Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

back to back wins

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1back to back wins Empty back to back wins Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:20 pm

aylfcsup@gmail.com

Ihave watched the lads fight hard physical games recentlyand achieve back to back wins. I hope the club members who were so quick to critiise the soham game will be just as quick to applaud these wins. To call the team spineless and gutless after one poor performance in a higher league when most games in a long season have been of a good standard of play

2back to back wins Empty re-back to back wins Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:10 pm

lord lucan

lord lucan

I dont know where you've come from pal,i guess you've only seen 1 or 2 games
this season.The fans have every right to question the team and cheer when they play well.They pay there money every week and its the only chance they get to
have there say.
Lord L. Rolling Eyes

3back to back wins Empty Re: back to back wins Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:13 pm

DB

DB

lord lucan wrote: I dont know where you've come from pal,i guess you've only seen 1 or 2 games
this season.The fans have every right to question the team and cheer when they play well.They pay there money every week and its the only chance they get to
have there say.
Lord L. Rolling Eyes

Thats not very nice LL, Everyones allowed an opinion & it is their 1st post !

And the managers public comments didn't lay very well with me either

4back to back wins Empty Re: back to back wins Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:56 pm

MH

aylfcsup@gmail.com wrote:Ihave watched the lads fight hard physical games recentlyand achieve back to back wins. I hope the club members who were so quick to critiise the soham game will be just as quick to applaud these wins. To call the team spineless and gutless after one poor performance in a higher league when most games in a long season have been of a good standard of play

You might have watched the team in the last two games, and Saturday to be fair the lads gave us a hugely improved performance

Ben's return definitely gave us a calming influence at the back and it is apparent to all that watch us that he and John appear to compliment each others style of play perfectly. I also agree that "For once" certainly of late,(not that anyone has been looking to criticise)that no-one really had a bad game...that always helps the cause!
Collectively I thought it was a vast improvement, not just on the Soham debacle, but on recent matches full stop. I would also go as far to say that a few players put in outstanding performances

But hold up, thats where the slaps on the back have to surely end?

The Soham game you refer to was for most of us just the last straw in an inglorious patch of matches where as a team we weren't just poor we were shocking.
During this shambolic run of indifference,no-one called the the team spinless and gutless, and doing so last week most certainly didnt come after that one poor performance, it came after 5,6 7 matches of equal ineptness.

A period where the words that obviously caused you some offence could to be fair have been repeatedly used, and worse complimenetd with some others equally accurate , like gone missing, went hiding and the like!

The fans never seem to get on the teams back, regardless of results, and no individuals ever, thankfully appear to get personal vilification from the crowds, but at times, like the Soham game frustrations take over and people let off steam.

Spinless and gutless? Against Soham (and following other matches) I actually thought they were pretty accurate. Lets just hope such words are never needed again though, that surely would appeasde all

5back to back wins Empty Re: back to back wins Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:59 pm

MH

DB wrote:
lord lucan wrote: I dont know where you've come from pal,i guess you've only seen 1 or 2 games
have there say.
Lord L. Rolling Eyes

Thats not very nice LL, Everyones allowed an opinion & it is their 1st post !

And the managers public comments didn't lay very well with me either

Again, whilst almost unprecedented, I thought, on reflection anyway that Mark was absolutley right to come out as he did and say what he did. I think we were owed an apology to be fair

Whilst one can never say with any confidence that his words had the intended result, back to back victories suggest if nothing else that they did at least get the required response

Or maybe its just me ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum