Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

GROUND SHARE

+6
Thorny-D
brownie
lord lucan
Jon Franklin
Imp
d-aitch
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GROUND SHARE Empty GROUND SHARE Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:19 pm

d-aitch

The comments on the AUFC Forum seems to suggest that AFC will have no choice but to ground share with them at Haywards next season, if AVDC say so. The Bucks Herald states that an agreement is already in place.
In turn, AFC may be able to share their new stadium at Aylesbury College when it is built!
I know the Club has said that a statement will be issued next week, but what do the fans think?

2GROUND SHARE Empty Re: GROUND SHARE Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:02 pm

Imp

There could be some mutual benefit in both clubs ground sharing next season, with a view to both using the proposed new ground at the College when it is built. Look at the problems already this season with flooding, Haywood Way is clearly not a viable long term option for a groundshare, or for that matter, one side at Southern League level.

What it needs is for both sides to realise what is the best way forward, a merger may not seem to be the favoured option, but sharing facilities could work - as long as the personalities on both sides agree to put personal differences in the past.

Oh for an outbreak of common sense!!!!

3GROUND SHARE Empty Re: GROUND SHARE Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Jon Franklin

Dave
A statement will be released in due course by the club officially (Following consultation by the executive committee) so it would not be correct at this time to go into any detail, However I will confirm there is NO binding agreement in place.
We as a club set out our goal for the comming season and beyond, we HOPE to achieve that and move forward ourselves.

4GROUND SHARE Empty groundshare Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:10 pm

lord lucan

lord lucan

In the words of Jim Royal,
[GROUND SHARE MY ARSE].
LORD L. Laughing

5GROUND SHARE Empty Re: GROUND SHARE Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:36 pm

brownie

brownie

Imp wrote:There could be some mutual benefit in both clubs ground sharing next season, with a view to both using the proposed new ground at the College when it is built. Look at the problems already this season with flooding, Haywood Way is clearly not a viable long term option for a groundshare, or for that matter, one side at Southern League level.

What it needs is for both sides to realise what is the best way forward, a merger may not seem to be the favoured option, but sharing facilities could work - as long as the personalities on both sides agree to put personal differences in the past.

Oh for an outbreak of common sense!!!!

LOL tell graham read that

6GROUND SHARE Empty Re: GROUND SHARE Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:54 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Somehow, I can't see groundsharing being an option considering the animosity between the clubs.

It'd be like asking Spurs to Groundshare with Arsenal, Man Utd With Man City, Everton with Liverpool. Simply not do-able.

Mind you, IF AUFC get the go-ahead for a new ground near the college, AFC could always go for Buckingham Road, lol. cheers

7GROUND SHARE Empty no ground share Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:56 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

The college principle had better watch her back if Mr.Reid is involved,look at his track record with us as regards our lease.The only reason they have got into the college is because the head of the sports section is a big AUFC fan; most other clubs that use the college facilities have to pay for the use of such; I wonder if she is charging AUFC for the pleasure. I wonder who is behind Sports Solutions doing the feasibility study for local sport, anybody know. see ya down there Bas.

8GROUND SHARE Empty Re: GROUND SHARE Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:38 pm

VkmSpouge

Imp wrote:Oh for an outbreak of common sense!!!!

It would be great to have some common sense with this. I'm not holding my breath, though I do hope something can be done to get football in the town back to at least the Southern Premier League.

9GROUND SHARE Empty Re: GROUND SHARE Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Shaw said the move to Haywood way could happen as early as next season, he admitted there 'would be possible resistance to us coming down there but i would suggest that as a council owned facility they might struggle to stop us' "We dont want to be falling out with people but the bottom line is it is a council owned facility" he added.
I copied this from the Ducks Herald.
What an arrogant pratt.....unless our executive comittee are in cahoots with them & keeping quiet Embarassed

10GROUND SHARE Empty Re: GROUND SHARE Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:16 pm

Imp

Personally I don't think it reads as arrogant, just the position as it is seen by those in Green and White. The responses on here, including that by Jon, say more about the animosity that has built up between the two teams, and highlights why it will be so difficult to come to any amicable agreement. I really think a line in the sand needs to be drawn, for the good of football and the people of Aylesbury, whichever side they follow.

11GROUND SHARE Empty Re: GROUND SHARE Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:40 pm

The only solution IS an amalgamation,the Haywood way pitch has already hosted 18 1st team games,so imagine what it would look like having played 36 games!the only style of football avaliable to play would be hoof&hope & who wants to watch that? Id love to hear what our very amicable groundsman has to say on it,i bet hes sharpening his blades in anticipation! oh to be a fly on the wall!
Animosity.....what animosity?I was just wondering
where they would they park their ford transits & caravans?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

12GROUND SHARE Empty Re: GROUND SHARE Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:16 pm

syrupofigs

will avdc be reimbursing afc the money invested by the club getting the pitch ,grounds etc to the standard they are before handing it all over every other week for some one else to use them

13GROUND SHARE Empty re avdc Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:54 pm

brownie

brownie

syrupofigs wrote:will avdc be reimbursing afc the money invested by the club getting the pitch ,grounds etc to the standard they are before handing it all over every other week for some one else to use them

Mr T it will not happen there is no agreement

14GROUND SHARE Empty Re: GROUND SHARE Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:18 pm

Old Plumb wrote:The only reason they have got into the college is because the head of the sports section is a big AUFC fan; .

I can categorically say the above statement is untrue.

15GROUND SHARE Empty GROUND SHARE Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi Trimmtrab,who was there first point of contact then, Bas.

16GROUND SHARE Empty Re: GROUND SHARE Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Old Plumb wrote:Hi Trimmtrab,who was there first point of contact then, Bas.

Not privy to that info, and as things are political I wouldn't like to name names on a public forum. Sorry I can't be more forthcoming.

17GROUND SHARE Empty Re: GROUND SHARE Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:41 pm

DB

DB

One year on Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum