vax, holes in the ground for a pump, a steam roller, (which I'm still raging about) Ryans  crossbar challenge,  a grown man jumping up and down like a cartoon character will stay with me for a very long time.  
Now, I am the Groundsman and I've got a great team, "Pikachu" Thorny D & his trusty steed Lazer and N "Hammertime" Hart are my right hand men, my latest signing is the veteran striker Baz. We've had Apz painted the dressing rooms with help and way back in May/June I remember spending an afternoon with you Coach and a couple of tons of "screened" topsoil. Many others have been down and Mike clocked up a few kms with a mower and managed to burn everything including the petrol can(which unfortunately i missed.)
  I'm quite pleased with how the summer has gone so far, the pitch is only in her second season and has been through it all, I feel she has now settled down and shown me all her weaknesses, while we may not be in a financial position to fully rectify these flaws we may be able to alleviate them a bit. We have hand seeded(yes, by hand) over 100Kg of seed to date and may use another 40 this year( have seen some of the Counties fattest pigeons, and  some the blackest crows showering under the sprinklers)
The mower Ransom was serviced on Saturday, and we are now at a playing height of a little over 22mm. The first team did some bits on it tonight, so I'll see how that went in the morning.
 I would like to thank the management for not having any home friendlies, except for the Jatazi (which I didn't think they arranged)I'm sure I will have a good working relationship with them as we all want the same thing.  Going forward we have loose plans(which I hope to turn into firm plans in the very near future) to get some deep aeration work done but the ground is far too hard at the moment, most likely autumn before the floods.
Sorry I've gone on a bit with my ramblings, I better shut up .....  and listen for the tringing sound of  the tumbleweed blowing up the 418  Wink
COYD cheers

Last edited by DB on Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thanks for the compliment)

4Darren and his team Empty Re: Darren and his team Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:37 am

coach

coach

Apologies for not coming down recently..Saturdays have been very busy for me.

Believe pitch will only get better now as one of those fat pigeons decided to have a last Swan song into my car yesterday evening!

5Darren and his team Empty Re: Darren and his team Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:59 am

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

thankyou guys! it is so genuinely appreciated

6Darren and his team Empty Re: Darren and his team Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:47 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Great on going work D B, let's hope you are provided with all your requirements so you can give us the pitch you want .Keep the good work up and your fellow supporters will l hope help when they can, O P

7Darren and his team Empty Re: Darren and his team Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Pikachu?!?! lol!

8Darren and his team Empty Re: Darren and his team Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:53 pm

limprib81

limprib81

Couldnt agree more, Daz you and your bunch of merry men are legendary and always crack me up. Apologies for the lack of summer attendance, but been balancing personal stuff.
This club is its volunteers, and we should be especially proud of the bunch we have as we all have a passion for keeping football going at this level in the town we love.

9Darren and his team Empty Re: Darren and his team Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:39 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

You've all been brilliant this summer & I have visited at lunchtimes to see all the activity going on during the week & it's fantastic. We may be few but we punch well above our weight so a big hand to all the volunteers!!!

10Darren and his team Empty Re: Darren and his team Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:49 pm

DB

DB

mikefarquharson wrote:You've all been brilliant this summer & I have visited spied at lunchtimes  to see all the activity going on
Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum