Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where to start

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where to start  Empty Where to start Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Steve Bateman

A thoroughly enjoyable day today for all Aylesbury FC supporters and those connected with the club.

I would personally like to thank Danny for convincing me that my football retirement should be shortlived and for giving me the opportunity to manage a super community club that I really believe can have exciting times ahead. Some fantastic youngsters coming through and I can give them an opportunity to show us all what they can do.

Our players were magnificent today with their work ethic and quality and when you consider we were without Danny Burnell, Adam Logie, Simon Sweeney, Ollie Burgess, Ollie Hogg, Brad Wadkins, Sonny French, Tom Cutts, Sean Sonner and young Ken Feyi all of whom would be a loss for any side never mind a team competing against the might of Slough with all they are chasing.

Despite our excellent result today I still hope and believe that Slough will prevail this season and of course I am disappointed that I couldn't give that that to the Slough faithful and their chairman Steve Easterbrook during my time their and it wasn't for the lack of trying I can assure them. Sometimes you don't need a good manager, just a lucky one !

That said, my heart and loyalty lay elsewhere with Aylesbury FC now and
following my break I have really got the love for football back and the buzz that comes with it. I can assure you we will have a real go at this league next season and I urge all our supporters to help convince those Aylesbury based supporters to come and get involved with us as we seek to build upon a positive 5 months and move this club forward. The recent derby game against Utd showed the support in the town exists and we need it with us as we look to build on this years double against them and further our own ambitions.

So...a huge thanks for your support so far and the welcome you have given to me and the lads that have come in and here's to looking forward to a positive future that we all can help to shape

Steve

2Where to start  Empty Re: Where to start Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Jordystallafcdrummer

Steve, since you have joined this football club all I have seen are steps forward from previous managers who just couldn't get the right click in the team. The players you have brought in have mixed excellently with the players you have chosen to keep at the club. Your use of both experienced and young players have been great in recent weeks. It has been great seeing players such as Rob Tomlin, Ken Feyi and Ben Bateman all coming through and impressing. Glad to see that you have got your heart and loyalty with aylesbury fc and hope to see you at the club for the foreseeable future.

I can see us next year competing for the play-offs, with a consistent team and any others that you are looking to bring in if you feel necessary. All the fans from the drummer boys section are fully behind you and your team and are constantly excited for match days, and are always buzzing before, during and after the game because of the hard work you and your players have put in!

So a massive thank you from all the drummer boys behind the goal and we are already looking forward to next season!

3Where to start  Empty Re: Where to start Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:15 am

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

this second half of the season, during the games when we are in form and playing well we definatly look like we should be playoff contenders. and if it wasnt for that 12 game loosing period between november and the new year AND the flooding, i do wonder where we would be sitting in the league right now.

i cannot wait for next season, if we can carry over this wining attitude we seem to have now, combined with a full strength team, then i really think we have it in us to be in that playoff battle.

thanks for everything Mr Bateman, thanks for giving us Moles fans something to smile about at the end of the season  cheers 

Steve Bateman wrote:That said, my heart and loyalty lay elsewhere with Aylesbury FC now

Very Happy  cheers 

Steve Bateman wrote:The recent derby game against Utd showed the support in the town exists and we need it with us as we look to build on this years double against them and further our own ambitions.

absolutley, and the best way to get people down to haywood way will be with the promise of good exciting football, in the top 1/3 of the table.

Steve Bateman wrote: Sometimes you don't need a good manager, just a lucky one !

ha ha  Laughing  meeeow!

4Where to start  Empty Re: Where to start Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:50 pm

wellwisher

Steve Bateman wrote:A thoroughly enjoyable day today for all Aylesbury FC supporters and those connected with the club.

I would personally like to thank Danny for convincing me that my football retirement should be shortlived and for giving me the opportunity to manage a super community club that I really believe can have exciting times ahead. Some fantastic youngsters coming through and I can give them an opportunity to show us all what they can do.

Our players were magnificent today with their work ethic and quality and when you consider we were without Danny Burnell, Adam Logie, Simon Sweeney, Ollie Burgess, Ollie Hogg, Brad Wadkins, Sonny French, Tom Cutts, Sean Sonner and young Ken Feyi all of whom would be a loss for any side never mind a team competing against the might of Slough with all they are chasing.

Despite our excellent result today I still hope and believe that Slough will prevail this season and of course I am disappointed that I couldn't give that that to the Slough faithful and their chairman Steve Easterbrook during my time their and it wasn't for the lack of trying I can assure them. Sometimes you don't need a good manager, just a lucky one !

That said, my heart and loyalty lay elsewhere with Aylesbury FC now and
following my break I have really got the love for football back and the buzz that comes with it. I can assure you we will have a real go at this league next season and I urge all our supporters to help convince those Aylesbury based supporters to come and get involved with us as we seek to build upon a positive 5 months and move this club forward. The recent derby game against Utd showed the support in the town exists and we need it with us as we look to build on this years double against them and further our own ambitions.

So...a huge thanks for your support so far and the welcome you have given to me and the lads that have come in and here's to looking forward to a positive future that we all can help to shape

Steve

From this Slough supporter,thanks for the kind words about Slough and your time with us,Steve.Wish you all the best for your Aylesbury assignment.

Ironically,you seem to have a good mix of youth and experience in the camp and maybe Aylesbury will be a good fit for you over the coming few years.I sincerely hope so.

I wasn't always your biggest fan, regarding discipline matters of some Slough players we had at the time[the latter seasons] or your use of substitutes [so you probably know who I am,from the Slough fans forum!] but I always felt that it was a pleasure to watch decent passing football under your leadership and that you had an eye for a big name non-league signing.

You are spot on about luck.I wonder if there's a curse on Slough ?! lol !

Anyway,as one door has shut, your new one  is very much open.
Good luck to you,your sons,Perks,Loges and Sweens. That's what I call, a nucleus of a good team to have around you,if ever I heard one !

Just one other thing,what's happened to Jerome Anderson? Wouldn't mind him back in a Slough shirt !!! ha ha ha!

5Where to start  Empty Re: Where to start Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Will afc

Thanks a lot Steve , some very kind words ,
All the Aylesbury fc fans can see what your trying to do with the team ,
With a settled squad and a few additions in the summer I can' see us doing well and finishing top 10,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]