Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

A VIEW FROM THE TERRACE Brimsdown

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A VIEW FROM THE TERRACE Brimsdown Empty A VIEW FROM THE TERRACE Brimsdown Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:48 am

roka

roka

A VIEW FROM THE TERRACE

Aylesbury FC. v Brimsdown Rovers

I couldn’t wait to get off work for this game, the boss had given me loads of overtime but I was away in time to get down my local pub for a quick beer before making my way to Haywood Way
Tonight Aylesbury were playing Brimsdown who were only a couple of places behind us in the league.

Arthur an old boy well into his nineties and as deaf as a post was sitting at the bar nursing an empty glass.
“Want a drink Arthur,” I shouted.
“No son, I can only have a half a shandy as it plays havoc with me hearing”
“Oh ok” I bet it played havoc with his hearing, I bet his drink level was way above his ears.
“Ok I’ll have a small one”
“What’s a small one? ”
“ A scotch, ok I’ll have a pint as well.”
Me and my gob.

“Silly Bob was in earlier,” he said.
“Was he, he has been off work, something about a sore head.”
“I know his missus hit him with the frying pan again, she keeps doing that. He wanted to go out with his mates and apparently, “do whatever you f----ng want” doesn’t mean what he thought.”
I had to make a note to buy her a cast iron Wok for Christmas.

“I’m off to Aylesbury tonight, they are playing Brimsdown.”
No sooner were the words out of my mouth and he was on them.
“They copped it in the war you know”
Bloody hell here we go again.
“Green Street’s signal box was rebuilt after it was obliterated by a V2.
The Royal Enfield small arms factory was at Brimsdown and that was a target for the German bombers. They used to drop Molotov cocktails on it.”
“You mean they used to fly past and throw a bottle at it” I joked.
He looked at me as though I was insane.
“A Molotov cocktail son is basically a large container filled with incendiary bombs and they scatter in mid air, nasty things they were.
On one occasion one failed to detonate and all the kids went around hitting the detached detonators to make them go bang, good game that was.”
“I bet the health and safety officer had apoplexy.” I said
I got that insane look again.
I was thinking that I had to get out of there when he stopped me in my tracks.
“David Beckham started his career at Brimsdown”
“What the David Beckham, the one who plays for England?”
“Yes he started with their youth team.”
“Bloody hell Arthur you do know some stuff”
“You have to read son, I get it all from books”
I wondered when Arthur ever got the time to read between scotches and pints.
Enough was enough
“Got to go Arthur, see you later.” I turned at the door to give him a wave but he was to busy pouring his scotch into his beer.

I had a beer in the clubhouse and found out it was going to be a late kick off as Brimsdown were late. They were parked on the M25 along with 25000 other motorists.

I went into the ground and down to the far end where Aylesbury would be attacking.
We were in the famous red and black and Brimsdown in yellow.
The first few minutes looked as though Aylesbury were going to dominate this game and it looked even more so when on three minutes Price set up Henney, who slammed the ball into the net. 1 – 0.

Aylesbury kept the pressure up for the next fifteen minutes and then Brimsdown slowly got back into the game.
Aylesbury had switched off and Brimsdown were doing most of the attacking. The clearances from Aylesbury were coming straight back at them.
I moved down the pitch, as the action seemed to be at our end.
Then on 38 min the referee took a hand and showed his colours.
The ball was sent down the right hand side and Mead put in a tackle. Penalty, bloody hell, I like to think I’m fair but he hardly touched him and he got the ball.
Aylesbury 1 Referee 1
Brimsdown kept up the pressure but it seemed we had it covered and then four minutes later a Brimsdown forward collected the ball on the right and controlled it with his hand, everyone in the ground apart from the referee and linesman, who were only there to make up the numbers, saw it and he scored.
He had the ball at his hand so long; I thought he was rubbing the name off.
Aylesbury 1 Referee 2

The rest of the half was much the same, with the referee and linesman making mistake after mistake.
Aylesbury were doing what they do best, giving the crowd a heart attack
The half time whistle came and I rushed and had a pint.
I noticed the chairman there all nice and brown; he had been sunning himself on the cup run money.

The second half started and I moved to the dugouts, the language was nice and ripe here.
Aylesbury were playing better football now, but they could not find the back of the net.
Substitutions were made and Aylesbury began to play as we know they can. Long range shots, near misses and a few corners but still no goals.

On 68 min Aylesbury were awarded a free kick just outside the area and the resulting kick by Brennan went straight along the floor into the goal.
Aylesbury 2 Referee 2

Aylesbury were on top now and six minutes later Schmidt scored a great goal to make it Aylesbury 3 Referee 2.
Five minutes later after some lovely play, Graham was put clean through and with only the goalie to beat he was sent crashing to the ground from behind, by a Brimsdown player.
Once again everyone in the ground saw it, apart from you know who and his mates.
Even the Brimsdown people couldn’t believe it.

Straight from the incident Brimsdown won a throw in our half and it led to the equaliser.
Aylesbury 3 Referee 3

On ninety minutes, two Aylesbury forwards found themselves with only the goalie to beat. I think they were waiting to see the whites of the goalposts eyes, they both missed.

The final whistle blew and most of the crowd were to busy giving the referee some good advice to even notice.

Oh well, off home to the wife and tell her what a hard night at work I’ve had.
The little girl next door has a little doll, I might borrow it, put a little referee’s outfit on it and I think I’ve got some pins.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum