Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

THAT Hoggy business....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1THAT Hoggy business.... Empty THAT Hoggy business.... Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:25 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Okay, it was just a bit of banter that a few people have taken way too seriously, so can we just drop it now??

I'm not entirely sure why i'm getting tweets from people who say 'it's giving US a bad name', when they don't have a connection to either of the Aylesbury clubs (not anymore, at least), nor from an individual connected to Aylesbury United, whom, as far as I know, is just a glorified ball boy and probably shouldn't be getting involved in fan banter in the first place!

All I've done is stuck up for Marlow.

If the boot was on the other foot, and that had happened in a match to US, where we were robbed of 3 points for nothing, I'm pretty damn sure there'd be a freakin' uproar from more than just me!

2THAT Hoggy business.... Empty Re: THAT Hoggy business.... Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:44 am

oneclubinaylesbury

From the sounds of it, Marlow were the better team on the day and would probably have gone onto get the 3 points (according to Ducks fans present on the day) but there is no guarantee of that as it was only 2-0 with plenty of time left. They weren't robbed of 3 points for nothing, Ollie Hogg was hurt in a challenge and the first aid qualified people there on the day suspected it was a broken leg so took the correct precaution of not moving him and phoning an ambulance. It was the referee who (rightly or wrongly) decided to abandon the game due to the ambulance taking over an hour to arrive. As it turned out, the leg was not broken but it is always better to err on the side of caution.

Would you have stuck up for Marlow if the incident would have occurred against any other club in the league? The fact that Ollie is an ex-FC player who could have had a very serious (potentially career ending) injury is why your stupid post and tweets makes you look an eejit and FC bad by association.

Who are you to judge who is allowed to get involved in banter?

3THAT Hoggy business.... Empty Re: THAT Hoggy business.... Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:33 am

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

As far as I'm concerned, anyone can join in Banter, but perhaps it's not very professional of people who are on the committee's of, or are paid employees of clubs in the league to comment.

I might chip in and volunteer an hour or two to help out at AFC when I can, but I'm not a member, nor do I represent any club or individual, so any opinion I have is personal and not necessarily the views or opinions of anybody connected with Aylesbury FC.

4THAT Hoggy business.... Empty Re: THAT Hoggy business.... Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:19 am

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

I remember away at st ives couple of season ago the game was called off due to an injury... its a real sh*tter especially on such a long away day... but no one questioned anything or had any resentment about it...

the whole thing that makes this incident different is that the Marlow manager sounded off on twitter only just stopping short of actually calling the UTD bench cheats. he claimed Ollie looked like he wanted to get up and the UTD bench were telling him to stay down (implying they premeditated the game should be stalled/cancelled)

now these are really strong claims... so strong that you'd question why anyone would make it up?? although it seems really unbelievable that the d*cks bench (or any bench) would go that far to get a game cancelled in such a contrived manner... who knows...

either way OTIA got the nail on the head with regards to it being because its that lot from herts or berks or is it beds (i forget where now)... but I don't think Thorny D said anything except what was designed to wind them up which is fine in my book (both ways)... Ollie was fine, is fine and reamains a popular ex-player... so fish away thorny Wink

5THAT Hoggy business.... Empty Re: THAT Hoggy business.... Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:50 pm

mrfish

One thing for sure is that if it happened the other way round the brown stuff would be all over the place big time Exclamation Just ignore it on MBs now TD as you do not represent the club ,its just your viewpoint and if you get anymore threatening or abusive personal messages take it to the police

6THAT Hoggy business.... Empty Re: THAT Hoggy business.... Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Cheers Mr Fish Smile

Just banter that got a bit out of hand, and I apologise to anyone taking offence.

'Keep football out of football. Don't let the football ruin a good day out at the football'

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]