Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

today......

+4
aylfcsup@gmail.com
DB
MH
mikefarquharson
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1today...... Empty today...... Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:59 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Wasn't there but friends were and whilst part of Ricky's game is based around being an irritant to everyone he has to keep his big mouth shut or he will cost us more games during the season. Calling the ref "an F....ckin w....ker" got what it deserved but cost us three points, well done!!!. By the way where was the Leader and Danilson both of whom would strengthen the squad? It's looking a bit serious now...........

2today...... Empty Re: today...... Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:40 pm

Naivity, and inexperience have cost us over the past few games - this can't be helped with talented young prospects learnig their trade but gobbing off at the ref can be. That incident was a major factor in us losing the game. It was pure stupidity and it spoilt a game I had looked forward to after a difficult week at work.

Otherwise, I think new personnel are needed to give these kids a break. Jeanmal and Jamie Rudd looked out of sorts today and Lemar looked shot by the time he was substituted. I was also unsure what position Jack Thomson was playing. He wasn't a sweeper or a 3rd centre or a defensive midfielder - he didn't appear to have a role.

I am very annoyed as I write this so it may appear disjointed, I dont really want to go Tuesday if I have to watch yet another game like this. Disappointing.

3today...... Empty Re: today...... Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:55 pm

MH

mikefarquharson wrote:Wasn't there but friends were and whilst part of Ricky's game is based around being an irritant to everyone he has to keep his big mouth shut or he will cost us more games during the season. Calling the ref "an F....ckin w....ker" got what it deserved but cost us three points, well done!!!. By the way where was the Leader and Danilson both of whom would strengthen the squad? It's looking a bit serious now...........

Things might get a even more serious before Tuesday as well

On Miller.
If he could ever control his mouth, which on a scale of probability I would imagine lies between nought and one out of ten, then he most wouldn't be the same player.

Unfortunately his verbal indiscipline, even though hugely frustrating for his team mates, manager and supporters is just the way he is.

If he feels he or indeed a team mate has been wronged or justice not been served he can't let it go, he has to argue, and today we saw the ultimate consequence

The irony of today was that pre-sending off I though we looked quite dangerous certainly when in a and around their area, and even allowing for the penalty we were given being one of the harshest I have seen for many a match I actually would have been quite confident of not just holding on but extending the score

Miller should have kept his gob shut, he knows that, and was mortified 30 seconds later when the realisation sank in but it wasn't going down to ten men that Ashford equalized it was again shocking defending, and as I warned last week Jeanmal is not rightback

Going down to ten men also doesn't, shoudn't affect the shape of either the defence of midfield, it simpy means offensively we become less potent as we only have one up front, but few teams at our level can play for 65 minutes with ten men and escape scott free and so ultimately it proved.

If you are going to be sent off let it be for anything other than abusive language, it is so frustrating but Miller knows that, he saw red and cost us victory and he knows that as well

4today...... Empty Re: today...... Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:00 pm

MH

mikefarquharson wrote:Wasn't there but friends were and whilst part of Ricky's game is based around being an irritant to everyone he has to keep his big mouth shut or he will cost us more games during the season. Calling the ref "an F....ckin w....ker" got what it deserved but cost us three points, well done!!!. By the way where was the Leader and Danilson both of whom would strengthen the squad? It's looking a bit serious now...........

...and out of curiosity, especially as you weren;t there who told you Miller called the ref a F*****G merchant banker?

90% of all referees would have simply told Miller to shut up and get on with the game for his comments, this one, and by the letter of the law was absolutely within his rights to do so was in the other 10%

You tell me where you heard that Mike, and even though it wont excuse or lesson the affects of the red card, I will then tell you what he actually said

Last edited by MH on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

5today...... Empty Re: today...... Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:20 pm

MH

trimmtrab wrote:Naivity, and inexperience have cost us over the past few games - this can't be helped with talented young prospects learnig their trade but gobbing off at the ref can be. That incident was a major factor in us losing the game. It was pure stupidity and it spoilt a game I had looked forward to after a difficult week at work.

Otherwise, I think new personnel are needed to give these kids a break. Jeanmal and Jamie Rudd looked out of sorts today and Lemar looked shot by the time he was substituted. I was also unsure what position Jack Thomson was playing. He wasn't a sweeper or a 3rd centre or a defensive midfielder - he didn't appear to have a role.

I am very annoyed as I write this so it may appear disjointed, I dont really want to go Tuesday if I have to watch yet another game like this. Disappointing.

Thats unfortunately is easy to say, but where do you think Mark is going to get new players from especially on what appears to be a reducing budget.

It's not Marks fault, the opposite in fact but to entice players in from other clubs we need to have a budget available to do so we only got Darbs and Miller in last year because of ther friendship with Biley and the latter only stayed because of it ad the fact that he now likes the Gaffer, but unlike you I actually think we are only missing two people.
Ones a leader someone to mould these kids and another centre forward to help Miller, thats of course if he stays on the pitch and on the assumption we haven't of course hung him from the nearest tree for his verbal indiscretions! But both will cost money, and you have to ask the question where is it going to come from?

Look Mark can give them all the instructions in the world but as he said once on the pitch one cant legislate for mistakes...or sending off's!

It was me today I would have put Jammers or Jack at right back and Keiron on the right wing and put jeanmal back in the middle.
Then play that blond lad whose name, please forgive me who I forget,but who has thus far spent most of his time warming the bench yet every time he has got on looks quite, in fact very composed on the ball, and who plays everything simply in the middle of the pitch...it's easy! But why is it easy?Because we aint the managers Very Happy

We will be there Tuesday because thats what we do, and feel free to sbring that noose! Very Happy

6today...... Empty Re: today...... Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:32 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Irrespective of what words were used he abused the referee and was correctly sent off. The fact that 90% of refs would turn a blind eye just means that they need to get their act sorted, apply the laws of the game and rid the game of pepulant little schoolboys. Rick is a good player but if he carries on acting as he does then he will cost us a lot of points!

7today...... Empty Re: today...... Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:00 pm

MH wrote:

............play that blond lad whose name, please forgive me who I forget,but who has thus far spent most of his time warming the bench yet every time he has got on looks quite, in fact very composed on the ball, and who plays everything simply in the middle of the pitch...it's easy!

Sonny French.....I think

8today...... Empty Re: today...... Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:13 pm

DB

DB

When Ricky came to us last Oct many people said he's going to get red carded a lot, some 30 odd games later he's got his first one, I remember Boycie getting two in two & giving away a penalty for one of them!Lets not get too carried away.

9today...... Empty Re: today...... Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:35 pm

aylfcsup@gmail.com

could,nt make it today but 12 goals conceded in 3 games is excessive. Where are the excellent players who won us the double 2 seasons ago and played us eventually into 9th spot last season although a slight wobble at the end due to managment shuffeling. We had a strong midfield which stopped a lot of attacks before they became dangerous,now its non existent Eaton seems to have replaced MEN with BOYS who dont have the knowhow or talent to play at this level

10today...... Empty Re: today...... Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:09 am

DB

DB

"By the way where was the Leader and Danilson both of whom would strengthen the squad?"

Think the leader may have had a wedding

Not sure about Danilson but it looks likely he left his banjo at our place!

Beaconsfield SYCOB 1 Bedfont Town 0
Vicente 45

11today...... Empty Re: today...... Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:06 am

MH

mikefarquharson wrote:Irrespective of what words were used he abused the referee and was correctly sent off. The fact that 90% of refs would turn a blind eye just means that they need to get their act sorted, apply the laws of the game and rid the game of pepulant little schoolboys. Rick is a good player but if he carries on acting as he does then he will cost us a lot of points!

Don't get me wrong Mike he should keep his mouth shut full stop and stay on the pitch, but suggesting what he said is in some way irrelevant or secondary is frankly an asburd thing to say mate.

First of all, like most decisions, but especially dissent, depends on a referees interpretation so in that respect it most definitely becomes a matter of referees opinion and 'not law'. It then depends on whether he feels any comments made are aimed at him, fellow players or just said generally

Every player getting bowled over will probably turn around and let a for F***s sake ref? But how many times do they ever get sent off so of course it depends 100% on what a player says and how

Yiu want to hear what their players were calling him after the penalty incident but no-one was punished for it, so it does matter, of course it matters

I once saw a player get his calf raked by a defender resulting in shredded socks and 12" stud marks right down the back of his leg and the player turned round and said to transgressor "What kind of tackle is that you ginger f**K" and he was sent off for that whilst the offender walked away scott free..should he have been booked or even sent off? 99.9% of referess would say no, but on that day, by that ref or for those words he was!

Cant argue with it as you say Mike, but it does matter and were we to show red every time a player used such industrial language or similar we would never have enough players on the oitch to legally fi ish a match

You are of right of course though Mike, getting sent of costs points and for that reason alone should be immediately eradicated, especially in Millers case when it's nearly always for dissent or similar.

But whilst like you am so frustrated that Miller's mouth keeps getting him and sometimes, the team, into trouble, lets put it into perspective before the issue turns into a full blown and most certyainly an ott witch hunt

Ask yourself the questions does his underniable indiscipline problems cost us more points than others perhaps less talented who so regularly mess up on the pitch and who when doing so costs us goals, in both ends......
and regardless of the way he plays which as everyone would agree can frustrate us all, have no excuse for and cost us points would you prefer to have him in the team or not?

I also think we could easily use the sending off to camouflage so many other and far more pressing problems we have on and off the pitch

stupid little shite though!!

12today...... Empty Re: today...... Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:05 am

Imp

One word sums it up - Discipline. Its the first thing that goes out of the window when the chips are down and things aren't going your way. Players who can't control their emotions are a handicap to a club, no matter how good they are. You can't contribute to a match from the changing rooms after being sent off!

13today...... Empty Re: today...... Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:06 am

DB

DB

Ashford match report

http://www.ashfordtownmiddlesexfc.com/

14today...... Empty Re: today...... Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:21 pm

mrfish

What is MH meaning when he says things may get even worse before Tuesday!! Can they? Crying or Very sad

15today...... Empty Re: today...... Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Lab

mrfish wrote:What is MH meaning when he says things may get even worse before Tuesday!! Can they? Crying or Very sad

MH clearly knows his onions with what was coming!

16today...... Empty Re: today...... Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:41 pm

FatboyATmFC

Hi Guys,

There were whispers after the game that something was afoot with your manager. Its not my place to comment any further.

Personally, i thought your team put a good shift in and the score flattered us a bit. They are a young team, as are we, and you will get ups and downs when players are learning their trade.

I heard from a good source that your forward said "You F****** Cheating C***" to the ref. The cheat word is a red card in any refs book, so thats why he has walked.

Anyway, i thought the people that travelled were a nice bunch and i look forward to visiting your place later in the season.

All the best until then.

FB

17today...... Empty Re: today...... Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:58 pm

phantom wrote:
mrfish wrote:What is MH meaning when he says things may get even worse before Tuesday!! Can they? Crying or Very sad

MH clearly knows his onions with what was coming!

Look elsewhere on the forum!

18today...... Empty Re: today...... Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:27 pm

MH

FatboyATmFC wrote:Hi Guys,

There were whispers after the game that something was afoot with your manager. Its not my place to comment any further.

Personally, i thought your team put a good shift in and the score flattered us a bit. They are a young team, as are we, and you will get ups and downs when players are learning their trade.

I heard from a good source that your forward said "You F****** Cheating C***" to the ref. The cheat word is a red card in any refs book, so thats why he has walked.

Anyway, i thought the people that travelled were a nice bunch and i look forward to visiting your place later in the season.

All the best until then.

FB

Miller may be stupid but he aint stark raving mad, no player is that mad and unless you had an IQ no higher than a shoe lace no players would ever call a referee a cheat!
The referee refused to give us, in what was in Millers opinion a free kick, and told him to get on with the game as it wasn't a foul, millers reply was thats 'fuc***G shit' huge difference, and whilst as I said previously most would ignore a comment lke that this ref, as he is fully entitled to decided he wasn't going to
He was however actually called a cheat, although not followed by the 'c' word when he gave us a really debateable penalty but took no action...you decide which is worse

Either way, am not absolving Miller from blame he should just keep his mouth shut full stop, thats the best way to ensure no action is taken

19today...... Empty Re: today...... Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:32 pm

MH

FatboyATmFC wrote:Hi Guys,

All the best until then.

FB

Whilst others may be happy to entertain them, can I point out that this isn't the news of the world my friend, a good source and whispers amounts to gossip in my book, and I dont do gossip

But likewise look foward to seeing you ll in the return even though I am guessing there may be quite a few changes in personel...oops thats an opinion based on gossiping hearsay. Forget I said that! Very Happy

20today...... Empty Re: today...... Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:13 pm

FatboyATmFC

Its what the ref told your manager as they left the pitch at half time. But as you say whatever it was its happened and the boy was off.

21today...... Empty Re: today...... Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:31 am

MH

FatboyATmFC wrote:Its what the ref told your manager as they left the pitch at half time. But as you say whatever it was its happened and the boy was off.

It's not what the ref told anyone as they left the pitch, he told both Mark and the player, politely I may add to go away.
Interestingly according to Mark on Sunday, when he did briefly get to speak to the referee over the incident the referee apparently said that with hindsight, he should have called Miller and the captain over, booked Miller and issues a final warning, which still doesn't definitievely clear up what was actually said or not but the implications behind his comment to Mark, suggests what was said to him wasn't as bad as many, myself included initially thought

But as you say he was off anyway and should have kept his bloody mouth shut..end of

Just thought I would share that with you as I found it quite intersting actually

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum