Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was the Woodford game that uneventful?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Was the Woodford game that uneventful? Empty Was the Woodford game that uneventful? Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:04 am

Very hot out there and a hard, dusty pitch was never going to produce a classic. Point about the right result although the handbags at 90 minutes were comical to say the least

2Was the Woodford game that uneventful? Empty Re: Was the Woodford game that uneventful? Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:46 am

DB

DB

I'm very pleased for Dave Brown , he's deserved a goal in the last few games & duly got one in front of his u18s team mates. Was a bit suprised with Wardy through on goal & brought down that the ref didn't even get a card out. Would like to be entertained at Barton tomorrow because I really want to go to Top Field , its all going to happen over there .
Oh well ,I made my bed cheers
The race for the Zamaretto League Central Division took a bizarre twist today when it was revealed that Arlesey Town have been penalised by a nine point deduction just days after “clinching” the championship.

The penalty means that Hitchin Town have leapfrogged Arlesey and go into the final game of the season two points ahead of their local rivals. The Bank Holiday Monday game between Hitchin and Arlesey at Top Field becomes a title decider, with the Canaries needing one point to lift their first championship since 1993. If Arlesey win, however, the Blues will end the campaign as champions.

Arlesey issued the following statement after their 3-1 win against Uxbridge:

“Arlesey Town Football Club has just had 9 points deducted by the league for fielding an ineligible player due to what was a technicality. We feel the league has been extremely harsh and that the penalty does not fit the crime. We put a great case forward which appeared in our view, to have been completely discounted. We have had a fantastic 120th year, filled with great results and as far as we are concerned, Gary King - Director of Football and manager; Zema Abbey - Assistant manager, Derek Brown - Captain and the whole team, have won the league fair and square. They have given us a year of entertainment and skill that has been second to none. They have brought something special back into our club, they have put the dreams back into our community. “

Hitchin Town v Arlesey Town is on Monday April 25 2011, kick off 3pm

Imp

Surprised when I saw that about Arlesey, but even more surprised when I read this:

"ATFC are one of the few clubs left in the leagues that are owned not by a company or individual, but by the community, which is amazing after 120 years!"

Who are they kidding, they have been bankrolled big time this season in a shit or bust attempt to win promotion, and now all their dreams could be dashed by an admin error.

DB

DB

Love them or loathe them they deserve to go up as champs. Its a shame we havn't got a Manny Cohen , looks like he may have a spare quid or two Shocked quite an impressive CV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Cohen

Is he one of your mates Bas ?

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi DB, no indication that he is a brother of mine, or decended from one of the twelve tribes of Israel.But if he is surely his bookeeping skills would not allowed this to happen with a simple exercise like players contracts who are on loan. Looks like a chance was taken by somebody basically too play this ringer. Enjoy the last game and give them a cheer for me , c u down there Bas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum