Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Danny - Mr Chairman

+4
limprib81
Old Plumb
Marcphotographer
mikefarquharson
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Danny - Mr Chairman Empty Danny - Mr Chairman Fri May 05, 2017 3:33 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

It's been a difficult day today today for everyone associated with the club both now and in the past and more especially for his family, all of whom I have got to know over the past 8 odd years.

What can you say about Mr Chairman? larger than life, annoying, funny, big hearted, kind, driven and always generous. He was Mr Aylesbury FC and I for one will find it hard next time we go onto the pitch not to hear Danny cheering the boys on, criticising from the touchline and kicking every ball with them. His banter with supporters and referees is legendary but alas no more.

He was my friend and I will miss him

2Danny - Mr Chairman Empty Re: Danny - Mr Chairman Fri May 05, 2017 6:09 pm

As with Mike, I came to the club knowing few people and it was Danny who extended the hand of friendship to me and also to many others to come and join in the building of his football club. This great little club is testament to his hard work and determination. His family and friends should be extremely proud of the effort he put in and the many lives he touched for the better.

Thoughts with family and friends

3Danny - Mr Chairman Empty Re: Danny - Mr Chairman Sat May 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Marcphotographer

Marcphotographer

I can very vaguely remember Danny from my days in the Belgrave Utd U11's, before I hung my boots in my prime at the age of 10. My dad tells me how he would be shouting from the touchlines to make this pass, get in that position. A man who will be remembered as someone who gave a lot to local football.

This is no more evident than in Aylesbury FC, a club that is in a stable position in Non league football with Dannys support, ambition and desire!

I think it would be a great idea to have a pre-season tournament in his name, with some local sides invited along, in honour of his contribution to local football. Could be in the format of the Jartazi cup from last year. Or perhaps a testemonial match with old FC players invited along? Just a thought for now.

http://www.marckeinch.com

4Danny - Mr Chairman Empty Re: Danny - Mr Chairman Sat May 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Brilliant idea for a testimonial Marc, the big man will enjoy this from above, O P.

5Danny - Mr Chairman Empty Twitter picture Sat May 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

The Twitter picture shown shows how much he was loved and respected , what a great testament to what Danny was about, O P.

6Danny - Mr Chairman Empty Re: Danny - Mr Chairman Sun May 07, 2017 12:26 pm

limprib81

limprib81

Aylesbury has lost a true legend, Dan was a character...his passion for the club and his family were second to none. He has impacted on all our lives, its thanks to him I could play football with friends as a kid and now I share a solid group of friends thanks to Danny's commitment to this football club.

You will be missed Mr Chairman, you will be celebrated, you will never be forgotten.

7Danny - Mr Chairman Empty Re: Danny - Mr Chairman Mon May 08, 2017 7:54 am

coach

coach

Pre season tournament would be a great idea in memory of the great man.Danny always wanted a tournament.Last year worked well.

8Danny - Mr Chairman Empty Re: Danny - Mr Chairman Mon May 08, 2017 12:57 pm

Steve Bateman

Having managed the club in recent times I can only echo what many have said and written on social media in the past few days since Danny's passing. I got to know Danny very well and loved my time working with him as we sought to move his beloved Aylesbury FC forwards together. He gave me his total support and put heart and soul into all he did at the club and never ceased to make me laugh and smile along the way with his humour and quick remarks.
I will always remember the moment we shared privately when we beat a very good Chesham United in the Berks and Bucks Final at Windsor last year and the words he said to me and the absolute delight on his face.
Sadly taken too young and certainly never forgotten.
RIP Mr Chairman

9Danny - Mr Chairman Empty Re: Danny - Mr Chairman Tue May 09, 2017 9:31 am

oneclubinaylesbury

Great words Steve.

Shows what is great about non-league / lower-league football when the Chairman are supporters of the club who generally put in hundreds of voluntary hours behind the scenes just to keep the club afloat (not to mention their own money). That is proper football.

Think the stand should be named in Danny's honour as well

10Danny - Mr Chairman Empty Re: Danny - Mr Chairman Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:04 am

DB

DB

I can't believe it's only been 9 months  Shocked , I'm sure he's smiling down on some of us. Like a Star @ heaven

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum