Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Local paper gets it wrong again.

+3
Rosanna07
Thorny-D
roka
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty Local paper gets it wrong again. Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:13 pm

roka

roka

How can local reporters get it so wrong?
This is from Chalfont St Peter local paper.

Ducks take charge of title race
Apr 23 2010

CHALFONT St Peter's title hopes are out of their hands after Aylesbury won their game in hand last night and regained top spot.
A brace from Craig Henney saw the Ducks come from behind to beat Haringey Borough and go one point clear of Danny Edwards' side with just two games to play.
Aylesbury have two home games against Leverstock Green on Saturday and Langford on the final day of the season knowing two wins would see them promoted.
Saints take on Broxbourne at Mill Meadow tomorrow knowing anything less than a win could hand the title to the Ducks with a game to spare.
Borough's form has been patchy with nothing to play for anymore this season and they have won just twice in six games.

2Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty Re: Local paper gets it wrong again. Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Edwards: 'Best team will go up'
Apr 22 2010 By Greg Burns

DANNY Edwards said the best team will ultimately be promoted from the Spartan South Mids Premier Division this season – even if it is not his Chalfont St Peter side.
The Saints boss is fully concentrated on guiding his team towards picking up two wins from their final games of the season at home to Broxbourne Borough on Saturday and away at Royston Town on the final day of the season.
But he knows that if second-placed Aylesbury win all three of their final games then they will be champions and secure the solitary promotion spot into the Southern League.
The Ducks play their game in hand at 15th placed Haringey Borough tonight (22/4) who have won their last five games in the league.
So Edwards knows it is by far from over.
He said: “The team which wins the title will deserve it and it will be nothing to do with luck. If that is Aylesbury, in the end, then you have to say they will deserve it like they will if it is us.
“We will look back on the bad start we made to the season and the fact that we lost seven games before November.
“But we have been on a great run since then and still have a chance. We have been in this position for the past three years whereas Aylesbury have not.
“They have to win on Thursday night so they are under the bigger pressure at the moment and we will see how they cope with it.”

Well put Danny,
Pressure , the lads seem to be thriving on it !
And thanks for Ed Chemlal, other than the first couple of games he's been terrific.
Champions Elect, I think so
cheers cheers

3Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty Re: Local paper gets it wrong again. Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:13 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

roka wrote:How can local reporters get it so wrong?
This is from Chalfont St Peter local paper.

Ducks take charge of title race
Apr 23 2010

CHALFONT St Peter's title hopes are out of their hands after Aylesbury won their game in hand last night and regained top spot.
A brace from Craig Henney saw the Ducks come from behind to beat Haringey Borough and go one point clear of Danny Edwards' side with just two games to play.
Aylesbury have two home games against Leverstock Green on Saturday and Langford on the final day of the season knowing two wins would see them promoted.
Saints take on Broxbourne at Mill Meadow tomorrow knowing anything less than a win could hand the title to the Ducks with a game to spare.
Borough's form has been patchy with nothing to play for anymore this season and they have won just twice in six games.

Ducks?!?!? How DARE they sully our good name! lol!

It's the MOLES dammit! king

4Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty Re: Local paper gets it wrong again. Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Rosanna07

Ooo thats funny!!!! Quack Qauck!!!

Moley Moley!!!! =)

5Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty Re: Local paper gets it wrong again. Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Gemini

"The Ducks" who are they Wink

http://www.geminicleaningservices.org

6Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty Re: Local paper gets it wrong again. Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Its understandable that they call us Ducks , WE do actually play in Aylesbury.
I still think we should be called the Duck billed platypus's, a cross between a duck & a mole
Then we could use Rolf Harris's "Tie Me Kangaroo Down" song
Mind me platypus duck bill , mind me platypus duck , dont let him go running amuck bill , just mind me platypus duck ! Laughing

7Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty o no Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:14 pm

brownie

brownie

DB wrote:Its understandable that they call us Ducks , WE do actually play in Aylesbury.
I still think we should be called the Duck billed platypus's, a cross between a duck & a mole
Then we could use Rolf Harris's "Tie Me Kangaroo Down" song
Mind me platypus duck bill , mind me platypus duck , dont let him go running amuck bill , just mind me platypus duck ! Laughing

Fxxxxxx hell you been on the beer DB,3 points tomorrow ye ha go them boys

8Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty Re: Local paper gets it wrong again. Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:32 am

Haha Laughing, I'm not really enjoying this mole thing, that was a Vale nickname . Perhaps we could be called "the champions "

Wink

9Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty Re: Local paper gets it wrong again. Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:28 am

roka

roka

Champs are not bad.
How about the Swans, we have a Swan on our badge.
We could ask Henney to do a Swan Flap next time he scores.

10Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty Look what we've grown into Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:36 am

There once was an ugly duckling
With feathers all stubby and brown
And the other birds said in so many words
Get out of town
Get out, get out, get out of town
And he went with a quack and a waddle and a quack
In a flurry of eiderdown
That poor little ugly duckling
Went wandering far and near
But at every place they said to his face
Now get out, get out, get out of here
And a very unhappy tear
All through the wintertime he hid himself away
Ashamed to show his face, afraid of what others might say
All through the winter in his lonely clump of wheat
Till a flock of swans spied him there and very soon agreed
You’re a very fine swan indeed!
A swan? Me a swan? Ah, go on!
And he said yes, you’re a swan
Take a look at yourself in the lake and you’ll see
And he looked, and he saw, and he said
I am a swan! Wheeeeeeee!
I’m not such an ugly duckling
No feathers all stubby and brown
For in fact these birds in so many words said
The best in town, the best, the best
The best in town
Not a quack, not a quack, not a waddle or a quack
But a glide and a whistle and a snowy white back
And a head so noble and high
Say who’s an ugly duckling?
Not I!
Not I!

11Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty Re: Local paper gets it wrong again. Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:09 pm

VkmSpouge

DB wrote:Haha Laughing, I'm not really enjoying this mole thing, that was a Vale nickname .

I like calling them the Moles, it'll be one of those strange nicknames that a person has to research into the club history to find out what it means like Everton being the Toffees and Charlton Athletic being the Addicks.

12Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty Re: Local paper gets it wrong again. Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:07 pm

Gemini

DB wrote:There once was an ugly duckling
With feathers all stubby and brown
And the other birds said in so many words
Get out of town
Get out, get out, get out of town
In a flurry of eiderdown
That poor little ugly duckling
Went wandering far and near
But at every place they said to his face
Now get out, get out, get out of here
And a very unhappy tear
All through the wintertime he hid himself away
Ashamed to show his face, afraid of what others might say
All through the winter in his lonely clump of wheat
Till a flock of swans spied him there and very soon agreed
You’re a very fine swan indeed!
A swan? Me a swan? Ah, go on!
And he said yes, you’re a swan
Take a look at yourself in the lake and you’ll see
And he looked, and he saw, and he said
I am a swan! Wheeeeeeee!
I’m not such an ugly duckling
No feathers all stubby and brown
For in fact these birds in so many words said
The best in town, the best, the best
The best in town
Not a quack, not a quack, not a waddle or a quack
But a glide and a whistle and a snowy white back
And a head so noble and high
Say who’s an ugly duckling?
Not I!
Not I!

Very good DB, very good.

http://www.geminicleaningservices.org

13Local paper gets it wrong again. Empty Re: Local paper gets it wrong again. Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi Darren,that song sums it up, we have turned into Swans, but i like your humour as regards the platapuss connection, brillant. I have looked forward to this day since certain people have tried to overtake our ambitions by going behind our back, who do they think we are mugs. A Lot of time and effort has got us where we are now, sorted Bas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum