Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Todays game v Hitchin

+2
Thorny-D
DB
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Todays game v Hitchin  Empty Todays game v Hitchin Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:01 am

DB

DB

I spoke to Andy our groundsman a while ago , he is on site & working and tells me he has the overnight rain under control & expects it to be on . It has just started lightly raining again here in the County town.

http://weather.uk.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:UKXX0204&q=Aylesbury%2C+England
C'mon you Moles cheers

2Todays game v Hitchin  Empty Re: Todays game v Hitchin Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:18 am

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

As long as the river doesn't suddenly flash-flood, I'm guessing the game should go ahead.

We've played on worse pitches (from what I heard, the Slough match was more 'Plough' than Slough Wink) so let's hope the Ref will allow us to get our game on! cheers

3Todays game v Hitchin  Empty Re: Todays game v Hitchin Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:34 am

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

I thought that we played relatively well for most of the game but there was a little confusion amongst everyone as to what we should have been doing out there. The pitch was a mud bath in the middle, but the wings were in quite a good state, so why weren't we taking advantage of the width instead of bunching up in the middle? Ricky's early goal rocked Hitchin but unfortunately we did not manage to get another one as that would have possibly thrown them in to mass confusion. We were lucky not to go in to half time 3 - 1 down but fortunately their many attempts on goal were not on target.

The second half saw them coming on strong, and then this is where the turning point came. Sid went off just after Hitchin equalised, I didn't think that he was injured, and he had been having quite a good game up until then, but for whatever reason we then added Matt Butler to the middle and played Ricky up front on his own. This in itself seemed peculiar, but I thought it was so we could take advantage of the width. (wrong) 15 minutes later and Jamma comes on for Greg once again didn't look injured and hadn't had a bad game. Jon Douglas came up front, presumably to make up for the height after Sid went off and there were so many mixed messages coming from the bench that it was no wonder they were running around like headless chickens. But anyway, I am taking nothing away from Hitchin, they are top of the league after all. And their fans are a friendly bunch too. I hope they win the league, I couldn't bear to have to play them again in the play-offs, everyone is so tall!

Daventry on Tuesday, hope we have got it sorted out by then, but I am sure we will have seeing as the lads were kept out on the pitch for a good 15 minutes after the game talking tactics no doubt. Just hope the lack of warming down and the length of standing around in the cold after running about the pitch for 90 minutes doesn't cause too many muscle problems.

Sing when we're winning, moan like hell and try to blame someone when we lose, that's the way it is in football.

Just because I've written it doesn't mean that either you or I have to believe it. Wink

4Todays game v Hitchin  Empty Re: Todays game v Hitchin Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:09 am

budgie

A reasonably accurate report there AVITC.
Hitchen were obviously the better team but with some more luck we could have got something from that game until the 'tinkerman' waved his magic wand and started changing things.
Sid looked like he was surprised to be taken off. Him and Ricky are starting to form a good partnership up front, with Sid's height and Ricky feeding off his knock downs. But once the formation was changed the ball did not stay in their half for more than a second as it was headed straight back into the mix.
Team 8/10 for effort
Management 3/10 for their tactical know how

5Todays game v Hitchin  Empty Re: Todays game v Hitchin Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:23 am

Was suprised by the changes but I'm not sure if leaving things as they were would have altered the scoreline - it was not a case of if Hitchin would score but when.

6Todays game v Hitchin  Empty Re: Todays game v Hitchin Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:01 pm

mrfish

Hi there to all.As mentioned in previous posts, i to was bemused by the subs,also i was confused as to why Butler did not start the game scratch

7Todays game v Hitchin  Empty Re: Todays game v Hitchin Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Imp

Saw this on the Hitchin MB following last week's match. Not sure whether or not the writer had an axe to grind, but the ps was particularly pithy:

"A shaky start, but from then on there was always the feeling that if we could get the equaliser we could go on to win.

Really pleased for both Richard and Ieuan that they turned in a great performance and were rewarded with goals. Ieuan's goal from the edge of the area with his left foot was a cracker.

This will be a massive boost to the lads and proof that our character WILL see us through. Also it'll serve again to demoralise Arlesey and Daventry who have had to sit out this afternoon and see us rack up another three points from a game where they would have placed their hopes on Aylesbury getting something from us.

Bring on Barton Tuesday and let's do the same again!!!

Well done lads.

p.s. Another place to which I do not want to return next year. They printed just 30 programmes which IMO makes them tinpot. Burger was good though. Solid proof that you can cook a burger without black grease and smoke. "

Well done lads. Also another good turn out with at least half of the 158 supporters from Hitchin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum