Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

A real shame

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A real shame  Empty A real shame Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:06 pm

Will afc

It's a real shame that we did not have Steve batemen and this current squad at the start of the season , would been intresting to see where we would of finished up , in my opinion we would not been in bottom half of table , but saying that still a lot of games to go let's keep cheering the lads on and see if we can try finish a respectable mid table ,

2A real shame  Empty Re: A real shame Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:34 pm

mrfish

Fully agree with that

3A real shame  Empty Re: A real shame Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:48 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

ditto!!!!!! study 

4A real shame  Empty Re: A real shame Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:40 pm

wellwisher

I'm glad Steve Bateman is beginning to turn around results for the Moles.He seems a nice bloke and most of us Slough fans appreciate what he did for our club in the 4 and a half seasons he was there.He was desperately unlucky not to get us promoted.

Think Slough's task of beating Aylesbury on your home turf is beginning to look a lot harder, than when we last played you in our home match but am looking forward to it.
Your team seems to be shaping up nicely and I'd be surprised if 3 points aren't gained against the raw,young side of North Greenford United,after such a good draw against Rugby but this league does throw up unexpected results and although Slough put 7 past them in midweek,they weren't as bad as the score suggests.
Good luck tomorrow. I'll predict a 4-1 win to the Moles !

5A real shame  Empty Re: A real shame Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Will afc

I'd certainly take a 4,1 win ,

We are starting to look very solid at the back now and playing with confidence and attacking flair , when we play slough it should be a good match

6A real shame  Empty Re: A real shame Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:53 pm

DB

DB

We all seem to think Steve is doing well.
Just for a comparison
Craig 13/14 managed 10 league games, 12 points GF 19 GA 20
Steve 13/14 18 games 18 points GF 15 GA 28

I do think its time to push on now and start winning games, lets see if Steve can keep his honeymoon period going till next season  cheers

7A real shame  Empty Re: A real shame Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Craig did have a close season to prepare and so to compare Steve's record when SB took over a poor side doesn't tell a true story.

Statistics can be written to reflect any argument. 97% of people know that.

8A real shame  Empty Re: A real shame Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:50 pm

wellwisher

Jools Thomas wrote:Craig did have a close season to prepare and so to compare Steve's record when SB took over a poor side doesn't tell a true story.

Statistics can be written to reflect any argument. 97% of people know that.

You're spot on,Jools. A new manager has to assess what players are worth keeping and gel his new players with his predecessor' players.
Give Steve time and he will bring decent players in and build a side to challenge.
He doesn't get everything right but who does !

I nearly got your score right today,one goal out,thought it would be 4-1. Still,nice to get another win.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum