Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

V Soham Town Rangers

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1V Soham Town Rangers Empty V Soham Town Rangers Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Imp

Interesting reading the match report - all personal opinions I know, but some of it I agree with, some of it I don't!

Charlie Collins seemed very out of sorts played wide on the left, the team doesn't look balanced with him out there, and it was no surprise when he was substituted for Gareth Price. Is there a clause in his loan arrangement which says he has to play if fit? Its not unheard of when senior clubs lend players out for "match experience". If you are going to play him, play him in a position which suits him. Left wing doesn't!

Ricky Miller is a bit of a find, his first goal though was a gift from the Soham defence rather than a great through ball from a team mate. Once he got the ball though, it was clear it was only going to end up in one place. One thing I hope we don't see too much of in the future was his petulant elbow into the head of the centre back in the first half. On another day, a different referee would have reached for a red card, thankfully the STR man didn't make a fuss like a Premiership footballer would have done, and he escaped punishment!

So, 2 goals, both gifted by the home team, who by their own admission talking to some of their supporters are not playing well at all this season. The second half was a reverse of the first, with all the attacking intent coming from STR, who would count themselves unlucky not to have got a point after their second half performance.

All in all 3 points hard earned.

2V Soham Town Rangers Empty Re: V Soham Town Rangers Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi Impy, rather than two goals gifted, I thought that they came about from the pressure we were putting on their midfield and defence, but I would say the ref gifted them their goal when awarding a dodgy freekick that was crossed for their comeback goal. All about opinions though, Bas.

3V Soham Town Rangers Empty Re: V Soham Town Rangers Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Imp

Two ways of looking at it I suppose, but I thought the Soham defending was (fortunately!) shocking in the first half, tightened up considerably after half time. That was the cause for both goals, pressure or not.

Their goal, I was right beside the foul which the ref was right to penalise. One of the better refs I have seen this season actually.

4V Soham Town Rangers Empty re soham rangers game Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:56 pm

lord lucan

lord lucan

Hi Imp,
nice to see you giving our lads your full backing,Sometimes you cant win games
3 or 4 nil and you have to dig in.Are you a ducks fan in disguise?
LORD L. Rolling Eyes

5V Soham Town Rangers Empty Re: V Soham Town Rangers Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Imp

It would be a long way to go if that was the case. Just saying it as I saw it! Shocked

6V Soham Town Rangers Empty Re: V Soham Town Rangers Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Imp wrote:
Their goal, I was right beside the foul which the ref was right to penalise. One of the better refs I have seen this season actually.

Are you kidding?!?!?

That ref, along with near enough ALL of them we've had so far this season, was diabolical!

We really do seem to be playing against 12 men in most games this season, and some of the linesmen we've had are clueless and struggle to keep up with play.

Guess we know 'who ate all the pies' now after all!

7V Soham Town Rangers Empty Re: V Soham Town Rangers Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:35 am

MH

you're right imp it is all about opinions but i thought the match report was pretty fair actually,but sugesting soham gitfted us two goals is a bit harsh on what was a decent first half,the penalty was surely earnt not given away and for the first though it came from a defelcted clearance he still had what30/35 yards to run before scoring
as for miller throwing an elbow i,like the ref who was right infront of what i think was the incident you referred to and he didnt even give a free kick-choosing to have a quiet word with him when play stooped,like the ref i didn't think it was even a foul and there no was complaints from any players
the match report touches on it but i also thought soham tried to play decent football for 90 mins and in the second half it was backs againt the wall thats for sure
the middfield have to push on more as well,playing so very deep as they do simply invites the oposition on and we nearly paid for it saturday, we also have to learn just how beneficial keeping the fotball can be!!! how frustrating is it to see the ball being given away so cheaply. your point about collins though i thought is spot on the lad obviously has something about him and its just the physical side of things that he is strugglinga bit with

8V Soham Town Rangers Empty Re: V Soham Town Rangers Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:38 am

MH

just a further thought i was sitting in there stand and have to compliment there fans who inspite of there lowly position were both supportive of the team, never really slagging them off, and fair with there comments throughout the match, the banter was good and to me it was an enjoyable afternoon and what non league football should be all about

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum