Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leiston FA Cup

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Leiston FA Cup Empty Leiston FA Cup Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Not quite the result we were hoping for, but an all-round improvement in performance.

I think we had the better of the first half and should have scored a couple of times, but for some brave goalkeeping.
Must stop conceding 5 minutes before half time. Done that in a few games now, and it's not a good habit.
Good goal for Monty, Harry had a good game and Shane Almond looked promising to start, but kind of faded out of the game quite early on. Not sure why.

Anywho, an overall improvement against the better team on the day, and a few positives to take from a good match.

COYM cheers

2Leiston FA Cup Empty Re: Leiston FA Cup Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:24 pm

DB

DB

I was very pleased, on the whole it was an entertaining game, possibly a bit unlucky not to go in all square at h/t but they were a good team. Two quick goals really finished us off but we managed a late rally which was nice to see.
Shayne started lively, probably ran out of steam, it was a hot day and I do think too much is being asked of both him and Harry.
Any news on Harry, did he go to SMH, is he still waiting to be seen?
Looking forward to seeing a bit more of Brown, he looks like Kev Mealor from distance.

It was a good response to last week, play like that and we will beat most of these crappy SL S;E1 (or whatever its called) teams.

Pub chatter/Ripley's about Leiston,
It's pronounced Layston.
They have come from step 5 to 3 while we've been in this league, 300-350 att
Striker scored 42 goals for them last season, got offered £800 a wk to play at Billericay and turned them down.
same team bought a player for 30k off them, he now back on loan.
cheers

3Leiston FA Cup Empty Re: Leiston FA Cup Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:40 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

DB, you are a veritable hive of information Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum