Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kidlington at home

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kidlington at home Empty Kidlington at home Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:10 pm

mrfish

Not sure where to start on this, but after last weeks heroics from the team we sure came down too earth with a large bump this afternoon. Not sure what the tactics were , but that constant long ball did not work (a few times keeper to keeper). From my recollection only 1 shot on target, willing to be corrected on that. Need to play the passing game and keep the ball . We need to be getting points from the teams around us not gifting them. Onwards and upwards. COYMs

2Kidlington at home Empty Re: Kidlington at home Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

I did tell Scott before the game that I was worried we'd be complacent, and turns out I was right.

Bromsgrove did it when they came to us, and we were guilty of it today.

Not quite sure what the idea of hoofing long balls up to the front was all about.
Bread and butter for the Kiddy defenders, and we hardly won any of those headers.
We have the talent to play the ball on the ground, so I fail to see why we were playing the long ball.

Well, on to Tuesday night, and a tricky tie against Berko.
Let's just hope we can make up for today's shambles with a win.

3Kidlington at home Empty Re: Kidlington at home Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:12 pm

DB

DB

This game was dreadful, 45 mins of launching it for them to win the header and most of the 2nd balls Rolling Eyes Why did we do it for so long ?  I'd have gone home after the hour if I had driven.
I just don't understand what we were hoping to achieve, look at the strengths of our players who has good feet going forward, Kingy, Bruno, Josh, Ware, Bayliss, Martei, Alfi, out of them who is better than average in the air,  ,     ,     , Question  
There has been some great Derby winners over the years, but I've yet to hear of one that went on to win the Grand National, horses for courses is the way forward.
COYM cheers

4Kidlington at home Empty Re: Kidlington at home Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

It was more of the same on Tuesday night against Berko, DB.
So bad, I left well before the final whistle, and that is very rare for me to do!

Punting it up-field, not winning the headers. Bread and Butter to the tall, stocky Berko defenders.
We were also well, well off the pace.

What happened to our lovely, speedy wing play?

5Kidlington at home Empty Re: Kidlington at home Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:36 pm

DB

DB

Haha, you are joking me Dave, going head to head versus Ryan Kinnade/Kinnane  I need pictures or it didn't happen Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum