Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fom the FA com

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fom the FA com Empty Fom the FA com Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:44 am

roka

roka

The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON
Chesham lie in wait
By Lyall Thomas - Tuesday, 29 September, 2009

Aylesbury and Wingate & Finchley replay this evening.

Aylesbury v Wingate & Finchley
The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON
Second Round Qualifying replay
7.45pm, Tuesday 29 September 2009
Haywoods Way, Aylesbury FC

The prospect of Chesham United in the next round will have both these sides chomping at the bit ahead of this Second Round Qualifying replay.

Not only will Aylesbury crave a local derby but Wingate & Finchley manager David Norman used to play under current Chesham boss Andy Leese in a Wealdstone side featuring the Leeds forward, Jermaine Beckford.

Norman is relishing the possibility of facing his former manager but, with added incentives for both sides, he concedes it will take Wingate's best performance to get there.

"I'd love the chance to get one over Andy," he said.

"I know him very well and speak to him every week. We drew with Chesham in pre-season but Aylesbury are the only team I'm thinking about now. They'll have a local derby if they progress so they'll be doing everything they can to win.

"They're a very good side. We respect them, but we believe we can get a result if we turn in our best performance."

On Saturday, Aylesbury stole an 81st minute equaliser after the home-side led 2-1 at the interval, with former Watford pro Leon Fisher notching both goals.

Wingate should have won after enjoying the majority of possession but Aylesbury's tireless graft left Norman and his side disappointed.

"We had more chances in the second-half but their keeper made some great saves and their centre-backs never gave up. I've never seen so many last-ditch tackles. They put us under pressure and made if very difficult but I'm pleased with our performance."

Wingate have reached the Third Round Qualifying only once in their history, when they were knocked out after a 5-0 thrashing at the hands of Ilkeston Town in 1999.

2Fom the FA com Empty Re: Fom the FA com Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:39 am

roka

roka

And from today.

Aylesbury FC have set up a Buckinghamshire derby against Chesham United after beating Wingate & Finchley 2-1 in their FA Cup replay on Tuesday night. Nathan Graham scored the winning goal for Aylesbury in the 35th minute, after Craig Henney’s early opener had been equalised by Wingate & Finchley.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum