Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Truth

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Truth  Empty The Truth Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Mark E

To All Forum users especially Will, Russ TG and Imp

I have been alerted to some of the comments being placed on this forum with regard to my time at Aylesbury Football Club so felt I had no option but to post a response. I am not sure where this rubbish is coming from but find the comments insulting, inflammatory and importantly damn right lies.

I was involved in setting up Aylesbury FC in it's current guise following the failed merger with United and was fortunate to be manager during the most successful period in the clubs history. League titles, cups and and F A cup runs, we also developed an academy at Mandeville School and through Hoggy, Gary and Trevor had the best under 18 side in the county which produced lots of players to for the first team. I also generated considerable funds for the club through sponsorship, prize money and gate receipts. I was also able to organise a prestigious friendly with MK Dons because of my relationships there.  It's also important to confirm that during my time I never personally took a penny from the club. I never had access to any of the clubs money so it's difficult to see how to use some of the quotes, "massively overspent, nearly took the club to the brink, or crippled the club". The only person who had access to the clubs funds was Danny and as the honorable man he is  I am sure he would be happy to confirm this and indeed is probably very dissapointed with the lies being written on here which I a slur on a wonderful period for the club.

Now let;s dispel the issues regarding the budget. Fortunately I still have all the records of our budgets and payments during my period at the club. In my first season we agreed a budget of £850 per week which although competitive for that level by no means guarantees winning titles. We paid it via an expenses method which I developed and anyone working on the committee at that time will confirm how transparent the payments were. During this season the budget was made up by 12k from the then chairman (someone I persuaded to invest in the club) 20k in prize money and I managed to get in 10k in sponsorship. On top of this we had the large gate receipts during the FA cup run and also had income from bar and food revenue which hugely increased during this period. We paid the budget over 35 weeks so for those of you with half a brain cell you do the maths.

In our next season (the 1st at step 4) we agreed an increase to £950 per week reflecting our higher status we were also able to generate an additional 10k in sponsorship through a local firm Care Construction. During the season weekly payments will go up and down depending on how many players we used in a particular week. In March when we were fighting for promotion the club informed me that they did not have the funds to continue at this budget, I personally gave the club some money to help and reduced the budget as to the clubs wishes. All of our players at that time stayed at the club and agreed to a reduction in pay.

At the end of this season in May I wrote to the whole of the committee outlining what my plans were for the new  season and I asked for a weekly budget of £1200, this increase was so I could pay the management team Alan Biley, Matt Hayward and Liz. I also included a detailed plan on how the club could generate this through sponsorship, gate receipts and functions etc. I had a meeting with both Danny and Jon who said "don't worry about getting money in, you concentrate on the football we'll do the rest". I also liaised with Jon to agree all player payments and we invited both existing and new players to a meeting where both Danny and myself outlined our plan for a promotion bid. Once the season got underway it became apparent that the funds the club expected had not come to fruition and in some cases Danny had been completely let down by people who had promised lots and delivered nothing.

During my period at the club I worked as hard as I could to bring success both on and off the pitch, when I left the club it was amicable and since have done nothing to damage the club in any way. If any of you going under your false aliases are brave enough to back up your pathetic comments that are made without any knowledge of fact I am happy to come down the club and talk with you face to face either email me or my telephone number is 07780119622 I'll wait for your call!

Now with regard to the current managers position since leaving I have enjoyed success at other clubs at step 3 which has broadened both my skills and player/manager contacts.  I have spoken to Jon Franklin several times but as yet have not had any conversations with any other member of the committee or applied for the position. If the club wish to speak with me I would be more than happy to do so. The club has had a difficult time on the pitch since I left but I am sure can recover and hopefully attract some additional good people on and off the pitch.

If there any more comments made which I believe are a slur on my good character I will have no option to take further action, I am an Aylesbury person and all I have ever wanted is for the town to have a successful football club which reflects the size of the Vale and also provides the opportunity for young local players to represent the town, the sad thing is we were well on the road to achieving this

Regards

Mark

2The Truth  Empty Re: The Truth Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:52 pm

TG

Why not stick around then, if it was so good why aren't you still managing the club, rumours have suggested the comments mark, nothing else, you should know the format of forums anyway, sensitivity shows a mellow side!

3The Truth  Empty Re: The Truth Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:52 pm

TG

Why not stick around then, if it was so good why aren't you still managing the club, rumours have suggested the comments mark, nothing else, you should know the format of forums anyway, sensitivity shows a mellow side!

4The Truth  Empty Re: The Truth Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:52 pm

TG

Oops twice it does then !! My apologies!!

5The Truth  Empty Re: The Truth Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Imp

Mark, strange you single me out as one of the people who is having a pop at you - all I asked was if it was you posting as "xmasbird" - because it was a newly registered username and the user jumped straight to your defence.  It's an often used tactic by people who wish to hide behind an alias to defend themselves as you well know!

As TG has said above, you shouldn't get so touchy (especially not with people who haven't accused you of anything - I count myself in that bracket).  As an "Aylesbury man", it's on record what you did for both clubs, on and off the pitch.

6The Truth  Empty Re: The Truth Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:43 pm

mrfish

It didnt take long for the gossip mongers on the Nomads site to cop on to all of this

7The Truth  Empty Re: The Truth Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:53 pm

coach

coach

These rumours have always been there about mark and his playing budget but like it was mentioned earlier did mark tie the board down and beg for money..possibly the budget was set to high even though mark was within it and this created an issue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum