Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Goal line technology

+2
meanmachine100
Unclealbert
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Goal line technology  Empty Goal line technology Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

So where do we all stand on this subject I personally think its a daft idea pirat

2Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:47 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

The only thing is Bert. The extra officials at the Euro champs are not doing much. So I think we need some system to help the refs. So I'm for technology.

3Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

Thought you might have an opinion on it and I also knew you would be for it. How is grass roots football going to replicate this pirat

4Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:29 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Just my opinion Bert you asked for them. They have technology in 1st class cricket which can't be replicated at grass roots. Don't start topics if you don't like the response you may get.

5Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Imp

meanmachine100 wrote:The only thing is Bert. The extra officials at the Euro champs are not doing much. So I think we need some system to help the refs. So I'm for technology.

I think the role of the officials behind the goal line is rather misrepresented. I have heard quite a few commentators at these Championships claim that they are worthless because "they never give any decisions". How do we know that? They are miked up to talk to the referee, and I am sure they do just that. Just because they haven't got a flag to wave or signal with their arms doesn't mean they aren't making a contribution to officiating the match.

6Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

Good point Imp what I would like too know is what the wand is for seems worthless to me. pirat

7Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:39 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

[quote="Imp"]
meanmachine100 wrote:The only thing is Bert. The extra officials at the Euro champs are not doing much. So I think we need some system to help the refs. So I'm for technology.

I think the role of the officials behind the goal line is rather misrepresented. I have heard quite a few commentators at these Championships claim that they are worthless because "they never give any decisions". How do we know that? They are miked up to talk to the referee, and I am sure they do just that. Just because they haven't got a flag to wave or signal with their arms doesn't mean they aren't making a contribution to officiating the match.[/quote

How do we know they are doing anything. Gerrand was fouled on the edge of the box and nothing was given. Lots of pens have been turned down. They seem to be a little scared to get involved.

8Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

Anyway back to goal line technology pirat

9Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:45 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

And I agree with Bert why don't they have a flag

10Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Imp

Goal line technology? If you want the right decisions all the time, go for it. If you are willing to forgive the odd mistake, leave it as it is! For most I guess that means "Go for it!"

11Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:36 pm

DB

DB

Not a fan of it myself, looks like a slippery slope to me & where will it stop? A player can dive take the free kick & have it adjudged to be a goal, so what do we do Question Cameras for diving, offside, keepers drop kicks, maybe mike up the players just in case they say something naughty. No
Good job the game is in the safe hands of Giuseppe the trustworthy Rolling Eyes

12Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Hatty

Hatty

I say " the sooner the better " and start using instant replays to ensure critical decisions are correct.
There is far to much at risk these days in top flight football for idiotic ones.

13Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:35 pm

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

Far too much at stake such as? Money !!!!! The same evil that is sending football down pirat

14Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:52 pm

DB

DB

Unclealbert wrote:Far too much at stake such as? Money !!!!! The same evil that is sending football down pirat

Well written Bertie boy, couldn't agree more cheers

15Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:17 am

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

DB wrote:
Unclealbert wrote:Far too much at stake such as? Money !!!!! The same evil that is sending football down pirat

i think we would all agree England had a bit of luck last night. thanks goodness they didnt have goal line technology at the euro 2012. and DB and Bertie boy can stop worrying about the financial side of football. keep using the extra official with no flags its cheeper. pirat pirat

16Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:23 am

Imp

meanmachine100 wrote:
DB wrote:

i think we would all agree England had a bit of luck last night. thanks goodness they didnt have goal line technology at the euro 2012. and DB and Bertie boy can stop worrying about the financial side of football. keep using the extra official with no flags its cheeper. pirat pirat

Did you (like the linesman!) miss the offside at the start of the move. At least a yard offside on the halfway line, should never have got that far!

17Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:49 am

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

Imp wrote:
meanmachine100 wrote:
DB wrote:

Did you (like the linesman!) miss the offside at the start of the move. At least a yard offside on the halfway line, should never have got that far!

Well M & M as you saw yesterday or probably didnt the goal line incident actually meant nothing as the player was off side from the original pass. You clearly have got over excited about having yet another dig at somebody on this forum you failed to get all the facts and look at them as a football person rather than an excited teenager.

UNCLEALBERT pirat

18Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:07 am

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Unclealbert wrote:
Imp wrote:
meanmachine100 wrote:
DB wrote:

Well M & M as you saw yesterday or probably didnt the goal line incident actually meant nothing as the player was off side from the original pass. You clearly have got over excited about having yet another dig at somebody on this forum you failed to get all the facts and look at them as a football person rather than an excited teenager.

UNCLEALBERT pirat

Well Bertie as you may or may not have seen the offside wasnt given so the goal would have stood if they had technology. your just trying to make yourself popular on the forum by agreeing with everyone except me. next time get YOUR facts straight. all i said was that we were a bit lucky but im still happy we won. And we all know you support Spain. pirat pirat

19Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:46 am

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

So you would say we need off side techno next then ?? And I tipped Spain to win because of their footballing ability not a childish who do you support reason. And it's Albert to you pirat

20Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:42 pm

mrfish

So when are we going to install the cameras and the big screen at the corner of the ground to watch the replays Smile cheers

21Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:55 pm

mrfish wrote:So when are we going to install the cameras and the big screen at the corner of the ground to watch the replays Smile cheers

We can ask the young kids who post on here to do it for us!

22Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:03 am

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

trimmtrab wrote:
mrfish wrote:So when are we going to install the cameras and the big screen at the corner of the ground to watch the replays Smile cheers

lol! lol! lol!

23Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:20 pm

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

meanmachine100 wrote:
trimmtrab wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
I doubt mean machine is tall enough perhaps he could sit on trims shoulders and film it with his handy cam. pirat

24Goal line technology  Empty Re: Goal line technology Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:34 pm

mrfish

Far too many boxes in these replies affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum