Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non Merger

+2
Jordan Stallwood
mikefarquharson
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Non Merger Empty Non Merger Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:10 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Just read the club statement re ground share etc... have to say all “banter” apart I think it is a shame that the two clubs can’t work together, both are obviously stuggeling and this has to be a mistake in my opinion

2Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:41 pm

DB

DB

I'm sure as one of the instigators of it Mike you are very disappointed. I however am delighted, I'd rather watch us play SSMLD2  than let the d*cks share.
COYM cheers

3Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:06 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Good luck funding it Basketball

4Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it wouldn't be a merger, it'd end up being a takeover.

Once United have got one foot back in town, I'm 100% certain they will stoop to anything to keep themselves here, by hook or crook and at F.C's expense.

Weather you loved him or hated him, Aylesbury F.C is Danny Martone's club.
He built it from the ground up.
His heart and soul is in it, and I for one would hate for it to be overtaken by any other club that squandered their own fortunes and screwed their own fans.
I'm sorry, but IMHO, even though they have some good, talented players, some of which are really nice guys, Aylesbury United as an entity are rotten to the core.

F**k the Ducks, COYM!!

5Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Jordan Stallwood

I've got to say I have to agree with Mike. You have got to put the best interest of the town into consideration. Surely the club would benefit more from merging. You'll end up having double the volunteers, at least double the crowds which means more spending money and instead of two poor teams who float around the relegation zone you'll have a team which is likely to challenge the top 6 in the league. You'll have a number of people working behind the scenes and a ground at Haywood way with great facilities to help build the club up. For me I'd rather see a joint Aylesbury team doing well than an FC team who will eventually disappear because of people's morals at the club.

6Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:59 pm

As MF says the clubs should have worked together. It would be tough to take but in long run would have been of benefit.

Anyway, thanks FC, it was good fun.

7Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

The thing is, we DO have a number of people working behind the scenes and ground at Haywood Way.
Each and every one fully committed to making Aylesbury FC the best team in the town, which it is.

Even if we were to drop a couple of divisions, and regroup from there, we'd STILL be the highest ranked team in Aylesbury.

If any team are dying and on their last legs, it's United.

I'm personally pleased as punch that the takeover...sorry...merger talk is ,again, dead in the water.
It means that the club, as a whole, can now focus entirely on itself without worrying about the two-bit, past-it, greedy, jealous nomads eyeing up our ground, facilities and talented players.

8Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:19 pm

DB

DB

Since when did we go all soft and d*ck friendly  Question Nothing has changed, we can't help them, they will have to carry on as best they can, not our problem.
 I feel the doom and gloom over all this has been hanging around like a bad smell for months. I'm glad this has come out as I know quite a few fans that have wandered away because of it.

Jordan Stallwood wrote:  For me I'd rather see a joint Aylesbury team doing well than an FC team who will eventually disappear because of people's morals at the club.
The people who share the same morals are the same people who do all the work behind the scenes, without whom you wouldn't have a football club. Not all jobs are fun or even slightly enjoyable.

Hear hear Dave, it's going to be great, we've shaken off all the vultures for a few seasons and our committee have finally grown a pair, well done to them.
COYM  cheers

9Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:21 pm

DB

DB

Thorny-D wrote:
It means that the club, as a whole, can now focus entirely on itself without worrying about the two-bit, past-it, greedy, jealous nomads eyeing up our  ground, facilities and talented players.
Don't hold back Dave, say what you mean Laughing Laughing Very Happy

10Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:22 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

lol!

11Non Merger Empty Non Merger Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:48 pm

Jordan Stallwood

The people who share the same morals are the same people who do all the work behind the scenes, without whom you wouldn't have a football club. Not all jobs are fun or even slightly enjoyable.

In reply to your message I'm not knocking the work people do behind the scenes because many of the people I go to watch FC with have done tremendous amounts of work for the club and have spent many hours doing it.

The point I made was that if the two clubs joined then there would be a team that'd show off the talent of this big town but with there being two separate clubs who aren't exactly lighting the world on fire that talent is being wasted and the majority of it are going elsewhere to play. If both FC and United merged then there would be an opportunity to be playing in higher divisions like local teams Slough and Hemel who have had and are having great success.

Sent from Topic'it App

12Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:13 pm

mrfish

Sounds like a goodbye dial m Shocked

13Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:04 pm

DB

DB

Jordan Stallwood wrote:

The point I made was that if the two clubs joined then there would be a team that'd show off the talent of this big town but with there being two separate clubs who aren't exactly lighting the world on fire that talent is being wasted and the majority of it are going elsewhere to play. If both FC and United merged then there would be an opportunity to be playing in higher divisions like local teams Slough and Hemel who have had and are having great success.

Sent from Topic'it App

I totally get this Jordy, I'm sure everyone does, Aylesbury FC was born with this in mind but for whatever reasons it didn't happen back in 9/10, I believe on several occasions since there have been talks and they have come to nothing just like these latest ones. There is of course a possibility that these are done deliberately to try and destabilise the club.
Everyone has to work with the very best interests of this football club at heart and not for their egos, CVs or inside information for the rumour mill.
It is crap when things don't go the way you want them to go but it happens to all of us.
To quote a regular Mr DM phrase "It is what it is"
cheers

14Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:55 pm

mrfish

What everybody seems too have missed is that the talks that took place in January were all about groundsharing, merging was not on the agenda. Who knows were a sharing of the ground would of led in the years to come?

15Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:01 pm

oneclubinaylesbury

mrfish wrote:What everybody seems too have missed is that the talks that took place in January were all about groundsharing, merging was not on the agenda. Who knows were a sharing of the ground would of led in the years to come?

Fair point. People are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. Aylesbury FC have a ground in town but need additional income streams, Aylesbury United are paying rent money to Chesham to play out of town so there is an obvious fit there. Whether the pitch could take 2 senior teams playing 50+ matches on it a season is another debate, alot of the income could have been swallowed up initially doing renovation works to the pitch.

Personally agree with Mike on this one, shame that it fell down at step 1 of the clubs working closer together. History aside, what are the differences between what the two clubs want to achieve going forward? Surely both want a step 1/2 club playing in the town, infront of 500+ gates, with a team made up of predominantly local players and with a thriving setup around it (boys, girls, disabled, walking football)

16Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Had to giggle at this on the D*cks forum...

"Thorny-D has a very strange idea that we as a club our rotten to the core. Isnt he supposed to be a club official ? Even if he isnt, he really does need to moderate his tone."

Little me? A Club Official? That'll be the day!

I'm just a regular Joe doing his bit, who's loyal to the club, the squad, the Martone girls and Danny.

Nice to be noticed, though.

17Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:04 pm

DB

DB

Funny how things work out, it wasn't that long ago that Mike was public enemy no 1, now he's the voice of reason scratch  

Mike, is it true that you are not involved with FC anymore and have joined another club ?
I'm not sure how many people are aware of this  Shocked

18Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:35 pm

oneclubinaylesbury

Thorny-D wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, it wouldn't be a merger, it'd end up being a takeover.

Once United have got one foot back in town, I'm 100% certain they will stoop to anything to keep themselves here, by hook or crook and at F.C's expense.

Weather you loved him or hated him, Aylesbury F.C is Danny Martone's club.
He built it from the ground up.
His heart and soul is in it, and I for one would hate for it to be overtaken by any other club that squandered their own fortunes and screwed their own fans.
I'm sorry, but IMHO, even though they have some good, talented players, some of which are really nice guys, Aylesbury United as an entity are rotten to the core.

No arguments with the Aylesbury FC / Danny Martone comments (or with your later comments about volunteers and the amount they do behind the scenes - yourself included). Aylesbury United have definitely had some dodgy owners in the past and have heard numerous rumours about dodgy goings-on. To my (limited) knowledge, no one currently involved with the club has been involved with squandering fortunes or screwing over fans - I just wondered what you know about this that others don't?

19Non Merger Empty Re: Non Merger Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Aylesbury United have definitely had some dodgy owners in the past and have heard numerous rumours about dodgy goings-on. To my (limited) knowledge, no one currently involved with the club has been involved with squandering fortunes or screwing over fans - I just wondered what you know about this that others don't?

Maybe it's just me being bitter and bearing a grudge tbh, oneclubinaylesbury.
Like yourself, as far as I know, nobody currently at AUFC is involved with anything dodgy.

I just haven't got over the way we were treated as fans (yes, hard to believe, I was one once!), back when Buckingham Road was sent down the Swanee by Cobra Holdings and that Carroll fella. It was dirty business and I've hated the ducks for selling-out ever since.

I guess old habits die hard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum