Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

AFC 0 Bedfont 1

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AFC 0 Bedfont 1 Empty AFC 0 Bedfont 1 Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:07 am

DB

DB

If we intend to play that style of "football" on saturday could someone please tell me before I spend a load of cash getting to & into Atherstone, cos I can watch teams play those tactics better than us for f*%k all anywhere in the Vale on a sunday, rant over I'm off to find my neck brace

2AFC 0 Bedfont 1 Empty Re: AFC 0 Bedfont 1 Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:02 am

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Scrappy, Sloppy, probably a few more words I could use to describe that performance.

Not too bad defensively, although there was far too much last-ditch defending for my liking and Steve pulled off some good stops.
Sloppy in midfield though, we gave the ball away far too often and seemed content to just hoof it up to Sid and Ricky, which didn't work.(Not for the first time this season either)
And, apart from a couple of clear-cut chances which we failed to capitalise on, we barely got into the Bedfont box all night, and you can't play 'FOOT'ball while the ball is constantly in the air. Just a small tip there.

I don't know if it's just me, but, do we seem to be lacking in pace this year?
Apart from Luke, who ran like a scalded dog and got past their backline with ease at times, the whole team just seem to be that yard or two behind the opposition.
To be fair, Ricky does make the runs too, but he gets caught far to quickly and just bundled off the ball.

Oh well, brush it off and move on to saturday!

3AFC 0 Bedfont 1 Empty Re: AFC 0 Bedfont 1 Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:03 am

MH

Thorny-D wrote:Scrappy, Sloppy, probably a few more words I could use to describe that performance.

Not too bad defensively, although there was far too much last-ditch defending for my liking and Steve pulled off some good stops.
Sloppy in midfield though, we gave the ball away far too often and seemed content to just hoof it up to Sid and Ricky, which didn't work.(Not for the first time this season either)
And, apart from a couple of clear-cut chances which we failed to capitalise on, we barely got into the Bedfont box all night, and you can't play 'FOOT'ball while the ball is constantly in the air. Just a small tip there.

I don't know if it's just me, but, do we seem to be lacking in pace this year?
Apart from Luke, who ran like a scalded dog and got past their backline with ease at times, the whole team just seem to be that yard or two behind the opposition.
To be fair, Ricky does make the runs too, but he gets caught far to quickly and just bundled off the ball.

Oh well, brush it off and move on to saturday!

Totally agree, it was again disapointing, particuarly as we simply couldn't keep the ball. You're again right about long balls up to Sid, whilst he wins a fair share to be fair, it invaribly means the second ball is also air born and Miller simply isn't going to win thos, it doesn't work, you're right
The defence did look pretty solid, though it was a really sloppy goal to let in, and lack of pace is something I mentioned it a few weeks ago. Luke is certainly nippy thats for sure, its now a question (like Gareth to be fair) of ensuring he looks up when running
Must be the mutually agreement society today but again I agree that Ricky got caught off side far too often last night, is that carelessness or is it as you say, hes always making the runs, but no one in midfield seems capable of spotting them early enough and by the time the ball arrives all we see is an assistants flag?

But proving that football is all about opinions, he gets bundled off the ball easily? lol!

I thought Ben was a calming influence all around the back four, and have to say I doubt if there is many better defensive pairings in the league, whilst it was a soft goal, it was an umarked runner from midfield that did the damage. I also thought the two full backs did well, as indeed did young jack.

Collectively though and I am sure we all agree, we arent going to win
matches until that little round white thing remains on the ground

As for Atherstone, a club any football supporter has to feel sorry for, no fans any more, no money, voluntarily leaving the league at the end of the season as I understand things (Players have been playing for no wages for months) a shite ground and an even worse pitch which because they have no money to look after it, is almost impossible to play decent football on, and whilst it might not be pretty an easy victory is surely expected?

4AFC 0 Bedfont 1 Empty Re: AFC 0 Bedfont 1 Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:30 am

Imp

"As for Atherstone, a club any football supporter has to feel sorry for, no fans any more, no money, voluntarily leaving the league at the end of the season as I understand things (Players have been playing for no wages for months) a shite ground and an even worse pitch which because they have no money to look after it, is almost impossible to play decent football on, and whilst it might not be pretty an easy victory is surely expected?"

Thats a little bit patronising. This has been coming for a while for Atherstone, and while it is sad that any club suffers hardship, they won't be the last. The way money is thrown around in football, even at this level, is unsustainable. Sponsors are thin on the ground due to the economic climate, attendances are falling across the board, yet players are still enticed to play for clubs and given wages that can't be afforded at many clubs, chasing the dream of promotion and riches that come with it. For the record, Atherstone are still the 5th best watched team in the division, averaging 134 per game. So not all their supporters have deserted them! And if you expect an easy victory on Saturday you may well be disappointed come 5-00!

5AFC 0 Bedfont 1 Empty Re: AFC 0 Bedfont 1 Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:28 pm

MH

Imp wrote:"As for Atherstone, a club any football supporter has to feel sorry for, no fans any more, no money, voluntarily leaving the league at the end of the season as I understand things (Players have been playing for no wages for months) a shite ground and an even worse pitch which because they have no money to look after it, is almost impossible to play decent football on, and whilst it might not be pretty an easy victory is surely expected?"

Thats a little bit patronising. This has been coming for a while for Atherstone, and while it is sad that any club suffers hardship, they won't be the last. The way money is thrown around in football, even at this level, is unsustainable. Sponsors are thin on the ground due to the economic climate, attendances are falling across the board, yet players are still enticed to play for clubs and given wages that can't be afforded at many clubs, chasing the dream of promotion and riches that come with it. For the record, Atherstone are still the 5th best watched team in the division, averaging 134 per game. So not all their supporters have deserted them! And if you expect an easy victory on Saturday you may well be disappointed come 5-00!

Its not patronising at all, my people are so touchy or at best read what they want to read IMP

My opening line was a club that all football supporters have to feel sorry for...how is that patronising?

No money is a fact, shite ground is a fact (and thats simply because they have no money) Shite pitch, I've seen it this year and let me tell you it is dire, none of that is patronising I genuinely feel sorry about a team that only a few years ago graced the pyramid way above where they now find themselves

I also didn't say all supporters, go back in to the records and see how many people used to go, the fact that they still average 134 (and I take your word for it) shows how loyal some of their supporters are and again highlights why every genuine football supporter should have real sympathy for them as by the grace of god you could replace the name of Atherstone for many clubs

Speak to their supporters Saturday and you will see that inspite of their inevitable plight they are top top people which again adds to the sadness

Sympathy apart, and after the dross of the last two months there is always going to be a huge chance of disapointment, but if the lads cant get a win against a team who has shipped in what 100 goals in the league already, then not only it would be pretty disapointing it would also be pretty sad, and thats not meant to be patronising either

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum