Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

what the hell went wrong today

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what the hell went wrong today Empty what the hell went wrong today Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:56 pm

lord lucan

lord lucan

To all the poor buggers that went to Dunstable today,was i dreaming the score or
did we get hammered out of site?
I'd better dig out some old boots and kit ready for tuesday night.Macca do
you think you could try your luck in goal?
Danny dont do a match report for this one please,i might end up sticking my head in the oven.Maybe Mark can get on the site and tell us what went wrong again.We have to start putting a run together soon,as we wont stand a dogs dodar chance of going up.
naffed off lord L. Rolling Eyes

2what the hell went wrong today Empty Todays game Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Macca

Macca

Sorry mate just sent the report through to Ash doesn't make pleasent reading but hey ho!

3what the hell went wrong today Empty Re: what the hell went wrong today Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:12 pm

gloobooner1

Not sure about your "champions elect" asperations on the back of that performnce. Ive seen you twice at Dunstable now and the best i could say is that you look average at worst and workmanlike at best lacking a cutting edge going forward.Not good enough to win the league

4what the hell went wrong today Empty Re: what the hell went wrong today Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Dunstable had 5 shots on target & scored 4 of them ,how often is that going to happen?Tring scored 6 yesterday,so they must have had 6 on target,how many did we have?Grant looks a good edition & im really hoping hes a dirty player thats going to rough up central defenders.With 17 games left & a possible 51 points still avaliable i still believe we are champions elect,role on tuesday its time to see off another pretender to our crown.
Did anyone notice the dunstable footwear?i think they were the new nike wellies cheers cheers

5what the hell went wrong today Empty What went wrong Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Mark Eaton

To answer your question about what went wrong on Saturday:

As you can appreciate both Trevor Matt and myself have thought of nothing else and will try to give you some explanation. Individual errors have cost us dearly and we proved how much we rely on Matt Hayward plus we suffered for the unavailability of others for non football matters. We dominated the first half an hour but didn't work their keeper and I believe their goal was probably the first time they had been in our half and it was a cheap goal to concede, the second showed how vulnerable we can be when we are attacking as one break down the right a quality ball back and 2-0 totally against the run of play. Once we got the goal back I honestly believed we would win the game but cannot legislate for Kevin's error that killed us although I am reliably told that it was way offside. What was more unfortunate is Kevin had a very good game when he came on but that is the margin between winning and loosing a football game. We are also suffering from to many players who are inconsistent which was highlighted from the solid display from some at Leverstock compared to the inept showing at Dunstable. On the plus side Grant Carney showed he will be an important player in these coming months. What I can tell you is that all of the players of Aylesbury FC have been left in no uncertain terms that loosing a game like that with every respect to Dunstable is not acceptable and will jeopardize their long term future at the club.

How do we put this indifferent form behind us?

To many people have worked to hard on and off the field for us to capitulate now, we virtually have the same set of players who were beating teams from higher levels and looking formidable, off the field Danny Martone is doing everything he can to ensure the ground is developed. We have arguably the most talented group of players in this division and we have dominated most games we have played, our players are well looked after and have a great medical team, we have fantastic training facilities at Waddesdon, a good playing budget, and I believe our team will be among the best prepared in the league and are given the right information by the management team to win games. What we have to demonstrate now is how much we want it, show some character and a winning mentality to bounce back from our recent set backs and get the job done. I will take full responsibility for the results, I have assembled a squad of players that I believe have the talent to win this league, it's time for the players to stand up and be counted and show they have the backbone, application and desire to add to their talent. There's a long way to go yet and plenty of points to be won so we must stay positive and believe in ourselves.

Thanks for the support

Mark

6what the hell went wrong today Empty what went wrong Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:23 pm

lord lucan

lord lucan

Thanks for the full and frank explanation on saturdays game Mark,i do hope the
players listen and get back to winning ways on Tuesday night.You have my full
support as always and i will be shouting for the lads against Chalfont.
best wishes,
Lord L.
p.s,
I hope to have the new issue of the Mole ready for Tuesday's match. Laughing

7what the hell went wrong today Empty Re: what the hell went wrong today Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Didn't go Saturday but thought we looked vulnerable to the counter last home game and even remarked to others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum