Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Chalfont game...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Chalfont game... Empty The Chalfont game... Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Just thought I'd drop a few notes about the match.

I thought the second half was the best 45 minutes of football we have played for a long time.
We showed superb commitment, fight and belief to get ourselves back into a match that could easily have run away from us again.
Ok, so we picked up a few bookings and the referee was another jobsworth who, at times, seemed to be wearing the yellow Chalfont jersey, but it just goes to show the effort that the lads were putting in.
It's just the pick-me-up AFC needed after the defeat at Dunstable and, hopefully now we can build on it and put a good run together but we need to play with the same determination in EVERY match from now until the end of the season.

I'd also like to add, disregarding the fracas that happened with the drunken Chalfont fan/idiot, I'm 100% behind Mark Eaton. Perhaps he shouldn't have been so vocal with his comments to the referee, but that just goes to show the passion he has for the game and this club. I probably would have done the same thing, except as a fan you can just about get away with slagging off the Ref Laughing

A great result and a superb game to watch.
Keep it up lads Smile

2The Chalfont game... Empty Re: The Chalfont game... Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Gemini

Great second half after getting well beat up in the 1st half, what Mark said to the players at half time worked a treat, could have gone on and won the game, but i think a draw was a fair result in the end.

http://www.geminicleaningservices.org

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum