Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA trophy Saturday

+5
AFC sec.
coach
DB
limprib81
Will afc
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FA trophy Saturday  Empty FA trophy Saturday Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:52 am

Will afc

I have just looked at Brentwood FC results of late and it's not been a good time for the players , management or fans
Last 5 results consist of lost 3 , drew 1 won 1
Scoring 4 conceding 13. Which leaves them 20th in the league .
Hopefully we can get the win and progress to the next round And have a bit of prize money which I think is £2.700 lovely jubbly

2FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:06 am

Will afc wrote:I have just looked at Brentwood FC results of late and it's not been a good time for the players , management or fans
Hopefully we can get the win and progress to the next round And have a bit of prize money which I think is £2.700 lovely jubbly

2-0 up at home in 4th qual of FA Cup against Didcot, a side you should fancy your chances against, and lose 4-2. You would be gutted. Either they're still shocked or out to prove a point.

3FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:31 pm

limprib81

limprib81

Jools Thomas MSc wrote:
Will afc wrote:I have just looked at Brentwood FC results of late and it's not been a good time for the players , management or fans

2-0 up at home in 4th qual of FA Cup against Didcot, a side you should fancy your chances against, and lose 4-2. You would be gutted. Either they're still shocked or out to prove a point.

Didn't know we are supposed to add our initials after our names Cool

4FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:36 pm

DB

DB

Not at our best, but scraped through for a Tuesday night replay, still in the hat and still a chance of 2.7k, nothing special about them, their keeper looked a bit suspect with high balls though.  Was their manager on a touchline ban ?

5FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:06 pm

coach

coach

Have to agree there db..they certainly didn't look like world beaters..guess our new defender won't be allowed to play in replay ?

6FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:54 pm

DB

DB

He's signed on and he wont be cup tied,  I guess it's down to him and Steve.
Jammas and O'Ts finished their ban today, I think we may have a stronger squad available than we had this afternoon, lets face it we were down to the bones today.

7FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:37 pm

coach

coach

is there a rule that if you was not eligible to play in original tie you can't play in replay..something like that..

8FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:29 pm

AFC sec.

FA Challenge Trophy Rule 15(f)
All players must have been eligible to play in the original tie in order to play in a replayed or postponed match; however a player who has been suspended according to the disciplinary procedures under the Rules of the Association may play in a postponed or replayed match after the term of his suspension has expired

In short everyone can

9FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Chatty

Chatty

Apart from the new fella then...?

10FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:06 am

coach

coach

If the new signing was registered he should be able to play then.would Steve take that risk I am not so sure..has he trained with the guys yet?

11FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:44 am

DB

DB

coach wrote:If the new signing was registered he should be able to play then.would Steve take that risk I am not so sure..has he trained with the guys yet?

I'm not so sure what risk you're on about Coach, but I guess we could always pad up the cross bar to stop himself getting knocked out in the warm up practising attacking headers.

12FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:04 pm

coach

coach

Can't just walk on a pitch and expect he will know exactly how his team mates play..

13FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:44 am

DB

DB

I've been watching them for a few years and I don't vaguely know how his team mates are going to play Laughing  
It might be a bit early to talk about it but Bideford don't look unbeatable, they are 3hrs 45 minutes away in Devon though.
 Four years ago we went out in a Tuesday night replay in the fog in Devon at Tivvy, Jammas, Jamie and Lammy all played, Steve Hale played his only game in goal for us .

14FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:52 am

coach

coach

I would be very surprised if he started concidering he only arrived in the UK sunday afternoon.
No talk of next round db..you will jinx the team..

15FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:18 pm

DB

DB

It's Tuesday today, but I know nothing about jet lag, guess we will have to wait and see about Rip Van Winkle.
I'm feeling very positive about this evening regardless, if it goes all the way to penalties I'm backing Weathers to be the hero, he saved 4 or 5 on the trot last season and I don't think he saved one this campaign, he must be overdue.  
I have 5 pullets and 6 hens, I consider myself very good at counting eggs Wink
COYM cheers

16FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:44 am

DB

DB

A game of two halves, they were up and at us from the off we were second best/quite poor but still managed a couple of chances, their first goal was a good strike but our defending looked woeful, maybe their attacking was very good, we may have been lucky only to let in one.  Second half we were all over them for 30 or 35 minutes but just couldn't finish, Ken hit the cross bar from 6 yards when it looked easier to score, O'T had a one on one and placed it wide, add to that 3 or 4 headers that missed the target, Fryer had a blast wide, he also was quick thinking enough to shoot from the halfway line with the keeper racing across his box to catch it on the line. They got the penalty from a break away and that was that. I'm disappointed we didn't score, we gave them a run for their money,  fair play and good luck to Brentwood, they seemed very nice people.
Turns out there was someone famous watching that one of our committee members had a crush on I love you

17FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:11 pm

vsparling

vsparling

From the sounds of it I thought there was more than one committee member with a crush!

18FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:48 pm

mrfish

Well come on ! Tell who was the celebrity cheers

19FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:53 pm

vsparling

vsparling

Antony Costa, from boy band Blue!

20FA trophy Saturday  Empty Re: FA trophy Saturday Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:51 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

vsparling wrote:From the sounds of it I thought there was more than one committee member with a crush!

He is young enough to be my son, however Wazza was quite taken aback with him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum