Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Today......

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Today...... Empty Today...... Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:07 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

That second half was absolutely pathetic. no commitment and more to the point no idea of what we were trying to achieve. Can someone also explain why when 2-1 down, and with obviously nothing happening (or likely to) we a) bring on a centre half and b) leave the second change till the very end...... We have three possible changes and we should have made them earlier in a bid to change the situation. play off's? on that performance no chance.

2Today...... Empty Re: Today...... Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:51 pm

mrfish

Must agree with you mike. A center mid for a center mid ,and the one we took of was doing ok.Second sub ,well jaimie was struggling out there on the wing

3Today...... Empty Re: Today...... Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:02 pm

DB

DB

Rolling Eyes

4Today...... Empty Re: Today...... Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:17 pm

second half there was no idea, no strategy or plan. Did we manage a shot in the 2nd half? Not impressed. Evil or Very Mad

5Today...... Empty Re: Today...... Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:40 pm

MH

I have to say following a very promising first 45 minutes, when we could, should have been at least three up, to go in 1-1 was hard to swallow, but what followed thereafter was even harder to digest

Has anyone seen so many balls kicked out of touch, and not narrowly either but most by way of the telstar satelite dish!

Someone mentioned lack of composure recently and I said no, lack of experience

After todays showing that person was undoubtedly right and I was oh so wrong. That must be the worse 45 minutes of mush I have seen for many a month

It was almost total capitulation, spinelss at times, and I dont mean in the tackles, commitment in that department at least stayed for the duration, but it was the only thing that did.

If we were poultry I am afraid for those 45 minutes it was of the headless chicken variety, absolutely dire.

Was it me or did it cross the mind of anyone else during this period of dross that we looked like a team who had forgotten the fact that we had two forward on the pitch?

Were they ever given the ball, did we have a shot, did we create a chance, did we ever get down either wing. Am afraid it was a no to all four, in fact the only saving grace was that there wasn't 14 minutes of injury time, for I reckon that was the time the game lost trying to retrieve the balls we kicked into all corners of Bucks

As for the marking?...what was that? Then worse the impressive way we practised what looked like synchronised backing off!

Sure the lad took the second goal well, but ffs to run diagonally from one side of the pitch to the other without a red shirt getting within 5 yards of him is a footballing sin

dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh bloody dear!

6Today...... Empty Re: Today...... Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:48 pm

budgie

well well well
Must also agree with whats already been said. Certain players, they know who they are, had right stinkers today. Could not trap a bag of cement! A dismal performance all round. We used to tell our under 8's that the ball is their friend, so keep it and look after it, not keep giving it away!
So a generous 4/10 today for the team
But surprised that no one has mention the 'man in black', he had a poor poor game 3/10 Should have gone to specsavers.

7Today...... Empty Re: Today...... Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:25 pm

DB

DB

On the plus side, Every team has wobbles, (I'm glad I'm not a Hitchin fan)
We have had a very tough run of games & are still in touch with the play off places & a good win tomorrow night will put us back on course. It's not all doom & gloom

cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum