Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

comings and goings

+5
Oldie
Mark Eaton
Imp
Old Plumb
mrfish
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1comings and goings Empty comings and goings Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:21 pm

mrfish

Any news on players?Have we kept players from last season ?Is there any new players arriving?Have we got a team for coming season?We might like to hear something coming out of our club!!

2comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi all, I have heard that Craig Henny is fit and ready to go, and Gareth Price is fed up sitting on the bench. We will have a reserve side in the Capital league this season , which is played mainly in the evening and was suggested to us by Wealdstone F.C., who find it a great back up to the first team. C.U. down there Bas.

3comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:25 pm

Imp

As with all clubs, there will be comings and goings before the season starts. Heard that Meady may be moving to a club nearer home (Dunstable was mentioned). He would be a big loss I reckon.

4comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:20 am

Mark Eaton

To update you all every member of last years squad have been invited back along with several new players. We have been very active in discussions with all the players and written communication went out this week.

We are having a player presentation night on 28th June to outline our plans in preperation for pre season training which starts on 2nd July. Regular updates will appear on the main site once players have signed.

Cheers
Mark

5comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:54 am

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Nice one Mark and staff,enjoy your rest for the next few weeks, Bas.

6comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Oldie

It's very quiet on here at the moment so here's a starter.
Let's get the back 4 right and for me once again Darbs and Ben need to be at the heart of things with Steve behind them. The search should be on for a creative central midfielder who is capable of holding the ball up and bringing wide men into play and who is as comfortable playing short smart passes as trying for the killer ball. We then need at least one wide player who cam take people on and get to the byeline to cross the ball. Last season once we lost Gareth and Blake we found that difficult until the very last few games when we found the young lad who played wide and was very effective. Sorry I have forgotten his name but he scored a good goal in the last game i think.
The major problem seems to me as always the issue of finding a quality goalscorer. Ricky has absolutely bags of talent and would make my side but only on condition that he works hard with a coach to learn how to deal with offside. I know that his game is all about living on the last shoulder but he must accept that he gets caught too often and then moans when the linesmen are right (usually)this then means he doesn't get the right decisions later on because he has given them a hard time.
We then need to set the team up to play the ball on the ground and to develop a passing game.We have in Darbs and Ben 2 centre backs who are confident in passing the ball and who can distribute the ball well wide as well as bringing centre midfield into play. I am not sure that they need to always have a defensive midfielder sitting in front of them either. It may be better to begin each game with a more expansive midfield approach and only revert to a defensive midfielder if necessary.
I would alsolike to see our full backs overlapping more than they do at the moment. Too often they are delivering balls to the attackers from very deep which means that the strikers always have their back to goal rather than latching on to crosses.
If we can resolve all that Mark we will win the League, the Cups, and get into the European Cup versus Barcelona!!!
In all seriousness though we can play good football and still win in this league. We don't have to lump it forward at every opportunity.
Good luck in searching for the right players and in keeping the main men from last season as the foundations.

7comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:19 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

Mark Eaton wrote:To update you all every member of last years squad have been invited back along with several new players. We have been very active in discussions with all the players and written communication went out this week.

We are having a player presentation night on 28th June to outline our plans in preperation for pre season training which starts on 2nd July. Regular updates will appear on the main site once players have signed.

Cheers
Mark

Is that all the players from the squad at the end of the season or throughout the whole of the season as I am probably not the only one who would have serious reservations about the likes of Dean Brennan ever coming back! Rolling Eyes

And on the subject of updates, will we also be informed regularly of anyone who chooses not to sign for us aswell or do we wait for other teams to release their new signings lists to find out??

Just because I've written it doesn't mean that either you or I have to believe it. Wink

8comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:21 pm

DB

DB

I saw Mark down the club earlier & he told me that Jon Douglas, Jon Derby & Sid will not be with us this coming season, thanks for your time fellas Sad . On a positive note I did notice Ben & Ricky & Ricardo down there training (amongst many others) cheers

9comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

hi all, Kieron Schmidt was training and looking good, Smithy was there aswell, should see the extent of the old and new to night, 7.00 k o on outside pitch dont forget, c u down there,Bas

10comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:14 pm

DB

DB

Wow, what a turn out that was!Plenty of new faces that need looking at again, ones that spring to mind left sided att/mid, right att/mid, centre mid, & him with the hair that scored,there must be at least another whole team of players that we've never ever seen kick a ball yet,looks very promising cheers
Ben,Greg,Ricky & Keiran have all told me they are staying , good lads Very Happy

11comings and goings Empty FC promise more signings Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:52 am

DB

DB

Excerpts Taken from todays BH

But more signings could be on the way as ex Enfield player Ben Hammond,Dunstable's Luke Flood and Matt Hall ,are all still on trail.
" We are still in negotiations with some more senior players and are looking at others on trail" - ME

The nine players that have signed so far are Steve Smith,Liam Watson,Ashley Smith,Danny Mead,Ben Stevens,Greg Williams,Jack Thompson,Kieran Schmidt,Ricky Miller,Daniel Parsons,Lemar Simpson & Jeanmal Prosper. Eaton is also hoping to add Ryan Blake to that list if an agreement can be reached with Hemel Hempstead.

I also see that Scatts has left us for the Bedfordshire Aylesbury & saved a penalty last night ... good luck with that & well done.

12comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Lab

DB wrote:Excerpts Taken from todays BH

But more signings could be on the way as ex Enfield player Ben Hammond,Dunstable's Luke Flood and Matt Hall ,are all still on trail.
" We are still in negotiations with some more senior players and are looking at others on trail" - ME

The nine players that have signed so far are Steve Smith,Liam Watson,Ashley Smith,Danny Mead,Ben Stevens,Greg Williams,Jack Thompson,Kieran Schmidt,Ricky Miller,Daniel Parsons,Lemar Simpson & Jeanmal Prosper. Eaton is also hoping to add Ryan Blake to that list if an agreement can be reached with Hemel Hempstead.

I also see that Scatts has left us for the Bedfordshire Aylesbury & saved a penalty last night ... good luck with that & well done.

This Ben Hammond? http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/players/ben-hammond/

13comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:17 pm

Bring back, Nathan Graham!

14comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:45 pm

DB

DB

Did he look like this ? http://www.flickr.com/photos/jancyclops/4889716932/in/photostream

15comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:09 am

groundhog

Not a bad game on Tuesday against Thame , but I think we need to start sorting through the players soon, there's definately a lot of potential , but im not sure if they are ready yet, are their anymore experienced players coming in as I think we might struggle with what we have at the moment.

16comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:25 pm

DB

DB

14.07.2011 Management Update Our first two fixtures against Risborough Rangers and Bucks CC will predominately for new players and trialists but we will be giving both games the respect they deserve and I am sure the players involved will be keen to show they should be in our final squad. Our plan is to choose the squad that we will aim to start the season after our friendly with Stevenage.

We still have 4 games left & 3 weeks till the season starts & we really only lost Derbs & Sid as JD was used as a utility player, plenty of time cheers

17comings and goings Empty Bits and pieces Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:18 pm

Oldie

Sad news about Ashley. Does anyone know how he is?

Good result against Stevenage I see. What was the game like and how is the team shaping up.

I see that Jon Darby has joined Gareth Price back at Bedford and that they beat Luton 1-0 in a friendly today with Gareth Price scoring.

18comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:09 pm

DB

DB

I thought it was a very entertaining game for a 0-0, some nice passing & movement, should have had a penalty for a foul on Ricky but I'm sure everyone was pleased with the performance. Glad to hear that our "old boys" are doing well
Steve Smith, maybe he's weighing up his options, as it looks like our management are doing the same for the number 1 shirt Wink

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/topic/164856-goalkeeper/page__pid__1742827#entry1742827

19comings and goings Empty Re: comings and goings Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:41 am

groundhog

Good luck to Steve Smith, Gareth Price and John Darby at their new clubs, well done Gareth for a great goal from what I hear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum