Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

If we need new players, what positions?

+5
mrfish
DB
Will afc
mikefarquharson
JMTM
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26If we need new players, what positions? - Page 2 Empty Re: If we need new players, what positions? Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:42 am

Russ17

Sounds good and I think it may work, but we've got no one who can be bothered to set something like that up. Similar to no one can be bothered to help raise money for the club but we've got plenty of people shouting about how it should be run. I reckon as a push for a new striker each fan should be tasked with bring a sponsor on board. If everyone made the effort to get one, it'd make a hell of a difference financially.

Introduce a sub committee!!!!

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

Russ17 wrote:Similar to no one can be bothered to help raise money for the club
?? really? no one? There are plenty of fans at the club who directly or indirectly bring money in. If fans didn't sit on the gate, run the teabar, do the programme, parking, ball boys, website, match reports etc for nothing then it either wouldn't get done (and possibly face a fine) or you would have to pay someone to do it.

I have no idea what you are doing for the club financially, and I am by no means implying that you don't, but regardless, I personally feel this is a very unfair generalisation

Do you have a sticker in your car advertising the club, are all your friends aware that you are an Aylesbury FC fan, do you encourage your friends to come and have a look at the game / use the club ?

Russ17 wrote: I reckon as a push for a new striker each fan should be tasked with bring a sponsor on board. If everyone made the effort to get one, it'd make a hell of a difference financially.

the fans can hardly afford to come to games, and yet you seem to think that in this current economic climate there will be 80+ businesses willing to make a good will payment (and let's face it, that's all it is really).

It is true in every football club that fans could do a little more, but to some, coming along to the game is sufficient, we don't want to scare people off by making them feel that they have to do so much more.

and Russ, when I am taking round the find the mole tickets later, make yourself known to me as I have something I would like to say to you personally.

Last edited by a voice in the crowd on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had a cup of coffee, thought about it a bit more)

Russ17

Missed the point totally. It's great that we've got many volunteers and they do a great job. To put in easier terms to understand as you are so far wide of the mark in your previous post, I guess I mean we need a financial committee who will fundraise all year round. That is their sole purpose rather than relying on chairman to do it all the time. There are so many more things that could be done to increase revenue that doesn't take much, just need people eager to help generate finance. I cannot comprehend how you deduce that I'm insulting volunteers that we have down there.
I don't have a car sticker, no, I have a scarf on my parcel shelf that is clear for all to see. I have raised 2.5 k over the past two seasons in odd days that I've had spare off work. I'm looking for people who wanna do the same thing, rather than others who clearly have a personal difference in opinion, taking to the forum and completely misunderstanding a post and trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill out of things.
I'll be in the normal place April.

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

others have raised (and continue to) or invested money as well. By saying that no one can be bothered, that's the insult

As for molehills, everyone knows that they can become an issue

JMTM

What sort of fund raising ideas do people think would work? A small one could be to open the bar for TV games on occasion (no idea if this is already done or not) but I guess that isn't going to raise the sort of money people are talking about to fund someone's weekly wage on its own..

Russ17

I agree and I think that's something that is being considered currently. Race nights every quarter, curry nights, promoting hall hire rental, not only for parties but other community class activities such as parent and baby groups, judo, Pilates classes etc etc. basically anything that can be held in a hall. Got plenty of ideas and contacts to make it happen, but it's having the volunteers to be able to implement them all. Gaining the club new sponsors. For the coverage sponsors get the offer cannot be beaten in relative advertising terms value for money. Could go on.....

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

has anyone tapped up the cotton wheel and the codfather, both these places do well out of the travelling fans?

Russ17

Cod father not interested until March 2014 until advertising budget reviewed. I have already negotiated a deal for big discount on food for race nights etc. Cotton wheel would be taking business away from our club bar by advertising alternative bar to drink at. We want people to come and spend money in our bar. We need functions on to attract people in on days other than match days

34If we need new players, what positions? - Page 2 Empty Re: If we need new players, what positions? Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:09 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

was thinking more about the food side of it rather than the drinking Embarassed 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum