Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barton today

+4
DB
coach
Pris_Ris_Scott
mikefarquharson
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Barton today  Empty Barton today Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Will afc

Another win another clean sheet
Thought at times today we was bloody good even with 3 or 4 key players missing ,
We are a decent striker away from being a top side in this league,

The make shift defence coped well under the cosh for last 10 min,

1,0 win for us was a fair result , well done lads

2Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:21 pm

coach

coach

Certainly looking a hard side to beat.Team are well set up not to concede and work ethics are good.Like will says just need a striker..roll on united..

3Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:44 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Thought the approach play upto 65 minutes was excellent. Should have been out of sight BUT at just 1-0 up started to sit back and Barton did pressurise. Need to put the chances away, someone will get a good beating!!!!

4Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Will afc

We won't give a team a good beating till get a quality striker that's my opinion ,
But yeah team was very professional today , hope David o conner is alright looked nasty facial injury

5Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:52 pm

DB

DB

Woo hoo another 3 points and only a point off the play offs, I'm loving this! Once again we should have slaughtered them in the first half, they really upped their game in the second and although we had plenty of chances, I felt we were hanging on at the end.
Some good individual performances will be giving Steve a headache. We have all the fire power we need, I'm sure they are aware they've got to get their fingers out and are holding us back. Burnell benched today, Lynton pushing hard for a place, Price just coming back to fitness. Like you say Mike a good thrashing is on the cards. I'm starting to hope we scrape through Monday now  pirat

6Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Will afc

That's good to give Steve a head ache , we was missing 3 key players today as well , who I reckon will get back straight into starting 11 when fit ,

Agree we got strikers but still think we need 1 more decent striker personally ,

7Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:15 pm

DB

DB

I thought Connors brother signed, he's been warming up or is he another centre back Question

8Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Will afc

Attacking mid I think ,DB

Just think this time last season we had no points now look at us, looking hard to beat , creating chances, and drum
Boys making a racket - love it

9Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:33 pm

DB

DB

We finished last season with what a lot of us considered to be a top ten team, Steve has since added to that, how well do you think he has added?

10Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Will afc

Kyle Anthony in defence has been superb easily best signing this summer
David o conner looked decent at times and nervous at times ,
Dan murphy I reckon best left back in division , once we get a fully fit And settled side we will be quality I reckon

11Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:59 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Just think who didn't play today. Ben Stevens, James Weatherill, Danny Murphy, Adam Logie, Sean Sonner, Danny Burnell, Jamie Rudd and Sam Bateman! we have assembled a pretty decent squad

12Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:01 am

Phil22

We played well most of the match, but there were somes that I was shutting my eyes. But overall good character to finish the game with a win.

Thought Hogg did well covering at right back.

But have to mention Kyle Anthony's clearance of the line

13Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:25 am

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

i think barton will be gutted they didnt come away the winners yesterday

still not sure why their free kick goal was disallowed and retaken, they hit the bar at the end, and we some how cleared off the line a chance that you would have put your on house on them to score from.

still, whilst luck was on our side in those instances, the improvement we showed form tuesday in general play was fantastic. biggest complaint is that we turned off in the last 1/3 of the game, but really otherwise we showed a lot of decent football otherwise.

onwards and upwards and lets keep winning

cheers  come on you moles

14Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:45 pm

coach

coach

Said a few weeks ago that the squad is very strong but need a striker and Steve can almost put anyone in and they will do a job..could not have said that last year at same time..Believe Weatherill the better option in goal..Warrington at times is an accident waiting to happen.

15Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:27 pm

DB

DB

Warro's kept 2 clean sheets and hes not match fit yet, will Murphy come straight back in ? Baker looks at the top of his game at the moment. I just hope all our players are all prepared to fight for a place, I've only got Anthony and Logie as nailed on starters so far.

16Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Phil22

Goal disallowed as red blew whistle before free kick was taken, as 2 players wrestling each other

17Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Will afc

For me DB, logie , Anthony , Wadkins , price and Stevens will be starters week in week out when fit

18Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:21 pm

wellwisher

coach wrote:Said a few weeks ago that the squad is very strong but need a striker and Steve can almost put anyone in and they will do a job..could not have said that last year at same time..Believe Weatherill the better option in goal..Warrington at times is an accident waiting to happen.

Think you're being harsh on James Warrington,Coach,after only two games.Give him regular games and he will come good.Two seasons ago he was one of the best keepers in the Central division but he's been bloody unlucky with injury and missing out to other keepers at Hayes,Harrow and Slough but not because he isn't good enough.That said,James Weatheril has been a brilliant discovery for you.You're lucky to have two quality keepers to call on.

Can understand the notion that you're one striker away from a very decent side. Danny Burnell will bang in goals in the Central division.He's a natural goal poacher. Along side Sean Sonner they played fairly regularly together at Slough.Sean is excellent at closing down defenders and working hard up front.He can score great goals but is not prolific. Steve Bateman favoured those two upfront a lot for Slough but that got a mixed reaction from the fans.Many of us felt they were both too small to be that effective but not every fan thought that.

I think your squad is shaping up well.Danny Murphy wiill definitely be a regular starter.He's a class left bacK or left wing back.

19Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:25 pm

wellwisher

Will afc wrote:For me DB, logie , Anthony , Wadkins , price and Stevens will be starters week in week out when fit

Plus Murphy!

20Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:38 pm

Will afc

Agree with murphy well wisher , he's been class since he joined us , shame he got injured at hanwell

21Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:12 am

coach

coach

Well wisher- can only comment on what I have seen..yes two clean sheets but fortunate in my eyes from Warringtons displays.Hope he does improve..I don't wish him bad luck..Believe anthony,Price,Stevens,murphy,wadkins,Weatherill,Logie are all 1st picks for me.

22Barton today  Empty Re: Barton today Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:13 am

Jordystallafcdrummer

I would have to say certain players in the team would be kyle Antony, price, Murphy, Wadkins, weatherhill, logie and if it's true, Sweeney when he comes readily available. I would have to agree with you coach, he looks out of place, yes he has done well keeping clean sheets, but I would be much more reassured when weatherhill is back!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum