Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Empty Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Another disappointing defeat today Mad

In fairness, I think we had the better of the first half, with plenty of decent efforts on goal but lacking in precision, and a clear-cut penalty for a foul in the box on Gareth Price which the rather spineless referee and linesman both ignored.

The second half was all Ashford.
The introduction of ex-Arsenal starlet Isiah Rankin made all the difference as Ashford carved us open and showed the ineffectualness of our shaky defence.
We were caught on the break again all too often.
Even Dean Brennans' reply goal to make it 2-1 was too little, too late to make a concerted effort to salvage something from the game and Ashford completed the rout by scoring again not long afterwards.

Let's hope we toughen up for tuesday nights' rearranged game against Bedworth.

2Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Empty Re: Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Gemini

Should have gone in at half time 2 goals to the good in a one sided 1st half,2nd half it was all Ashford who scored 3 times helped by some school boy defending from us Crying or Very sad

I know we can score against most sides, but we must sort out the defence sooner than later.

http://www.geminicleaningservices.org

3Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Empty Re: Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:35 pm

Several AFC players out of sorts and out of ideas. Not good enough on the day, I'm afraid.

4Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Empty Re: Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Imp

Missing the Leader perhaps?

5Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Empty Aylesbury 1- Ashford 3 Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:18 am

lord lucan

lord lucan

Bring back Grieg Williams for god sake,Brennan is ok in spells but he kept going walk about yesturday.Soon as the first goal went in for Ashford he vanished.And how come the said Brennan has played he every game so far,except when he was away one weekend?
It's early day's i know but i smell trouble ahead and Mark please get it right
for all our fans,as Yaz sang THE ONLY WAY IS UP.
LORD L. Rolling Eyes

6Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Empty Re: Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am

FatboyATmFC

Hi all,
Firstly, can i just say how i enjoyed my time at Haywoods Way yesterday. I was greeted with a smile by the parking attendants, the lady behind the bar, and the lady at the turnstyle. I enjoyed my halftime burger, again served with a smile and was also talked into buying a raffle ticket with the offer of "a pound for a strip" sadly it was a strip of tickets! lol

Of course its easier to enjoy an away ground when you come away with the points, but i really was impressed with your set up and the friendly welcome. Hopefully we can match your hospitality in the return fixture. Our clubs seem very similar in lots of ways.

The game went much as is written above, with you having at least 3 good chances in the first half and us being kept in the game by our legend Burgo (nearly 700 games over 20 odd years for us). Then we seemed to sort out our defensive problems that we have had all season at the flick of a switch and the second half was ours. The ref and linesman were poor for both teams, all seemed frightend to give anything that mattered.

See you all at the RPS.

7Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Empty Re: Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Imp

lord lucan wrote: Bring back Grieg Williams for god sake,

Too late for that, looks like he has gone back where his heart is!

8Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Empty Re: Todays game: Aylesbury 1 - Ashford 3 Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:58 am

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Imp wrote:
lord lucan wrote: Bring back Grieg Williams for god sake,

Too late for that, looks like he has gone back where his heart is!

I prefer the term "forced" out!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum