Aylesbury Football Club

Aylesbury Football Club
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Bar options

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coach

avatar

Posts : 469
Join date : 2013-04-20

PostSubject: Bar options    06.09.15 6:24

Many thanks for stocking doombar but please rotate with different ales once stock had gone.The whole appeal of real ales is trying new ales and not having the same beer as last week.There are many decent ales you can buy ie Tribute,bolt maker,Oxford gold, humming bird,proper job,landlord,reverend james etc. All these can be found in tesco. .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pris_Ris_Scott

avatar

Posts : 437
Join date : 2013-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    07.09.15 20:13

coach wrote:
Many thanks for stocking doombar but please rotate with different ales once stock had gone.The whole appeal of real ales is trying new ales and not having the same beer as last week.There are many decent ales you can buy ie Tribute,bolt maker,Oxford gold, humming bird,proper job,landlord,reverend james etc. All these can be found in tesco. .


The Aylesbury Brew company is based literally down the road (out the back of the hop pole pub) - would be nice to get a local beer in

plus theres Aylesbury vale brewery in brill and Chiltern Brewery outside wendover
Back to top Go down
View user profile
limprib81

avatar

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-06-01
Age : 36
Location : Aylesbury

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    07.09.15 22:39

I have a pal who is a brewer at Chiltern Brewery, I am sure I could speak to him if management decide they want me too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vsparling

avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2014-04-07
Age : 28
Location : Aylesbury

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    07.09.15 22:56

We have previously had other varieties in, for a long time we had a green king red label and green label ipa, but they just didn't seem to sell even after the doom bar had sold out, and they were a cheaper price.
We probably wouldn't buy the beers from tesco either because it works out quite expensive and we would get them from the same place as the rest of the beer. It's just not worth while buying in a whole barrel when most of the drinkers at the club are lager drinkers and a lot would go to waste.

A lot of the drinkers at the club are creatures of habit (as much as I love them) and will drink doom bar regardless of what's on offer. However I will ask Danny and Rosie to look into it and if we can get a good deal then we may get some others in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

avatar

Posts : 469
Join date : 2013-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    08.09.15 5:51

vsparling wrote:
We have previously had other varieties in, for a long time we had a green king red label and green label ipa, but they just didn't seem to sell even after the doom bar had sold out, and they were a cheaper price.
We probably wouldn't buy the beers from tesco either because it works out quite expensive and we would get them from the same place as the rest of the beer. It's just not worth while buying in a whole barrel when most of the drinkers at the club are lager drinkers and a lot would go to waste.


A lot of the drinkers at the club are creatures of habit (as much as I love them) and will drink doom bar regardless of what's on offer. However I will ask Danny and Rosie to look into it and if we can get a good deal then we may get some others in.
They didn't sell as they are not the best beers(Ipa)..people are drinking doom bar because there is nothing else..Surely the club supplier have other choices other than doom..understand the barrel situation as it only has 7 days when opened. .tesco now have 4 bottles for £6..and u currently sell doom for £3.00 is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosanna07



Posts : 47
Join date : 2010-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    08.09.15 6:07

Coach.....it doesn't sell, the only one that seems to go anywhere is the doom bar which is £2.70. We could trial others but at the moment with minimal ale drinkers that come to the club regularly it's not top of the list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
limprib81

avatar

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-06-01
Age : 36
Location : Aylesbury

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    08.09.15 6:44

Just don't touch Mikes Red wine!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vsparling

avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2014-04-07
Age : 28
Location : Aylesbury

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    08.09.15 6:46

Or Rosannas Kopparberg!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

avatar

Posts : 469
Join date : 2013-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    08.09.15 7:14

Trial would be nice..quite happy to discuss with the ale drinkers what we would like to see as a trial ale bottle behind the bar..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

avatar

Posts : 469
Join date : 2013-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    08.09.15 7:32

Landlord is a popular choice with other ale drinkers at the club..please get that in..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pucky



Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    08.09.15 9:17

I think you should get Double Diamond or even a few tins of Party 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrfish



Posts : 958
Join date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    08.09.15 14:52

Nothing wrong with Double Diamond Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pucky



Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    08.09.15 21:08

It works wonders I hear
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB

avatar

Posts : 1389
Join date : 2010-10-30
Location : County Town (Bucks)

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    08.09.15 23:17

Don't pander to these real ale boys or we will end up with folk music & weardy beardo's. Let's have some San Miguel and be posh lager louts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pucky



Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    09.09.15 0:37

I thought on your side of town you would sway towards Pimms and lemonade or a G&T with ice and a slice.They always said that bitter was a true man's drink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pris_Ris_Scott

avatar

Posts : 437
Join date : 2013-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    09.09.15 2:22

DB wrote:
?... these real ale boys or we will end up with folk music ....

Folk music on the juke box and farty beer in the taps ....Now your talking DB Laughing

Aylesbury girl by Steeleye Span --> http://youtu.be/Jq1odgsODMU

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

avatar

Posts : 469
Join date : 2013-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    09.09.15 3:57

Yes bring on the San Miguel/Estrella as well..something different!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bar options    09.09.15 4:30

Nick, seeing you recently you need less beer not more.
Back to top Go down
Pucky



Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    09.09.15 5:31

Very spanishy coach. What's wrong with good old patriotic London Pride??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

avatar

Posts : 469
Join date : 2013-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    09.09.15 6:47

Pucky wrote:
Very spanishy coach. What's wrong with good old patriotic London Pride??
Nah don't like that London pride..but quite happy to drink it if that was the only ale..just like doom bar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

avatar

Posts : 469
Join date : 2013-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    09.09.15 6:48

JoolsT1970 wrote:
Nick, seeing you recently you need less beer not more.
Yes must start exercising!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc



Posts : 1066
Join date : 2013-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    14.09.15 0:04

Not all this again zzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach

avatar

Posts : 469
Join date : 2013-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    15.09.15 7:12

Will afc wrote:
Not all this again zzzzzzzzz
yes..called customer is always right!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Will afc



Posts : 1066
Join date : 2013-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Bar options    15.09.15 7:20

But nothing going to change
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bar options    

Back to top Go down
 
Bar options
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Limited Slip Differential Options for your 240SX
» oil pan options
» Rocket III Touring Options
» FAQ: Riviera Interior Trim Options, Colors & Materials
» Starter options help

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aylesbury Football Club :: Aylesbury F. C.-
Jump to: