Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Squad strengthening

+6
Pris_Ris_Scott
mrfish
Afc4life
Jordystallafcdrummer
Imp
DB
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Squad strengthening  Empty Squad strengthening Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:17 pm

DB

DB

Thought I'd mention that I think this strengthening/rebuild is going very well, and very quickly. We seem to have competition for nearly all positions, another centre back wouldn't go amiss and perhaps another tough midfielder, other than that I think we are about there. What does anyone else think    ?

2Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:10 pm

Imp

DB wrote:Thought I'd mention that I think this strengthening/rebuild is going very well, and very quickly. We seem to have competition for nearly all positions, another centre back wouldn't go amiss and perhaps another tough midfielder, other than that I think we are about there. What does anyone else think    ?
I wonder where the money is coming from!Question 

3Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Jordystallafcdrummer

Completely agree with you DB, I think we have a strong squad in all positions, the cover for cb comes in the assistant manager who we have now, he played against uxbridge

4Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:14 pm

DB

DB

Embarassed I forgot about Perks!

"I wonder where the money is coming from!Question "

I see that you seem to know about our budget and what our players are on, perhaps you could share your knowledge with us Imp Rolling Eyes

5Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Jordystallafcdrummer

Remember there have been more players leaving the club than brought it, including some of the possible big earnings so to say such as Brian and davis haule, Jerome, royanne, Leon Gordon, Rhys Marshall, kwasi, lee grant and so on

6Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Afc4life

True, a lot of players coming in to the club to boost numbers in the squad. Another tough midfielder needed I see someone has said.......we've had a few of those this season and they've not been wanted for some reason or other. Davis Haule was let go by the previous manager, Jack Thompson???? Kwasi Frempong seems not to be wanted by the current manager as his picture is no longer on the website. Does that mean he's gone? Wouldn't one or all of these players not improve the squad?
They were all tough tackling but could also pass forwards and create openings.

7Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:24 pm

I think it's all very exciting, fans will hopefully be looking forward to games with optimism and enthusiasm instead of thinking "hope it's not another bloody spanking today".

8Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:26 pm

mrfish

may-be players have gone since the new boss has arrived because they didnt like his 100% effort attitude or dicipline

9Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:32 pm

DB

DB

Sean Sonner last night agreed terms and joins The Moles to renew his strike partnership with Danny Burnell Very Happy Very Happy

10Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

DB wrote:Sean Sonner last night agreed terms and joins The Moles to renew his strike partnership with Danny Burnell Very Happy Very Happy
read that in BH earlier, all very very exciting

11Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Will afc

Scott mate u down Saturday ?

12Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

Will afc wrote:Scott mate u down Saturday ?
yes mate, am doing some overtime at the office over here in harefield during the morning, but made it clear i need to be off in time to be back in aylesbury for 3pm, so "should" be at HayWay on time.

13Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Will afc

Brilliant Scott , not a game to miss this weekend , I reckon plenty banter on its way ,

14Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:02 pm

mrfish

Looking good,if we have no injuries or sickness ,should be able to have a damn good go at kettering

15Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:37 pm

wellwisher

DB wrote:Sean Sonner last night agreed terms and joins The Moles to renew his strike partnership with Danny Burnell Very Happy Very Happy
For those that don't know much about Sean Sonner, when playing for Slough he became a firm fans favourite due to his closing down of opposition players and his general hard work and sheer effort around the pitch.

He appears to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic at times! and does like a moan but nobody can level at him that he doesn't try,as he tries his best every game[unlike some].
He's not as natural a goal-poacher as Danny Burnell is but does pop up with important goals and is certainly a competent striker with whoever he links up with. Not the tallest or the most robust forward but one who isn't afraid to tackle.

Another good signing for The Moles.

16Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Will afc

Thanks well wisher ,

Do u think slough will go up this season ?

17Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:32 pm

wellwisher

Will afc wrote:Thanks well wisher ,

Do u think slough will go up this season ?
I would love it to happen and think we will make the play-offs but I think we may be a bit short from making it as Champions or runners-up this season,though I am impressed with our joint managers Neil Baker and Jon Underwood and the spirit/teamwork in the squad.Not seen any other side to worry about yet either.On our day we will turn most sides over in this division but maybe it is a tall ask in the new managers maiden season with us.We will have to wait and see.

I like Steve Bateman football philosophy[passing football] and as a man he seems extremely nice but do think the time was right for Slough to have a change of management and style [after his 4 and a half seasons at the club].

On a positive note for Aylesbury, I think Steve is the right man to come in and stabilise your team and move them up the table.He has excellent contacts within the game and has a wide knowledge of players around our level,and above and from the lower leagues.
He sorted out Slough who were in the same boat as Aylesbury find themselves now,when he arrived at our club and definitely moved our team on from being relegation fodder.

Best of luck to your team [apart from when Slough play you] !

18Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Will afc

Thank u ,

I wish we had this squad we got now and batemen in beginning of season , next yr we will challenge I hope ,

Best of luck to you , but we will be taking points off ya I'm afraid lol Wink

19Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:09 pm

wellwisher

Will afc wrote:Thank u ,

I wish we had this squad we got now and batemen in beginning of season , next yr we will challenge I hope ,

Best of luck to you , but we will be taking points off ya I'm afraid lol Wink

To be honest,Will afc, Slough could do with out playing Steve Bateman's Aylesbury side in the latter part of this season.
I'm hoping you will have climbed the table by then but are not chasing play offs or have the threat of relegation hanging over you, so that it makes our task of beating Aylesbury somewhat easier,as you won't have as much to play for,as all these ex-Slough players will definitely want to put one over the new Slough team,that's for sure.

Must admit that Steve Bateman's Slough assembled squads over the seasons are still very much dear to my heart and that getting an affinity to the new Slough and all the ex Goldalming players we have now,has taken some time to get. Also some of your recent signings are players who were among my favourites.

However,it's the current players that wear the Slough shirt that obviously will get my support but if our games between each other has no consequences to Slough's promotion push,I'd be happy with a draw! and I don't say that, often ! ! !

20Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Will afc

I think your a secret Afc fab well wisher ,

I'd absolutely love us to be in top ten this season , would mean a massive turn in fortunes though.

I think majority of slough fans will come to us when play us at home ,
I thought last year was slough year but what what ever reason just did not happen for u guys ,

Just a question for you, how many home fans do you get home matches ?

21Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:51 pm

wellwisher

Will afc wrote:I think your a secret Afc fab well wisher ,

I'd absolutely love us to be in top ten this season , would mean a massive turn in fortunes though.

I think majority of slough fans will come to us when play us at home ,
I thought last year was slough year but what what ever reason just did not happen for u guys ,

Just a question for you, how many home fans do you get home matches ?

On average about 250.Usually get about 80 to 100 travelling away more or less,dependent on distance.I hope to attend your home match against Slough.
Of course we have quite a large fan base from our Conference days but most of them only turn up for the glory games ie FA Cup games against league teams or a play-off match.When we had our own ground in Slough,we had a hardcore of about 500 but obviously that's now dwindled.[800-1,000 in the Conference].

Think you are right that a lot of Slough fans will be up for coming to your ground,given your ex Slough contingent.

Funny enough I've always likened Slough's fanbase to clubs Farnborough,Chesham and not being facetious,Aylesbury United
[before your club was the entity it is now obviously].
Even though,I know there is fierce rivalry between the two Aylesbury clubs now, I still believe under one banner you'd be a big force in non-league football again and would galvanise the town and the support.

22Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:37 am

Will afc

Well wisher what's the issue regarding slough actually moving back to there home town , is it money ?the council being difficult ? I reckon your attendences would double if moved back home ,

Afc and united I can't ever see being one club and to be honest I wouldn't want that everything that Afc have achieved on there own merit ,
We need to hit the town hard in getting more fans don't get me wrong it has increased but still should be getting 3oo a home match , sure attendences would improve for us if we had a good fa cup run next season or challenge for promotion next season ,

23Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:35 am

DB

DB

wellwisher wrote:

He appears to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic at times!  
Sounds like he will fit right in then Laughing

24Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:25 pm

wellwisher

Will afc wrote:Well wisher what's the issue regarding slough actually moving back to there home town , is it money ?the council being difficult ? I reckon your attendences would double if moved back home ,

Afc and united I can't ever see being one club and  to be honest I wouldn't want that everything that Afc have achieved on there own merit ,
We need to hit the town hard in getting more fans don't get me wrong it has increased but still should be getting 3oo a home match , sure attendences would improve for us if we had a good fa cup run next season or challenge for promotion next season ,

The problem for the club currently appears to be a political one.
We have an area in the town identified for development and the plans all drawn up for the stadium but the council are dragging their feet it appears.It's a very complicated situation and now the current government have become involved,as the area that the club wish to develop for an excellent community stadium/complex and housing for the local populace, is a now defunct school but other religious school governing bodies want the site to be for their school.
It's further complicated by our old Wexham Park Stadium still being there,even though it hasn't had any thing to do with Slough Town FC for at least 10 years to my reckoning[different ownership].There's a bit more to this story,too but don't want to bore you.

What pisses me off [and I expect it pisses millions of people off in this country] is the futile squabbling between the political parties, which brings about a total stalemate and thus fails to address the proper issues and needs of the real community in which we all live.

Basically it's David Cameron's Big Society scheme failing to work because of politicians !!! [would put LOL but it just isn't funny].

25Squad strengthening  Empty Re: Squad strengthening Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Will afc

Bloody pen pushers eh ,

Hopefully one day your get there , you have certainly got the fan base to match teams in calor prem division

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum