Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Greenford

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1North Greenford Empty North Greenford Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 pm

Oldie

I was very disappointed with today's result.
North Greenford are not a good side but we didn't really test them particularly down the flanks.
Jamie looked as if he needs a break and even if he can't head the ball he needs to make more of an attempt at it and at least stop the defender heading it cleanly!
I think we need to be honest about Greg as well. I am afraid that he is a yard off the pace at the moment and as a result we are winning very little second ball in midfield. I hope we start Jack in midfield on Tuesday - he made a huge difference. When he came on we started picking up the second ball and he drove us forwards much more.
Defence was solid again and Darbs (my m.o.t.m)should now take the captain's armband for the run in.
Sid won far more than his fair share of headers and Ricky was very good again even if he needs to occasionally place the shot rather than blast it.

Overall this was a better performance than the abject display last Tuesday but we must start dominating midfield again.

2North Greenford Empty Re: North Greenford Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:01 pm

MH

Oldie wrote:I was very disappointed with today's result.
North Greenford are not a good side but we didn't really test them particularly down the flanks.
Jamie looked as if he needs a break and even if he can't head the ball he needs to make more of an attempt at it and at least stop the defender heading it cleanly!
I think we need to be honest about Greg as well. I am afraid that he is a yard off the pace at the moment and as a result we are winning very little second ball in midfield. I hope we start Jack in midfield on Tuesday - he made a huge difference. When he came on we started picking up the second ball and he drove us forwards much more.
Defence was solid again and Darbs (my m.o.t.m)should now take the captain's armband for the run in.
Sid won far more than his fair share of headers and Ricky was very good again even if he needs to occasionally place the shot rather than blast it.

Overall this was a better performance than the abject display last Tuesday but we must start dominating midfield again.

Cant really disagree with much of that at all. They weren't a good team and apart from our woeful attempt to play offside which led to their goal, I dont think they actually had another shot on target

I also and reluctantly have to agree with your point about Greg. As one who is meant to be pushing on, he was as you say, and has been for a while a fair bit of the pace and simply doesnt look fit enough.
Jamie too whilst looking reqally sharp with the ball at his feet, he has to become more physical and thats simply a mind set thing. Though I said he isn't exactly Andy Carrol when it comes to heading, he has I agree got to at least jump and challenge for all balls, and not just those in the air,of which even if he doesn't actually win the ball, its none the less still off putting for defenders

Keiron is another one who really disappointed yesterday and I would love to know what has happened to potentially our best attacking outlet over the laat 4,5 games. He is simply not the player even of a month or so ago
I also take your point about Miller yesterday, but every chance he made was really no more than a half chance stroke snap shot rather than an open opportunity, god wouldn't we like to see some of those

Analysing the games of late, and I hope its not just me, but whilst both full backs deal with their defensive duties well enough, do they ever overlap, do they ever go on attacking runs?
Maybe they are under orders not to do so, but either way, for us to start winning matches again we have to attack with more purpose, we have to push up more than we do and we certainly have to commit more men forward

As you say Darbs can control the back four and perhaps should be made captain, and at the other end Miller can leads the line by example and can create from nothing, but we cant rely on either doing so as a major ingredient to winning matches.

Football is a team game, of which everyone has to play their part, and perform their responsibilities equally and collectively they have to start doing so quickly

lastly, can someone, anyone tell me how when a forward is clean through on goal, on the edge of the six yard area and just about to shoot, only to hacked down that it does not bring in a red card for the offender!

Not saying it would have won us the game, but it certainly wouldnt have done any harm...the ref simply bottled it

Oh well onwards qand upwards

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum