Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aylesbury 4 AFC Hayes 1

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Aylesbury 4 AFC Hayes 1 Empty Aylesbury 4 AFC Hayes 1 Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:07 pm

DB

DB

1- 0 down at half time & I couldn't find 1 supporter that thought we wouldn't win, we know our team! I've heard that Arlesey have put in a 7 day request for Gareth & when I asked him he was rather cagey, don't go Gareth, they won't love you like we do & you can't be a home town hero for them!(just another fat wallet)I don't think he will go, he's not that daft! Nice to see Jeanmal playing in his position & a good debut for Jamie Philp, another player from our youngsters, terrible conditions excellent 3 points cheers
Please don't go Gareth Sad Sad

2 Aylesbury 4 AFC Hayes 1 Empty Re: Aylesbury 4 AFC Hayes 1 Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:18 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

With the result today, Leighton winning by only 1 goal, Hitchin v Woodford and Rugby v Barton Rovers ending in a draw and Arlesey v Slough abandoned after 23 minutes due to the ref picking up an injury (Arlesey were 0 - 1 down at the time and the teams couldn't agree on a replacement ref Rolling Eyes ) we are now in 5th place level with Slough but 2 games in hand and 3 points off but with 1 game in hand on 3rd place Rugby.

Great game today and it just goes to show that whether the weather is cold, or whether the weather is hot, we'll weather the weather, whatever the weather, whether we like it or not (except those who hid in the stand during the bit of drizzle) and we will take full advantage of the wind.

3 Aylesbury 4 AFC Hayes 1 Empty Re: Aylesbury 4 AFC Hayes 1 Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:00 pm

DB

DB

I'm glad to see we are NOT big game charlies Laughing Laughing Laughing

4 Aylesbury 4 AFC Hayes 1 Empty Re: Aylesbury 4 AFC Hayes 1 Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:38 am

MH

Whilst I was never pessimistic, after a truly dire first 45 minutes I am not sure where anyone could get any dollops of confidence from about winning as we were truly poor

We simply didn't cope with the awful conditions at all, the second half we did. we got the ball down, we kept it moving, it was invaribly short, we got both wingers and Ricky into the game, and ultimately no-one from Hayes could have gone home sulking if the score was 6 or 7

Regardless of conditions though, and we have played in some really shocking weather of late, the second half performance surely is the blue print on exactly how we should approach all games, especially for a team so small

If we simply hoof the ball in the air, especially when coming forward like we did for 45 minutes, there will inevitably only be one consequence...needless pressure

Well done though boys, a scrappy game but another three points to the tally, and yet another game where we have come from behind, I think thats for on the bounce we have had to do so

5 Aylesbury 4 AFC Hayes 1 Empty Re: Aylesbury 4 AFC Hayes 1 Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:42 am

MH

MH wrote:Whilst I was never really pessimistic, but after a truly dire first 45 minutes I am not sure where anyone got any real dollops of confidence from about winning as for that first half we were truly poor as poor as anything this season I reckon

We simply didn't cope with the awful conditions at all, the second half we did though. we got the ball down, we kept it moving, it was invaribly short, we got both wingers and forwards into the game, and ultimately no-one from Hayes could have gone home sulking if the score was 6 or 7

Regardless of conditions though, and we have played in some really shocking weather of late haven't we, the second half performance is surely the blue print on exactly how we should approach all games, especially for a team so small

If we simply hoof the ball in the air, especially when going forward like we did for the 45 minutes, there will inevitably only be one consequence...needless pressure, and what normally follows pressure...goals

Well done though boys, a scrappy game but another three points banked to add to the tally, and yet another game where we have been forced to come from behind,(and thats nothing to do with the gentlemans evening by the way!) I think thats four on the bounce we have had to do so

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum