Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

BH Match Reports

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BH Match Reports Empty BH Match Reports Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Just reading reaction to Ashford report in the on-line Bucks Herald. Notice how AFC fans (and a Ducks fan on their own match report) are unhappy with the paper's reporting. Just wonder what other fans think of the reporting.

As most of you know, I write most of the home league games with Mike and others (dont know if you want me to mention you, apologies if you did) writing the rest. I write my report for Mike and at same time email the exact copy to the Non League Paper and also the BH with my name always added and always credited. The NLP rationalise my reports quite a bit into 150 words and the BH usually leave out a bit of the waffle but leave most of the text in there.

2BH Match Reports Empty Re: BH Match Reports Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:19 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Jools I think we both agree that any publicity as far as match reports is GOOD PUBLICITY it just erks, whether the individuals who have written the articles mind or not, that the BH doesn't give credit and passes it off as their own! It used to be that the paper had journo's who would get off their bums and actually come and watch games and maybe that's just an inditement of the level both clubs are (especially Utd) and the current austere times!!!

3BH Match Reports Empty Re: BH Match Reports Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:12 pm

Ah I see, just read the report in the paper itself in Morrison's. understand what you mean.

4BH Match Reports Empty Re: BH Match Reports Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:28 pm

DB

DB

How much would it cost to send a reporter to a game, he would then have to write up his notes & forward it on, quite clearly it is not worth their while.
It is to our benefit if anything gets in the paper, not only is it good publicity it's also free publicity, I've no idea what sort of circulation the paper has but the population of Aylesbury is about 70k.
This weeks back page Headline is "Chairman says FC are the club for Aylesbury" great headline. We need them, they don't really need us.
I think we just need to liaise with them better, talk to them as individuals, buy them a few beers/tea's, this problem that's niggling you should be sorted out easy, or maybe we need a press officer.

5BH Match Reports Empty good points of view Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

I agree with DB, on buttering the BH up, and MF is spot on with his conclusion. By the way, Jules and Mike, you should both be very proud of your input towards the reports ,first class efforts well down. OP

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum