Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

New signings

+4
Lab
Old Plumb
DB
Pris_Ris_Scott
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New signings Empty New signings Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:36 pm

mrfish

Great to see some signings announced,good to see JJ on board,dont know to much about this irish fella  Montgomery. (salts) Laughing

2New signings Empty Re: New signings Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:18 pm

DB

DB

Three more in, glad to see Ben back, Jordan one of our u18s returning, made a cracking last ditch tackle on Ed Smith last season in the 0-0 v Leighton at our place. Watford Mark is a big fan. I don't know Victor but if we are signing him without seeing him kick a ball, someone at our place must rate him very highly. Only the 8th of July and it looks like the defence could be sorted already, (guess we are not taking Collard this season then Wink )
5 signed (not including D&G) seems things are going very well, keep it up fellas cheers

3New signings Empty Re: New signings Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:17 pm

mrfish

Good too see Ben.B. re-sign for us, I think he stepped up a gear or two mid way through last season,something seemed to click into place for him .Do not know anything about Martin Griggs ,hope he can step up leagues ok, still need a keeper though

4New signings Empty Re: New signings Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:12 pm

DB

DB

I'm pleased to see BB back, he's a useful squad player and he's only young, I think it will do him the world of good to lose the "managers son" tag.
I don't know Griggs but for the last 12-18 months I've heard quite a lot of chat about him, rumors that SB amongst others were interested in him last season but he was happy where he was, everyone tells me he's sh*t hot and will easily step up, he may well be our best signing and the leagues leading scorer Cool

5New signings Empty Re: New signings Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:31 pm

mrfish

Just had a look at the squad thats listed so far,16/7 and i see Rob Tomlin listed. When is he going to the states Question

6New signings Empty Re: New signings Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:25 am

Think Steve Bateman did very well but really there wasn't a massive change from Faulconbridge's team. Only really decent player SB brought in was Bradley Wadkins but what we also needed that never arrived was a decent striker.

I really welocme news of signings that the new managers are making. I think the club needs a complete clearout.

I'm much more poptimisitic about this than last season. C'mon FC!

7New signings Empty Re: New signings Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:36 pm

DB

DB

I disagree with nearly all you wrote Jools Laughing
Steve brought in a whole new defence and GK with the exception of Ben, think it would be easier to say who stayed from Craigs team 5 or 6 out of the whole squad would be my guess, same as this season by the look of things. Needed a goalscorer? I thought that was resolved with Pricey and Hauley!
Not so sure what poptimisitic means but it sounds like optimistic. In the previous two seasons I have expected us to finish higher than we did, I don't expect us to finish that high this year.
What I do really like is the award winners we are bringing in, managers, fans, and players player, clearly these type of players bring qualities that some of us feel our squads have been lacking in.

C'mon FC ! cheers

8New signings Empty Re: New signings Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

absoloutly delighted with martin griggs coming on board.

i know we courted him before last season, but he declined to continue with Risborough Rangers. im not sure whats changed his mind this time, but im so pleased something has.

i know a couple of guys involved with risborough and griggs was their absoloute star man - his goal record is incredible. when i see them next i suspect they'll be gutted.

was a bit doom and gloom about brian and gareth leaving but for me, on paper, we have the greatest replacement possible in griggs for a goal scorer. i hope he fits into the team and keeps that form he's shown in the league below.

9New signings Empty Re: New signings Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:55 pm

DB wrote:
What I do really like is the award winners we are bringing in, managers, fans, and players player, clearly these type of players bring qualities that some of us feel our squads have been lacking in.

Glass half empty

10New signings Empty Re: New signings Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:35 pm

DB

DB

New signings Jacko11

I'll ave arf!

11New signings Empty Re: New signings Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:57 am

mrfish

Where is the glass Laughing

12New signings Empty Re: New signings Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:31 pm

DB wrote:I disagree with nearly all you wrote Jools Laughing
Steve brought in a whole new defence and GK with the exception of Ben, think it would be easier to say who stayed from Craigs team 5 or 6 out of the whole squad would be my guess, same as this season by the look of things. Needed a goalscorer? I thought that was resolved with Pricey and Hauley!
Not so sure what poptimisitic means but it sounds like optimistic. In the previous two seasons I have expected us to finish higher than we did, I don't expect us to finish that high this year.

C'mon FC ! cheers

We'll remember this post at the end of the season. Make mine half a mild.

13New signings Empty Re: New signings Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:11 pm

DB

DB

I'm struggling to understand why you see my post as being negative Jools?
I'm suggesting that we have signed players that are coachable and hopefully will listen to what is asked of them for the sake of the team instead of doing what they want, for example as good as Pricey was he will never win managers or players player of the year while ever he's got a hole in his arse!

14New signings Empty Re: New signings Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Great signing in Lammy, he was one of the best players we had until he progressed to Chesham,that's if it is our Mark Lambert,great signing if it is him.O P.

15New signings Empty Re: New signings Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:08 am

Lab

Old Plumb wrote:Great signing in Lammy, he was one of the best players we had until he progressed to Chesham,that's if it is our Mark Lambert,great signing if it is him.O P.

Has he signed now then?

16New signings Empty Re: New signings Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:23 pm

brownie

brownie

Lab wrote:
Old Plumb wrote:Great signing in Lammy, he was one of the best players we had until he progressed to Chesham,that's if it is our Mark Lambert,great signing if it is him.O P.

Has he signed now then?

Not 100% sure but i don't think he has at the moment

17New signings Empty Re: New signings Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:28 pm

mrfish

LOL Laughing

18New signings Empty Re: New signings Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:37 pm

limprib81

limprib81

He has signed Very Happy

19New signings Empty Re: New signings Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:59 pm

DB

DB

Is that a faint whiff of play offs I can smell drifting up from Quarrendon ? Cool

20New signings Empty Re: New signings Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:11 pm

limprib81

limprib81

DB wrote:Is that a faint whiff of play offs I can smell drifting up from Quarrendon ? Cool

Sure its not the sewage plant from Rabans Lane? lol!

21New signings Empty Re: New signings Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:29 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Looks a strong squad, good mix of older and younger players involved, O P.

22New signings Empty Re: New signings Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Looking forward to seeing this team this season. Think Kieron Turner could be the best player at this club since Bradley Wadkins

23New signings Empty Re: New signings Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:05 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Should be a good test tomorrow at Hemel.

24New signings Empty Re: New signings Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:17 pm

brownie

brownie

Thorny-D wrote:Should be a good test tomorrow at Hemel.

Hemel did you mean berkhampstead

25New signings Empty Re: New signings Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:41 am

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

brownie wrote:
Thorny-D wrote:Should be a good test tomorrow at Hemel.

Hemel did you mean berkhampstead

Embarassed Yes, I did indeed mean Berkhamstead.

I'm always getting those two mixed up,,d'oh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum