Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charity footie game on sunday

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Charity footie game on sunday Empty Charity footie game on sunday Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:48 pm

mrfish

A big thank you to all who helped at the game cheers With special thanks too April

2Charity footie game on sunday Empty Re: Charity footie game on sunday Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:13 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

On the subject.....

Being as this was a charity game, you would have thought that things would have been tidied up nicely at the end of the day.

Instead, this morning we find a mess around and even ON the pitch, gates left open, items missing and/or moved from various places, the changing rooms left in a filthy state and, worst of all, a HOLE in one of the BRAND NEW GOAL NETS that haven't even been used for a first team game yet!!

Very Disappointed.

3Charity footie game on sunday Empty Re: Charity footie game on sunday Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:38 pm

mrfish

Speak too persons who arranged it. Dont think it will go on again.Mrs Fish walked around the ground and collected a bin bag of s...t, kids on the pitch and loads of adults milling around when I left. Not the place to vent your anger about it though Rolling Eyes

4Charity footie game on sunday Empty Re: Charity footie game on sunday Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:09 am

vsparling

vsparling

When it got to about 6pm we did what we could to stop the children from playing with the hoses and goal nets etc, but seeing as it was so packed in the bar it was difficult to oversee everything. Would be great if we could make this an annual thing as it raised so much money for charity. Everyone underestimated how busy it was going to be, including the organisers and you live and learn. If we had the numbers that came down on Sunday for a first team game I'm sure that there would be just as much mess left behind, unfortunately it's just the way the world is sometimes!

5Charity footie game on sunday Empty Re: Charity footie game on sunday Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:52 am

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

This was by no means a 'dig' at everyone who helped and worked so hard to make the event a success.
Everyone knows that Aylesbury FC staff work their socks off.

Just gutted that, as someone who helped put them up, there was a deliberate hole made in one of our brand new nets before the First Team have even kicked a ball at them.

Charity or not, there is no need for senseless vandalism like that.

Also, what were people/children doing on the pitch after the game had finished??

6Charity footie game on sunday Empty Re: Charity footie game on sunday Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:59 am

vsparling

vsparling

There was a presentation made and photos taken by cancer research and Bucks herald after the match I think. From what I saw it was just children on the pitch, so even though the nets have been damaged I hardly think it was done maliciously and was just the result of children messing about. Maybe we should have used an older set of nets rather than some brand new ones. There was well over 350 people there so, as you can imagine there was overspill onto the outside areas from the club.

The lesson to learn is that when we hold another event like this, as I believe we REALLY should, we need more staff available to crowd control and the help with the clean up.

7Charity footie game on sunday Empty Re: Charity footie game on sunday Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:16 pm

mrfish

I whole heartedly agree with your last paragraph Vicky. If more people were involved in all areas including crowd control maybe Dave would not have been able to have his rant. I must say I agree with some of his comments Neutral

8Charity footie game on sunday Empty Re: Charity footie game on sunday Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Aye, sorry folks.

Rant over.

Just get down at times when people put in a lot of money, time and effort to make the place look good, only for a couple of donkeys to come along and wreck the joint.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum