Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

The BIG Debate.....

+5
DB
Mark Eaton
hawesd
mikefarquharson
Thorny-D
9 posters

Groundshare: Yay or Nay?

The BIG Debate..... Bar_left57%The BIG Debate..... Bar_right 57% [ 8 ]
The BIG Debate..... Bar_left43%The BIG Debate..... Bar_right 43% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The BIG Debate..... Empty The BIG Debate..... Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

By now, you've probably all seen Tony Joyce's comments in the Bucks Herald regarding a possible groundshare with Aylesbury F.C.

I understand that this is a big bone of contention and I don't want this post to degrade into a slagging match, so, looking at things constructively and from a totally neutral perspective, regardless of which Aylesbury club we support, this may or may not be a good idea.

PROS:
* Brings Aylesbury United back into the town.

* Brings a much needed income boost Aylesbury F.C. as a whole and could be used towards ground improvements, player wages, etc.

* Will attract bigger and better support for both teams and encourage both sets of fans to come to each others' home matches.

* Could go a long way towards ending the rivalry between the two clubs.

CONS:
* Creates more work for the ground staff at Haywood way.

* Could have an impact on away support for both teams if both sets of fans decide to attend each others' home games.

* Would re-ignite the debate over the amalgamation of the two clubs.

* A slim potential for violence between supporters.

Personally, I think it could work as long as United firmly understood that they would have no part whatsoever in the running of Aylesbury F.C. and that they were tennants only, which has worked for them at Leighton Town.

I'd like to see what other supporters think, both F.C. and United.

PLEASE, keep all comments Constructive and NOT abusive.
Thank You.

2The BIG Debate..... Empty Re: The BIG Debate..... Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:16 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

I haven't watched Utd regularly since they left Aylesbury and I for one would watch both teams if they were both in Aylesbury

3The BIG Debate..... Empty Groundshare and/or merger Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:16 am

hawesd

This is the real hawesd before another tired, boring debate starts!

I have voted for groundshare as a minimum option but my ultimate preference would be to combine the undoubted good people at Haywood with the undoubted good people at AUFC and have one senior team playing in Aylesbury

4The BIG Debate..... Empty Re: The BIG Debate..... Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Mark Eaton

I wouldn't normally enter this debate on a forum but as the only reason that Aylesbury FC in it's current guise was formed in May 2009 was to merge Vale with United I must offer my opinion.

I believe it was the right thing to do then and it is still the right thing to do now. I think the best option is not a ground share but as one club. Aylesbury needs one successful club with the backing of the people of the town and the local authority with a view to building a new stadium. We have seen what has been achieved in Thame it's a disgrace that a town of the size of Aylesbury has not got a top class sporting venue. Haywood Way can only provide one more level of football before a new ground would have to be found.

Aylesbury FC have already proved what can be achieved with local talent and hard work from a number of people, our success last year seems to have gone largely unoticed in the town, we won a double in a very tough senior league, reached the 4th Q of the FA Cup, had the trophy at the ground and featured 3 times on BBC prime time as well as hosting a league 1 club in pre season. What heights could be reached if both clubs came together and then had everyone pulling in the same direction?

Imagine in 2015 an Aylesbury team playing Conference football in a purpose built stadium watched by crowd in their thousands enthused by a success story and a club the whole town are proud of. The greatest journey starts with a single step if we have the belief and are prepared collectively to put all the past differences to one side for the good of football we have a tremendous opportunity of creating a real worthwhile legacy.

This is my personal opinion only and I am not speaking on behalf of Aylesbury FC other officials at the club I am sure have their own views

Regards
Mark

5The BIG Debate..... Empty Re: The BIG Debate..... Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:28 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Based on the reaction so far it's not such a GREAT DEBATE! :-)

6The BIG Debate..... Empty Re: The BIG Debate..... Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

mikefarquharson wrote:Based on the reaction so far it's not such a GREAT DEBATE! :-)

Lol,,,Voter Apathy, it's all the rage in this country Very Happy

Although, I did stress that I didn't want it to turn into a slagging match with accusations flying here and there and that I wanted constructive opinions, etc, so I imagine a few people have opted not to say anything, which is fair enough Smile

7The BIG Debate..... Empty Re: The BIG Debate..... Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:49 pm

DB

DB

I'm still pondering it !
But if they do ,get the money up front.
I'm a bit suprised that having been relegated and only needing to avoid doing the same this season they are still losing money.
It would swell home attendance for UTD ,who would want to miss Charlie Strutton dancing round clueless defenders ? Laughing

Apathy & Sky Sports !

8The BIG Debate..... Empty The big debate Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:15 pm

South Bucks Duck

I personally would like to see one decent size Aylesbury team playing in the town at a decent level and at a decent ground. I am very much for a merger. Let's start with a ground share and then gradually bring the clubs together.

I've supported Aylesbury United all my life but to be honest, I don't give a jot what the team calls itself as long as it has the name Aylesbury in it, representing the town I grew up in, that's what's most important to me.

9The BIG Debate..... Empty Re: The BIG Debate..... Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:28 pm

135sidecar

why not just AYLESBURY

10The BIG Debate..... Empty Re: The BIG Debate..... Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

After reading the back pages of last weeks Bucks Advertiser, I just want to reitterate that the above poll is for a GROUNDSHARE and Not a Merger.

11The BIG Debate..... Empty re great debate Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:40 pm

lord lucan

lord lucan

I dont know about a great debate after reading all that rubbish in the Bucks
BEANO and APPLETISER.It's more like The Mark Eaton Show.I think he should stop
spouting rubbish and consentrate on Managing the TEAM.
cheesed off Lord L. Rolling Eyes

12The BIG Debate..... Empty Re: The BIG Debate..... Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi all, yes Lord Lucan is back, now we need Shergar and Max the Miller, see ya down there , Bas on behalf of the Old Plums.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum