Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Empty Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:22 pm

amerste

Not the prettiest of games but a cracking goal to decide it by Gareth Price. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Empty Re: Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:24 am

Leon

Leon

As you say it wasn't pretty at all, not helped by either the conditions or the direct, physical style that Leighton play. But it's a tremendous result and what a goal from Price, who for the record I thought was outstanding on the night and never stopped running.

Erith Town of the Kent League away in the First Qualifying Round on the 12th September in case anyone is wondering. I'll be there!

3Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Empty Re: Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:18 am

Gemini

Another great result, well played lads.

http://www.geminicleaningservices.org

4Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Empty Re: Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 am

suggs

I think that was a real tough test last night, Leighton were a very well drilled outfit who played to their physical strengths, I was a little bit concerned in the first 15 minutes when they just seemed first to everything but as the game moved on we seemed to find our feet and created some excellent chances.

One area though that again stood out for me as a problem for Aylesbury is our forwards, is anyone else concerned by their ongoing failure to take their chances or even hit the target? In every game so far this season I have witnessed the same issue. I think I counted 5 occassions last night when they broke clear of the defence to then just scuff a shot.

Man of the match for me (I hope I get the name right) Kevin Smith, absolutely immense game, particularly in the air. Closely followed by Gareth Price for a moment of quality.

Now when do we get to play Manchester United ? Laughing

5Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Empty Re: Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:27 am

amerste

Leighton have to play in that manner to compete in the southern midland league, which is not known for quality passing football.
It's hard to explain why our forwards apart from Craig are not hitting the target as they are all proven goal hunters.
We dont have a Kevin Smith, Steve Smith in goal, but he wouldn't be doing much heading, or Kevin Mealor who replaced the injured Mat at centre back.
Looking foreward to the next round.
As a thought Suggs why dont you buy a programme, it's got all the players names in. lol!

6Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Empty Re: Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:32 pm

suggs

amerste wrote:As a thought Suggs why dont you buy a programme, it's got all the players names in. lol!

The sad thing is I did, but I didn't have it at work when I typed my e-mail..... Embarassed

I meant Kevin Mealor.

7Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Empty Re: Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:26 am

amerste

Have watched the team for a while and still dont know all the names, and shamefully asked who as been subbed and who has come on, but hey ho by the end of the season we may know them all. Just a thought, on the match report "man of the match", if its not an ex vale player there doesn't seem to be a mention, maybe I'm being picky.
I mean to say the work rate of the likes of Butler and Stevens along with some clever play from Boyce are the creative part of the team, I agree Mealor performed as a man of the match performer and can create something from nothing and defend with the best, seen it before, Meady hardly mentioned works his socks off always ready to get stuck in and always aware of the right pass. Anyway this team is onward and upward, a little vocal backing I'm sure wouldn't go unwanted.

8Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Empty Re: Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:13 pm

suggs

amerste wrote:Anyway this team is onward and upward, a little vocal backing I'm sure wouldn't go unwanted.

Someone else who has spotted it, I have never been to a home game where there are over 100 people and no one claps their team on let alone cheers or claps when their plaeyers names are announced.

I would but I don't want to be on my own ... Embarassed

9Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Empty Vocal support Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:04 pm

Leon

Leon

That's something that will come with time. Bear in mind that 50-75% of the crowds this season are new to the club or at least have never been regulars. As those people become more familiar with each other and more comfortable in their surroundings you will find that the enthusiasm and vocal support will increase.

Although having said that I've been to many, MANY games with crowds of 100+ where the home fans haven't made a sound...

10Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Empty Re: Aylesbury 1-0 Leighton Town Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am

roka

roka

I went to a game like that once and then I realised I was at the deaf and dumb school.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum